“Exquisite Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague

You added Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague to your Saves list
Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Janackovo Nabrezi 15, Prague 150 00, Czech Republic (Praha 5)   |
Ranked #100 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Exquisite Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have just returned from one of the best city breaks I have ever travelled too. I chose this hotel as it was my 30th Birthday and wanted something a bit special. We arrived to exceptional and friendly service and shown to our room which was immaculate and spotlessly clean. I asked for a room with a balcony overlooking the riverside and the castle which I had and believe me when I say it was breath taking. Beautifully lit in the night and just as beautiful in the mornings.

Breakfast was served 7am -11am and a continental breakfast consisted of the usual, cereal's fruit, croissants, and egg sausage and bacon. It was most enjoyable and enjoyed the selection. The breakfast staff were lovely especially the young trainee who was very sweet and couldn't do enough for us.

We spent most of our evening in the bar, as it was a lovely atmosphere and the food was delicious. I expected the food and drink to be overpriced due to the calibre of the hotel but that wasn't the case at all. It was very reasonable.

All staff were accommodating polite and friendly. Overall one of the best placed ive stayed and already planning my next visit!

Room Tip: Book this hotel, you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear valued traveler, dear Natalie,

thank you very much for spending time and writing your review on Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague.

We are very happy to see your satisfaction with overall stay, especially with room, cleanliness of the room including the view on the river and staff, that made your trip even more enjoyable.

Once more congratulations and happy birthday - we look forward to welcome you in Prague on your future trips.

Kind regards and all the best to London,

Tibor BIELIK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

What an amazing hotel, beautiful decor, great service, wonderful location, clean, and very affordable. While some might look at a Prague map and think this hotel is out of the city center, it is right on the water, and only a 15 minute walk to the city center. The walk, needless to say, is breathtaking (which comes in handy after eating so much delicious food), and I captured beautiful photos along the way. The metro and numerous trams are also close by in case you don't want to walk. I would, without a doubt, stay here again (I can't emphasize enough how magnificent this place was).

Room Tip: I booked this through WorldHotels and got a great deal!
Dear valued traveller, dear Angela,

thank you so much for your beautiful comment and hotel review posted on Tripadvisor.com webpage.

We are very happy to see that you enjoyed the stay as well as great service and wonderful location. It is realy only few minutes - or one bridge away - from all the attractions and downtown.

We are honoured that you enjoyed the city and had more than just a good time here.

We look very much forward to possibly welcome you in our lovely city again in the future.

Kind regards to Washington,

visalia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Prague has lots of choices in hotels. I was extremely pleased with our choice. When you enter you come into a room, not a "check in" desk. Very helpful staff. One drawback is that there are steps to get up and down past a corridor to the elevator. I had a bum ankle but the staff jumped in to help get us quickly get to our room, along with all our luggage. The hotel is right next to a bridge that goes across the river to the old town; so very convenient. A short walk up the river to the Charles Bridge was our first night's walk ( or my limp). The bar was a nice stop for "happy hour" at the end of the day; two drinks for the price of one. The rooms are very nice with the largest closets and bathroom that we saw in the 6 hotels we stayed in on our trip. The staff arranged for a "cab" to take us to the airport at the end of our staff: A sleek, comfortable Mercedes which actually cost less than I had been told. Originally I was going to take the tram to near the railway station and catch the airport bus there. The staff calculated the cost of that route vs. a cab, looked at my ankle, and advised me to take a cab which was not much more than the two of us would have spent lugging our luggage to the tram. All in all, this was an excellent choice for us and we would recommend it highly!

Dear valued traveller,

thank you very much for your nice comment and review on Tripadvisor.com.

We are happy that you enjoyed the stay as well as our special "happy hour" bar service. I am proud that you noticed the personalised service by our employees and I will personally give your compliments to the team for their great work.

We are glad that you enjoyed the city and had wonderful time here with us.

We look forward to possibly welcome you in our lovely city again in the future.

Kind regards,

Rockville, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Lovely, intimate hotel on the riverbed..near major bridges in Prague, clean, comfortable , updated rooms, quiet location. Breakfasts very good. Highly reccomended .We walked everywhere from this location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear valued Guest from Rockville,

I am really happy to read such words about Mamaison Hotel Riverside Prague!

Thank you very much also for your nice comment about the room and the location!

I am trully glad you enjoyed the stay with us!

I will be honored to welcome you again in our hotel where you felt well and I can promise you we will do our best again!

Yours sincerely and all the best to Maryland,

Tibor Bielik
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We actually stayed here for our wedding in 2003, just never go around to reviewing it. We were upgraded because we were there to get married, which was a very nice touch. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful as this was our first trip to Prague. The room was well appointed with great views of the river. I don't recall if we ever ate at the hotel but there is not one single thing negative I can say about this hotel...or about Prague for that matter. Was a fantastic trip all around!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear valued Seattle traveler,

I appreciate very much your nice comments and review on Tripadvisor.com despite the fact it is actually a memory from 2003.

We are happy that you enjoyed the stay as well as room upgrade and staff service. I am thrilled to see that the stay was so memorable that you have decided to review the hotel after 10 years - that is absolutely fantastic and once more big thank you for this.

We are glad that you enjoyed the city and had wonderful time here.

We look forward to possibly welcome you in our lovely city again in the future.

Kind regards,

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. We were met with a warm welcome at reception & the public areas of the hotel are so ornate & beautifully decorated (even the lift!). Our room was magnificent, such a lovely room. Huge, comfortable bed, a big bay/turret window over looking the river, a safe, mini bar, coffee maker, hairdryer etc. In a great location, not too far from all of Pragues top attractions. Reception sells tram tickets & gives advice on what to do when there. Breakfast was good, nice selection of items on offer. Would very, very happily stay here again. Only negative point would be the bar prices... far too expensive for Prague standards. No wonder people dont use it! Shame as its a lovely, cosy wee bar.

Dear valued traveller from Scotland,

thank you very much for your review of Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague. We appreciate your feedback and value your experience that you are providing for the rest of the Tripadvisor community.

First of all, we are happy to see that you received a warm welcome and that you liked the room provided with the river view as well as location comment.

However we regret to see your dissapointment with the prices in our lovely bar. We have made several competition checks to see how we are possitioning ourselves in terms of providing value for the money spend and we truly believe that current setup is working properly. But I can assure you that we are looking closely to all of the concerns related to the bar prices as to find the best ways of improvement for you - our guests.

We truly hope to welcome you in Prague sometimes in the future.

Kind regards and all the best,

General manager
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

first of all I have an apology to the Hotel.
I thought I had left a review after our visit in June but it appears I did not. Sorry !!

I find it necessary to apologise because this is a fantastic hotel with wonderful staff.

This was our first visit to Prague and we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. I contacted the Hotel prior to our visit asking for a river view explaining the circumstances of our visit.
when we arrived Julie my wife asked if the room had a river view, The receptionist said " your SUIT has a river and a castle view" Suit !! yes a wonderful suit in the top of the hotel. The room was fantastic yes as previous stated in other reviews it was a warm room. (we found by not using the air con it actually stayed cooler !! but fantastic views of the castle city and river. although close to a main road junction we never heard any traffic noise at all

(to be honest it would have been pretty difficult not to have a river view as we arrived at the height of the biggest flood on record and the city it's self was on red alert for flooding )

The staff were brilliant nothing too much trouble for them .. a special thank you to Michaela with whom I dealt with throughout..

Top Tips . 1 ...when we booked (jet 2 city break)I contacted the hotel separately and booked the hotel's limo to pick us up at the airport the chauffer was the waiting for us and so was a massive Mercedes ..took us right to the front door ...Where all the staff pilled out with umbrella's as it was pouring it down. The limo cost in the region of 30 euro's well worth it !! especially after talking to other holiday makers who had paid taxis somewhat more.
2..come out of the hotel main entrance turn right and walk to the main road with the tram lines.. turn right and walk to the end of the road no more than 10 minutes ..you then come to a large shopping centre and tram terminus there are lots of local bars and restaurants much cheaper than the main square for eating and drinking on a night... we had a 3 course meal inc 2 pints of beer 2 martini lemonades a Irish coffee and tea for £17 ..yes 17 quid !!! and we were stuffed . beer here is about £ 0.75 a pint in the old town about £4/5 a pint !

I Highly recommend the hotel ..... Will we be revisiting Prague? YES ...will we stay again at this hotel ? Without a doubt Y E S !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest from Wakefiels,

thank you very much for your extensive review of Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague as well as tips provided for possible visitors of Prague.

We appreciate your feedback and value your honest evaluation and experience for fellow travelers on Tripadvisor community.

We are happy to see that you liked the upgrade to our suite provided with the river view as well as comments on staff attendance.

We truly hope to welcome you sometimes in the future.

Kind regards to the UK,

General manager

Been to Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague? Share your experiences!