“Would not be a good option if you are older” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague

Save Saved
You added Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague to your Saves list
Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Janackovo Nabrezi 15 | Prague 5, Prague 150 00, Czech Republic (Praha 5)   |
Ranked #83 of 666 Hotels in Prague
portland, or
“Would not be a good option if you are older”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

In general we would never go back to Prague again. We are in our early 30's and felt too old for Prague. It is a complete party city. Our first disappointment of this trip was the location of the hotel. It is about a mile walk to all the restaurants and bars. We got very lucky with parking right in front of the hotel at no cost. Our check in was okay. The staff member didn't seem to be too enthusiastic about checking us in. After check in we got to carry our extremely heavy bags up a flight of stairs. The elevator is in the back and there are a couple section of stairs you have to climb first. The home itself was actually nice. I think they might of upgraded us because it seemed larger then other reviews. We also had a view of the bridge which was nice. The shower would be my only complaint for the room. The door didn't close all the way and would flood the entire area. In the morning we realized you can here everything from your neighbors. The walls are paper thin. our neighbor liked to get up at 5 am and it sounded like there was a basket ballgame going on in there. The hotels location is very bad. There are a couple of homeless people that hang out right outside the hotel. Everyday we hiked from our hotel for about an hour to get to all the action.
If you think you need to see Prague for yourself, stay closer to old town. We ended up stumbling onto the Golden well one day lost trying to find a restaurant and I wished we stayed there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear valued guest from Portland,

thank you very much for your review of Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague. We appreciate constructive feedback and value your honest evaluation and experience for fellow travelers on Tripadvisor community.

We are glad that you liked the room provided with the river view, actually as per your review your hotel stay was quite enjoyable - and your only complaint would be our shower. Apart from that I cannot find a negative comment on the lodging provided during your trip.

We regret to see that your expectations on Prague was very much different and that your disappointment with the city influenced our score so greatly.

I must disagree with you on Prague tagging as a party city, our lovely capital has so much to offer - I wish you could spend more time with our concierge to get the tailor made recommendations - I am sure you would not be disappointed the way you are.

Still we are glad that overall feeling made you not to leave and we truly hope to welcome you sometimes in the future.

Kind regards and all the best to Oregon,

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Pendine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at Mamaison Riverside on a family trip to Prague last August (2012). We loved the hotel then - lovely surroundings, friendly and helpful staff. It was a fantastic long weekend.

Last night, they truly excelled. Michael in particular, who was on duty at midnight when our crisis struck, was so helpful, and sorted a lot of problems. The crisis began shortly before midnight. Our daughter and friend are traveling in Europe and were at the station ready to catch the midnight train to the next destination. Her friend was taken ill and they had to go to hospital (and got ripped off by taxi-driver who charged equivalent of £50, leaving them with no cash). 2 x 19-year-old girls, emergency situation, parental panic going on in UK. Husband and I started hunt for somewhere to stay, by coincidence room came up at this hotel, the only one we knew in Prague. Booked over telephone. Over next 1.5 hours, as well as sorting out the room, Michael arranged taxi from hospital (via another hospital pharmacy to pick up meds), calmly dealt with phone calls from us and our daughter and offered reassurance all the way, warmly greeted them with tea and fruit when they arrived at 2am.

This morning, staff have helped further by extending the check-out time and arranging taxis to the station.

This is a true example of customer care, and taking that extra step. We are very grateful to Michael. I cannot recommend the hotel and customer care here highly enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued traveler from Pendine,

thank you very much for spending time and writing your review on Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague.I would laso like to thank you for your loyality on your repeated visit.

We are very happy to see your satisfaction with overall stay, especially with customer service that you received during your emergency and staff, that made your trip even more enjoyable. I will give your compliments to Michael.

We look forward towelcome you in Prague on your future trips.

Best regards,

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Really helpful reception staff who took time to point out main attractions on map for us. Lovely deluxe room with massive bed and great shower. Breakfast was included and was great. Staff very pleasant and nothing was a bother to them.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear valued traveler from Scotland,

We are very happy to see your satisfaction with overall stay, especially with our bed, cleanliness of the bathroom, breakfast offerings and staff, that made your trip even more enjoyable.

We look forward to possibly welcome you in Prague on your future trips.

Kind regards and all the best,

Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night in June 2013 and we found Riverside Hotel to be a great hotel! We wished we stayed there longer. Everything was beautifully decorated, and the staff was very friendly. Due to travel issues, my checked bag was lost on my flight to Prague, and the airlines didn't know where it was. The hotel staff was very helpful in trying to help locate it and make sure it was delivered before our departure the next day. The hotel is a short 15 minute walk to the old town, and it's a picturesque walk along the Vitavi River. We had no complaints...this hotel was a great find! I believe this property should be rated 5-stars. It's absolutely beautiful with nice amenities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued traveler from Nashville,

thank you very much for a beautiful review on Tripadvisor.com regarding your recent visit at Mamaison Riverside Hotel - Prague.

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments on hotel in general, location and last but not least our staff - who is dedicated to help people like you - our beloved guests. We appreciate very much your experience and I will personally share your review with our team members.

We look forward to welcome you back if your travel plans ever bring you back to Prague.

With best regards to Tennessee,

Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The trip didn't start off the best when we had a misscommunication about where in the train station we should meet their driver, but once we did meet up and get to the hotel it was great. The room was on the first floor (which I liked) and big enough for the two of us to unpack our things and spread out. I think we were given an upgrade as we had a fridge and Tea/Coffee facilities when we only had reserved a basic room. It was a nice touch. As mentioned by others, the Breakfast room was a bit small (and a tad bit expensive), but the selection was great and the staff eager to replace any item you wanted more of. I really can't say enough about the staff overall though. They were so helpful with our luggage, recommending places to eat (take their advice! They didn't let us down once), arranging early morning cab bookings and fetching me ice when a sore back slowed me down. I highly recommend this hotel for the staff and the great location (a short walk into the city with a great view from any of the bridges you take to get there).
However! There is one warning. The bathroom was beautiful but the tub was dangerous. High sided and no bathmat means you need to be very careful getting in and out of the shower.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and liked it. That meant, however, we probably heard a lot more noise tha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued traveler, dear Ms. Libby,

thank you very much for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor.com regarding your visit at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words first of all on the room itself /including the complimentary upgrade/, location and last but not least staff. We appreciate very much your experience and I will personally share your review with our team members.

We look forward to welcome you in Prague if your travel plans ever bring you back to our beautiful capital city.

With kindest regards to Nova Scotia,

York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I visited Prague for the first time in June 2013 and stayed 3 nights at the Mamaison Riverside Hotel. Overall, our first impressions were favourable, but the hotel and rooms were let down by small details (the differences between a good hotel and a great one).
1. The handle on the ensuite door was set right against the frame resulting in bashed knuckles.
2. The sink did not have a plug, so impossible to wash or shave with a basin of hot water. Apparently, all the rooms were the same?
3. We booked a Deluxe Double room, which to our amazement, did not come with tea and coffee making facilities. Apparently, you need to go further up the scale to a Superior Room for these (the hotel did however provide them for us at no charge, so plus points for that).
4. No fridge or Mini Bar in the Deluxe Room.
5. The Breakfast Room in the Basement, was a little strange. It was like something from a 1960's Guest House - cramped with everyone wispering, so not to be overheard. Staff were slow to replace the dishes that had run out (which most had every time we visted the table!), but hovered over you to take your plates as soon as you had taken your last mouth full. All very odd!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear valued guest, dear Robert,

thank you very much for your Mamaison Riverside Hotel review. We value both positive as well as constructive feedback on our performance.

First of all I am glad that your overall feeling was good and the impressions were favorable.
On the other side I am sorry that some issues have arisen and the stay was not according to your expectations. Let me react on the issues mentioned in the review. You have been staying in room 301 - which is Superior Room and Superior room is what you booked initially. Deluxe room is one level up, where coffee and team making facilities are included of course. However, as you mentioned, our reception staff quickly arranged and supplied you with those complimentary - normally, we charge 10 EUR for this service in Superior category. Again - as per the reservation confirmation we have on file this room category is exactly what you have booked with Rail Select.

Mamaison Riverside Hotel has some rooms /like 301/ where it is not possible to install the plug in the sink, we truly apologize for this technical issue, but the special sinks we have in few apartments technically do not allow to install them with the faucets we have in the bathrooms. We will discuss with our technician other solutions or would change the entire faucets.

Also, I would like to assure you that Mamaison Riverside hotel is equipped with all 4 * hotel standard amenities or services and we have minibar in every room. The minibar is right below the TV behind the glass in the bedroom, unfortunately I cannot post a picture to show you where it is located. The TV actually stands on top of the minibar so it is almost impossible to overlook it.

I am sorry for the troubles caused at the breakfast room, I would immediately discuss the service with our F&B Manager to improve on services so that situations like you mentioned would not happen again.

We hope to prove you next time that Mamaison Riverside Hotel took the additional mile to become a great hotel for you - our guests.

With kindest regards,

Stockton-on-Tees
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at the Mamaison Riverside Hotel. I travelled with a group of friends some of which also stayed at the hotel.
Communication before arrival was a nice touch and they acquiesced to many of my requests. The building both inside and out is beautiful, the room was very well finished with tasteful decor and a particularly fabulous bathroom. I really liked the in room safe with a built in plug socket, very clever.
Lovely views of the city.
It's a decent walk to Charles Bridge but you can get straight over the river toward Praha 1 fairly quickly and the walk gives you a chance to look at the fantastic architecture and scenic views.
I would definitely stay here again and although I went with friends it'd suit perfectly a romantic get away.
Oh I must mention the bed, it was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

Room Tip: If I were going with a significant other I'd consider getting a room with a view, depending on h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear valued guest from Stockton-On-Tees,

thank you very much for posting your wonderful review on Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to see your satisfaction with your stay. I am proud especially on your nice comments on the building and it´s decor as well as rooms that you liked so much. Last but not least we thank you for your comment on the bed that you so proudly described as one of the most comfortable beds you've ever slept in.

We look forward to possibly welcome you in Prague on your other occasions.

Best regards,

Tibor BIELIK

Been to Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague? Share your experiences!