My wife and I visited Prague for the first time in June 2013 and stayed 3 nights at the Mamaison Riverside Hotel. Overall, our first impressions were favourable, but the hotel and rooms were let down by small details (the differences between a good hotel and a great one).
1. The handle on the ensuite door was set right against the frame resulting in bashed knuckles.
2. The sink did not have a plug, so impossible to wash or shave with a basin of hot water. Apparently, all the rooms were the same?
3. We booked a Deluxe Double room, which to our amazement, did not come with tea and coffee making facilities. Apparently, you need to go further up the scale to a Superior Room for these (the hotel did however provide them for us at no charge, so plus points for that).
4. No fridge or Mini Bar in the Deluxe Room.
5. The Breakfast Room in the Basement, was a little strange. It was like something from a 1960's Guest House - cramped with everyone wispering, so not to be overheard. Staff were slow to replace the dishes that had run out (which most had every time we visted the table!), but hovered over you to take your plates as soon as you had taken your last mouth full. All very odd!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
July 1, 2013
Dear valued guest, dear Robert,
Report response as inappropriate
thank you very much for your Mamaison Riverside Hotel review. We value both positive as well as constructive feedback on our performance.
First of all I am glad that your overall feeling was good and the impressions were favorable.
On the other side I am sorry that some issues have arisen and the stay was not according to your expectations. Let me react on the issues mentioned in the review. You have been staying in room 301 - which is Superior Room and Superior room is what you booked initially. Deluxe room is one level up, where coffee and team making facilities are included of course. However, as you mentioned, our reception staff quickly arranged and supplied you with those complimentary - normally, we charge 10 EUR for this service in Superior category. Again - as per the reservation confirmation we have on file this room category is exactly what you have booked with Rail Select.
Mamaison Riverside Hotel has some rooms /like 301/ where it is not possible to install the plug in the sink, we truly apologize for this technical issue, but the special sinks we have in few apartments technically do not allow to install them with the faucets we have in the bathrooms. We will discuss with our technician other solutions or would change the entire faucets.
Also, I would like to assure you that Mamaison Riverside hotel is equipped with all 4 * hotel standard amenities or services and we have minibar in every room. The minibar is right below the TV behind the glass in the bedroom, unfortunately I cannot post a picture to show you where it is located. The TV actually stands on top of the minibar so it is almost impossible to overlook it.
I am sorry for the troubles caused at the breakfast room, I would immediately discuss the service with our F&B Manager to improve on services so that situations like you mentioned would not happen again.
We hope to prove you next time that Mamaison Riverside Hotel took the additional mile to become a great hotel for you - our guests.
With kindest regards,
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.