My wife and I visited Prague for the first time in June 2013 and stayed 3 nights at the Mamaison Riverside Hotel. Overall, our first impressions were favourable, but the hotel and rooms were let down by small details (the differences between a good hotel and a great one).
1. The handle on the ensuite door was set right against the frame resulting in bashed knuckles.
2. The sink did not have a plug, so impossible to wash or shave with a basin of hot water. Apparently, all the rooms were the same?
3. We booked a Deluxe Double room, which to our amazement, did not come with tea and coffee making facilities. Apparently, you need to go further up the scale to a Superior Room for these (the hotel did however provide them for us at no charge, so plus points for that).
4. No fridge or Mini Bar in the Deluxe Room.
5. The Breakfast Room in the Basement, was a little strange. It was like something from a 1960's Guest House - cramped with everyone wispering, so not to be overheard. Staff were slow to replace the dishes that had run out (which most had every time we visted the table!), but hovered over you to take your plates as soon as you had taken your last mouth full. All very odd!