“Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel U Tri Pstrosu (At the Three Ostriches)

You added Hotel U Tri Pstrosu (At the Three Ostriches) to your Saves list
Hotel U Tri Pstrosu (At the Three Ostriches)
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Drazickeho Namesti 76/12, Prague 118 00 , Czech Republic (Mala Strana (Little Quarter))   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #113 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is right at the end of the Charles Bridge and in the perfect convenient location for a visit to Prague. A nighttime stroll back to the hotel across the bridge is lovely. We stayed 3 nights. The staff could not have been more helpful with numerous requests from us including taxis, dinner reservations and laundry. The full breakfast was delicious with lots of variety. Rooms simply but perfectly adequately furnished. Bathrooms nicely marbled. An expected bit of wear on the public area carpets as there is not elevator and heavy traffic on the stairs. Fun outside dining area for a meal or afternoon beer. Overall a great value for a top location.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bound Brook, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a fantastic weekend in Prague, and this hotel was one of the reasons! We had reserved a suite, and we were kindly upgraded to the Charles IV suite. There were 3 people in our party, and this accommodation was very spacious, with comfortable beds, and very clean. The best part of our room were the windows that opened to a gorgeous view of the Charles Bridge and all the action that was taking place there! Prague is such a magical city, and being where we were made us feel all the more part of that magic. The only possible drawback is that on a warmer night, if you want to keep the windows open, it does stay quite noisy late into the night. It was cool when we were there, so we kept the windows shut, and that was barrier enough against the noise. We found everyone in the reception area extremely friendly and helpful. On the day we checked out, we did not need to leave for our train until 5:00 p.m., and we were welcome throughout the day as we left our bags there and also relaxed for an hour or so in the afternoon in the sitting area (where there is always coffee available) before we left for our train. The breakfast was more than adequate. The location can't be beat, right on the Charles Bridge, close to everything! We loved taking our time walking over the bridge, admiring the work of the artists and listening to the various musicians along the bridge. Would stay here again all over again!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

Wonderful small hotel in perfect place.Loved the visit. Rooms facing the Charles Bridge can be noisy at night. If a guest is prepared for it,like I was,it's not an issue. If a guest prefers a quieter room,perhaps a room not facing the bridge would be better. Would stay here again without even considering different hotel. Thank you for helping to make our visit to Prague absolutely fabulous.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Extremely cozy establishment with an enchanting view of the Charles Bridge. The rooms are smaller but comfortable, each floor has an extra seating are with a coffee machine, where you can relax after your previous sightseeing. The hotel itself is a building from the 16 century and, as far as I am concerned, you just feel the history within its walls. Step out and go up Nerudova Street to visit magnificent Prague Castle, turn left, walk over the Charles Bridge and wander round the narrow alleys of the Old Town. I can greatly recommend.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

We spent 4 nights in this lovely hotel and really enjoyed our stay. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the hotel full of interesting and historical features, and the rooms spotlessly clean. The location at the foot of the Charles Bridge is fantastic. The Charles Bridge was my single favourite part of the whole city and our room had a view of it! The breakfasts were great with lots of stuff to choose from -cereal, fruit, salad, cake, sausages, bacon, eggs etc. and there was even a small bottle of bubbly waiting for us in our room. All in all, this hotel is great value for money and I heartedly recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in the charming city of Prague.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Denderleeuw, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

During my first visit to Prague shortly before the Velvet Revolution in 1989 I immediately felt in love with this magic city, for me truely the most beautiful urban settlement on earth! Imagine your 'nest' at foot of one of its most significant sights, the Charles Bridge. As a yougster in 1989 I only could afford a visit to the local restaurant that already impressed me with its renaissance ceilings and its very gentle service and good Czech(oslovakian) dishes. But since the day I could afford it, U Tri Pstrosu has been my favorite choice for hotels in Prague. It's not only for its history, its setting and its immuculate rooms (go for one with historical ceilings!) but also in particular for its staff that all go out of their way to make your individual trip a special one - my biggest hugs go to Romana from the reception, I simply love you ;-) Small thing though, the restaurant does not belong directly to the hotel anymore. While its selection and quality of Czech dishes and wines is still very good, dear manager forgive me, but my wife's and mine hearts cry out for putting the kulajda soup back on the menue. In a nutshell, cannot wait to stay at the Three Ostriches again (which will luckily be the case already in a four-month time) and maybe it will become simply perfect with that kulajda as mint leaf on top the whipped cream on the cherry ;-)))

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

Of course, there are hotels in Prague far "better" than U Tri Pstrosu. Then, why I rate it 5 stars? I have been staying at U Tri Pstrosu since I went to Prague for the first time in 1961, and I have been in Prague at least 25 times in my lifetime. I was living in East Berlin and was 17 years old the first time I stayed in this hotel and was 70 the last time. In the 60s I was escaping the drabness of post-war Berlin into the gaiety and student life of Budapest and Berlin, but Prague has always been, and still is, my favorite city. Few cities in the world, if any other one, makes you feel history as much as Prague does, and few hotels immerse you in its history as Tri Pstrosu does. For almost three decades I strolled the cobblestones of the city in the absence of tourists. My favorite time was to spend in magnificent isolation a sunny afternoon or a gloomy sunset contemplating the statues that frame the Charles Bridge over the gentle flow of the Vltava and the Hradcany in the far elevation. In January 1990 I was in Wenceslau Square celebrating the life and heroism of Jan Palach, listening to Havel. I was surrounded by people from all over the world. I then realized that the melancholic isolation of my Prague had ended. I currently hate the hordes that in varied degrees of crassness and alcohol saturation trample the streets of Prague and the proliferation of fast food places. U Tri Pstrosu returns my old Praha to me. I love its minuscule reception, the elaborate setting of its restaurant, the steep winding stair and their, yes, minuscule rooms. I always try to get a room with a view of the bridge and at night contemplate the lights shimmering on the cobblestones and pulling out the shrouds of darkness from the statues. Then, at 2 or 3 AM I descend to the bridge and in total isolation walk back and forth the length of the bridge, transporting myself to the times in which Mozart or Brahe walked across the bridge from the Klementinum to the Mala Strana. Then I have a most serene sleep. Ages ago, the restaurant at U Tri Pstrosu offered horrendous meals, today has the best braised duck one can hope for, as well as an excellent menu in general. You want a "better" hotel? Yup! You have Ibises and Holiday Inns, but you have more history than they do. No matter what, U Tri Pstrosu is my kind of historical lodging that still allows you to place yourself in the middle ages for real, not in a Disney-esque way.

Room Tip: Just enjoy its history.