The location of the hotel and the overall service were so good that I wish the rooms and the breakfast that was included in the room price had been a bit better.
I traveled with two teenagers and we had a room for 3 persons on the courtyard side of the hotel. It was very quiet for most of the time we were there, but one morning one of our neighbors woke up at 6 am and decided to turn on the TV and that's when I realized that the walls in-between the rooms were pretty thin. It was as if the TV was on in our own room. Fortunately that only happened once. Two of the beds in our room were comfortable, although a bit too soft, but one was made out of a sofa and was really hard (it also felt hard when you were just sitting on it). Since we booked a three-person room, I would have thought the third bed to be a bit better. That being said, the information provided in advance mentioned that it might be a sofa-bed. The wall-to-wall carpeting in the room was comfortable to walk on, but made the room feel stuffy. The safe deposit box was really tiny.
The breakfast offered enough of variety, but some of the vegetables and fruit that were offered were either too raw or too ripe/partially spoiled, so we had to be careful on what to select. The fruit juices were the sugar & water type that hotels often offer.
The free wifi functioned well in the rooms, the hotel was clean and the staff members very helpful, and the location next to Old Town and the shopping mall Palladium was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First references to this hotel come from the year 1307. The BW Meteor Plaza is situated directly in the center of Prague next to The Palace Hibernia, Powder Gate and The Municipal House. You can reach Wenceslas Square, The Old Town Square or other places of interest on foot within minutes. All 73 air-conditioned spacious standard rooms are very well furnished with all amenities including shower and/or bath, WC, hair dryer, satellite, wireless high-speed internet access free of charge, IDD telephone, personal safe, coffee/tea maker and mini-bar. There are 5 suites and 10 triple rooms in BW Hotel Meteor Plaza, which express an ambience of largesse, comfort and functionality. Except standard room equipment you will find cosy sitting area with reading lamp, trouser press. Some of the rooms have a hydro maser bath or combination of the bath and a shower bath. Some of our apartments have a special wide screen television. The triple rooms have three separate beds or double bed with sofa bed.Room service is available during limited hours. Are you a keen musician? Especially for you we have the room with a piano.The BEST WESTERN Meteor Plaza is truly in the heart of Prague - everything you'll want to do - business, leisure, vacation activities - it's all at our door step. Because of our central location you can be almost anywhere in the city in just a few moments. Prague's famous attractions such as The Palace Hybernia, the famous Powder Gate and fabulous art nouveau pearl: Municipal House are just 2minutes walk away. You can reach Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square, the legendary Royal Road and other places of interest on foot within a few minutes. You can get easily to the hotel by your own car. Of course you have the possibility of parking in the hotel garage.Our shiny restaurant with terrace is situated on the first floor of the hotel and is open every day for breakfast. Rich buffet breakfast is served from 7AM till 10AM.The ground floor of the hotel has a trendy bar, cosy restaurant and terrace where guests may enjoy a drink in the summer months.Dinners are served in a romantic wine cellar, which answered its purpose already back in 14th century.For those who seek the more solitary rewards of an invigorating workout, the Hotel offers a whirpool and Sauna. Per person per hour, private use, is charged fee 10 EUR.We are focused to provide the independent traveler with maximum comfort by providing the following services:■We can arrange a wide range of events, such as parties, banquets, conferences and more. Our Gothic Wine Restaurant is ideal for encounters of up to 40 persons. Equipment of new communication and interpretation systems is possible on request.■Garage parking directly in the house is available for hotel guest on premises.■Telefax service at the reception desk.■Wireless high-speed internet access in public area free of charge.■Meeting room for 10 people with PC and internet connection.■E-mail delivery for hotel guests.■Excursions.■Tickets to opera, theatre and shows.■Flight confirmations.■Photocopy.■Dinners are served in a romantic wine cellar, which answered its purpose already back in 14th century.■Pets allowed. ■Baby cot on request free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Meteor Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Meteor Plaza
- Best Western Prague
- Prague Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Prague