“Comfortable, excellent location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Bohemia

You added Grand Hotel Bohemia to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Bohemia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kralodvorska 4, Stare Mesto | Stare Mesto, Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Announcement
Get 5% discount
Ranked #56 of 662 Hotels in Prague
“Comfortable, excellent location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

A very comfortable and conveniently located hotel for nearly all the sights in Prague. They are quite a friendly bunch, who try and take care of your every need. We made use of the hotel taxi quite a bit, which was great and saved arguing with the locals.
The food at breakfast was generally good, especially if you order fresh from he menu. We also ate in the Ballroom during the Mozart concert, which was nicely presented if a bit boring for vegetarians.
The bar area was pleasant enough, but became very stuffy quite quickly when smokers arrived. However we solved this by moving to the airy lobby area to Finnish our drinks.
If you're looking for a comfortable base with a good start to the day,from which to explore the City of Prague, you need look no further.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Simon,

thank you very much for your nice review about our Grand Hotel Bohemia. We are glad that you enjoyed our Mozart dinner in ballroom Boccaccio and as per your suggestion, we will try to improve our offer for vegetarians also.

We hope we will see you again in our hotel and with best regards from Prague

Grand Hotel Bohemia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed in the Grand Bohemia for just one night but wish it had been longer. We had a room upgrade but I imagine even the basic ones are still very good. it came with all the things you could ever wish for - including complimentary mineral water and fruit. The bathroom had robes and slippers plus toiletries, hairdryer and soft towels.The bed was SO comfortable and very big. There was plenty of storage space for clothes etc. we also had air-con which is very useful as I can imagine it gets very warm in the summer. We were there in March and slept with the window open.

The hotel itself is located very centrally.and a short walk from all the shops and restaurants. There is a metro station nearby. The hotel staff were very warm and friendly. The breakfast was out of this world - so much choice from continental to eggs, bacon, sausages, fruit, cereals etc
and as its buffet style you can eat as much as you like.

I would definitely come back to this hotel if I was in Prague again.

Room Tip: 505 was our room and was great.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Ademitch,

let me thank you for your nice review about your experience with our Grand Hotel Bohemia. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and was happy about our services. We hope this wasn't your last visit in our hotel and we will see you again soon.

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

An amazing find, not cheap but equally for what it provides not expensive. Superb location and amazing rooms, fresh fruit in room on arrival. Staff are excellent, interested and keen to serve and advise. After a week in Czech republic this was a brilliant break compared to the previous weeks hotels. No hesitation in recommending this. Ask to see the ballroom, you will be amazed.

Room Tip: All rooms have view over city, not noisy anywhere and we had a good look.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Iwona,

it¨s very nice to see, that you were happy with our hotel and service we are providing. As you are amazed by our ballroom Boccaccio, I hope you will have a chance to come again and be a guest of our Mozart dinner with live music performance from three Mozart operas accompanied by meal inspired by 18th century receipts!

With warm regards from Prague,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel and it was great. The staff were very kind and friendly, the breakfast had great variety of cereals, cheeses, meats and you can order the eggs to your liking or choose from the buffet. The rooms are comfortable and very clean, the king size bed was wonderfully comfortable. During our stay was my birthday, after our morning walk we went back to the hotel to drop off some shopping and I found a bottle on champagne in ice with strawberries waiting for us with a lovely birthday card, very touching, very special.
If I could change something it would be the water pressure for the shower head and the hair dryer for a more powerful, better quality one, but this just me being picky and it wouldn't stop me coming back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nena,

let me thank you for your words and we are happy that you were so satisfied with our services. It is very nice that you choosed our hotel for your birthday stay and we will be glad if you will come again, so we will have chance to fulfill all of your wishes.

Best regards from sunny Prague

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was sold on this hotel before I left my country. To get a visa to the Czech republic from my country I had to get a confirmation directly from the hotel and the electronic reservation I had wasn't enough. Maybe I haven't had much experience with good service, but to me, since the hotel sent me the required confirmation within a couple of hours since i sent my email to them, I was very satisfied with them from that point on (I had expected to get a reply within more than 24 hours, which is the case with many places I've dealt with).

Besides that, the location was perfect. Everywhere we went to was within walking distance, except for the airport which wasn't too far either. I for one enjoyed the breakfast selection, it was all I could ask for. The room was pretty comfortable albeit a bit too small for my tastes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ahmad,

we are very happy with your reaction to our services even before your arrival to our hotel. It is very nice you find Prague interesting and we are looking forward to see you again.

Drammen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Bohemia for a long weekend in March 2014. We had a wonderful time there. We had booked airport transport and sparkling wine for our arrival. The hotel even got us a picture of our dream dog framed in our room when we arrived. The service is perfect. The location is very good with short walking distances to the old town square. We are very pleased with our stay and can recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Anettenj,

your comment make us very proud of our services and we are very happy we were able to fulfill all of your expectations and dreams about vacation in Prague. We will be happy to see you again and I am pretty sure, the picture of your dream dog will be in your room again :)

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I traveled to Prague for business this week. The hotel advertised as having wifi and being non-smoking. When I checked in I noticed that it smelled like smoke inside, when I inquired I was told that the rooms were non-smoking but that the restaurant allowed smoking. My room was on the second floor and I woke up after the first night with a massive headache and an asthma attack. I tried to call the front desk but the phone in the room didn't work. I tried to log onto the internet to find a legitimate non-smoking hotel but the wifi wouldn't ever resolve. At the end of my meetings for the day, I returned to the hotel and immediately had troubles with the air quality so I checked out a day early and checked in to the Prague Sheraton. They charged me for the second night regardless even after I explained that I couldn't breathe due to the smokiness in the hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel if you want a non-smoking environment or wifi access.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 210, 212, 208 range were close to the cleaning closet and the doors slammed all night l...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hotel Bohemia? Share your experiences!