“Wonderful Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Bohemia

Save Saved
You added Grand Hotel Bohemia to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Bohemia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kralodvorska 4, Stare Mesto | Stare Mesto, Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Ranked #55 of 668 hotels in Prague
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Grand Hotel Bohemia. We were welcomed at the train station by the hotel's car service at midnight. A fruit tray awaited our arrival in our room. The room was lovely, large, with 15 ft ceilings, lots of light, perfect bedding, fabulous bathroom, robes, slippers, hair dryer, lots of hot water and water pressure, friendly staff and awesome breakfast. The location was perfect! We used the hotel's private guide for a guided tour. She was interesting and informative. We covered lots of ground with her and she made excellent restaurant suggestions. We ended our trip by using the hotel's car service to the airport and they bid us farewell with a breakfast to go. I highly recommend this hotel! I couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear traveler,

thank you so much for your review. I hope that also the rest of your trip was at least as good as your stay with us!

With warm - and I mean really warm, because it's over 30 degrees in Prague now :-) - regards

Jan

779 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Canton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I just arrived and find the Grand Bohemian a wonderful and refreshing surprise. First the location is awesome. Next, the food and shopping is very good and close. Finally, great access to trains and sight seeing.

Stayed June 2013
Dear Sir,

the location indeed is one of our huge credits we can offer to our guests. Pretty much all the important sights are at your fingertips, the metro station is just around the corner. Furthermore, the area is very quiet without many traffic.

Except of that, we offer comfortable rooms with a modern and stylish fittings and a top-class service which we constantly improve, also based on our guests' reviews and comments.

Thank you so much for such a nice review. Hope to see you again in the Golden Prague!

Ivanic Grad, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Really nice hotel located in a historical building in the heart of the old town quarter of Prague. The staff was very helpful and free wifi is also a huge plus! Rooms are rather 4 star than 5. I will for sure come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pozdrav u Hrvatsku!

Thank you so much for your words here on Tripadvisor.com. I am really glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay at the Grand Hotel Bohemia.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Prague!

Warm regards from Prague

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is in the old town and very close to everything, although in Prague you can walk everywhere. We found the experience to be most acceptable for the price. The lobby is a nice place to sit with fresh flowers and lots of light as well as large windows to watch the passers by. The breakfast was quite good with extra menu choices. My soft boiled eggs were perfect although the french toast was a little too sweet. The bottle of sparkling wine on the buffet is a nice touch. We were here for six nights and they gave us a room that was fitted for persons with disabilities, which we thought was rather curious. Nevertheless the bathroom was functional. There was no bath and only one sink but we did not find it uncomfortable. The room (204) was clean, if not rather plain and the windows could be opened. The air conditioning was efficient and there was plenty of room for us to unpack. The staff were quite competent, although the repacement of bathroom items was erratic. On the whole it was an easy place to stay.

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read your words about your stay at the Grand Hotel Bohemia. I am very glad that we could contribute to make your trip to Prague successful and pleasant.

The months of May and June are almost the busiest months of the year and therefore the occupancy reaches 100% quite often. In such cases we need to allocate all rooms we have available. Room #204 is actually the only one we have which has no bath tub, but I am certain that except of that, it offers as much comfort as any other Superior room.

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel. I hope we will get a chance of welcoming you again in the future.

With kind regards from Prague

E-Commerce Coordinator
Thessaloníki, Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I strongly reccomend to choose this hotel if you visit Prague.The location couldn't be better and it is easy to find it if you don't want to pay for taxi.The breakfast is very good and you can even have capuccino,hot chocolate,espresso without extra charge.The rooms are cleany and spasy.

Καλή ημέρα Μαρία,

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am happy that you were happy and that is what our business is all about :-)

Warm regards to Greece, I hope you liked Prague and we possibly get to welcome you again at the Grand Hotel Bohemia. You know, Prague can be quite addictive :-)

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect, for all the local attractions and the shopping centres. The hotel staff are very helpful, reception staff go out of their way to help customers. We were very impressed with our room, it was spotlessly clean and a very decent size. The breakfast was good, plenty of variety of foods and hot coffee or tea. This is a beautiful city and our hotel stay made it even better, only one fault.. unless you book dinner on the Mozart night, then you do not get to see the inside of the ball room... which is beautiful! Apart from that.. this was a brilliant stay for my husbands 50th birthday, and the free champagne and strawberries were a lovely touch.

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review! I am very glad that you liked Prague and that we were part of your positive experience. Prague is a perfect place to celebrate such occassion as your husband's birthday.

I would also like to point out that our staff would surely have been happy to show you around our beautiful Boccaccio ballroom even without attending the Mozart Dinner. Any time when there is no ongoing event in the ballroom, everyone is most welcome to come and see it. But on the other hand, it would be a pitty to miss such beautiful experience as the "Mozart Dinner" is :-) Our Chef's perfect menu selection, combined with the beauty of the neo-baroque hall and amazing singers.

I do hope you had a chance to see the ballroom and in case you did not, it is indeed a reason to come back :-)

Once again, thank you very much and nice regards to Norwich!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location within walking distance to Old Town Square and many other spectacular Prague sites. The rooms are nice but rather standard for a "5 star" hotel, especially for the price paid. The front desk staff was not very helpful and even rude at times; the hotel offers no concierge type services. Did not live up to expectations.

JanVon, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking your time and posting the review of your stay in our hotel. I'm so sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay and our services. I am particularly surprised when you say that someone of my reception team was even rude at times. Especially when you go throughl the reviews posted here, you can find a lot of excellent assessments. I can assure you that I take your complaint very seriously and I would be glad if you provided me with more information directly to my email address.
I would like to emphasize that our concierge service is available at the Front desk and we offer to our guests full range of concierge services as selection of sightseeing tours, tickets for concerts, theathers, museums and exhibitions, shopping reccomendations, restaurant reservations, arrangement of beauty treetments, transportations and other services.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us one more opportunity to show you the real quality of our services during your next visit in Prague! Please feel free to contact me for your future reservation.

Jan Vonsovsky
Front Office Manager
reception@grandhotelbohemia.cz

Been to Grand Hotel Bohemia? Share your experiences!