“Beyond any other Hilton in my experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Prague Old Town

You added Hilton Prague Old Town to your Saves list
Hilton Prague Old Town
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   V Celnici 2079/7 | Nove Mesto, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 30%
Ranked #88 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Purchase, New York
“Beyond any other Hilton in my experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I will try not to be redundant relative to the other recent reviews. I am also a Hilton Gold member and the hotel upgraded me to the ninth floor and gave access to the Executive Lounge. We had booked a junior suite (about $300 US before tax) and the room they gave us had a small foyer, a dressing area with minibar, a living room and a perfectly sized bedroom. The shower bath was excellent and the toilet and bidet were behind a door for some privacy. Water pressure was good and hotel amenities (Peter Thomas Roth-the full line) were generously replenished. The bath sheets are worthy of the Four Seasons.Robes and nice slippers completed the ensemble.
The breakfast in the Executive Lounge includes the usual pastries, cereal, fruit, cold meats, cheeses and smoked salmon, but adds creamy delicious scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bacon and sausage for a complete meal. The whole grain bread is outstanding.
If you have had a big lunch, you could skip dinner and make a repast out of the panini bites and other appetizers offered at cocktail hour.
We had a very good meal in the hotel's restaurant Zinc. The highlights were an asparagus salad with slow-poached egg, sugar cane shrimp, and a trio of lamb. The tiramisu and panna cotta are out of this world. The Piper Heideseck rose by the glass was delicious.
No surprises on the bill at checkout.
The staff are superbly trained professionals, and the level of service is on par with the Ritz or Four Seasons. In terms of Hilton, it is more like a Conrad then a US Hilton. One of them said that they were like a family. If so, the parents did a great job.
The only cons for us were the relatively small pool, with limited seating, and the attachment of the minibar door to the closet door, which seemed awkward.
The hotel is a calming respite from the tourist hustle bustle of Old Town.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: It is really worth booking at the Executive Level to get access to the lounge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your very nice and extensive feedback with fellow travelers. .

It was a pleasure to read that you liked the comfort of our hotel facilities, food and beverages offer, but especially the service provided by our team across the hotel. Words such as yours are great motivator for all of us and I will proudly share your review with the rest of the team.
We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, ensuring you spend yet another fully enjoyable time.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The Hilton is one of the best hotels to stop at especially where it is situated. Very luxurious and clean, the breakfast was amazing such a wide variety of choice and the service was impeccable. The room was spacious and clean with a great view of the Main Street where people and tourists were bustling around about there business.
The hotel is situated only 5-8 minute walk from the Old Town Square and the many choices of restaurants and bars to eat and drink. Also another 5 minute walk you come to Charles Bridge and then over to Malastrana and follow on up to Prague Castle.

The Old Town Square for food and beer can be expensive so try to venture out a little for cheaper prices but still the same quality.

I highly recommend The Hilton " Old Prague " for your stay in prague for quality and location.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your praising words and recommendation for other fellow travelers, and giving us the chance to read about your experience.

It was a pleasure to see that you liked our location and comfort of our guestrooms and our breakfast offer and quality.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

(Point of view as a Hilton Honors gold member)

Beautiful city enhanced by two amazing stays at this hotel. Courteous, attractive, and polite staff that are all about ensuring you never want to stay anywhere else in Prague and sets a high bar for the rest of the hotels in the world.

Very clean, well appointed rooms in the executive floor, excellent executive lounge service both breakfast and cocktail hour 6pm after every day.

Can't emphasize enough the excellent service due to the staff here. I love the executive lounge breakfast, but the Sri Lankan chef downstairs makes eggs the way you want them and even brings them to you if you're done getting your food, so you can't go wrong at either breakfast locations. He is ultra friendly and strikes conversation with guests.

Bartender is great at the downstairs bar.. Knew about his spirits and really took care of my colleagues and me. Try the Bechrova(sp.) which is a local spirit that he stores in the freezer. It is great after dinner and has this interesting nutmeg flavor that reminds me of carrot cake!

Concierge is helpful and patient.

Everyone speaks English well and greets you without fail but not in a way that feels forced or unnatural. Such a great people.

The gym is basic and good enough for most people but for my heavy barbell work I had to go across the street to World Class health academy at 500kr a single entrance. Can't expect Hilton to have that great of a gym but wish they just did away with the two random crappy cybex machines and replaced with a freestanding cage + barbell and 400 pounds of weights. I could say that about any hotel gym though.

Can't wait to take my wife to Prague and stay at Hilton Prague Old Town.

• Stayed July 2013
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your very kind comments of the Hilton Prague Old Town Hotel.

I am certainly very happy to learn you were completely satisfied with our facility and in particular with the politeness, friendliness and helpfulness of our team members across the hotel. I look very much forward to share your words with all my colleagues, but especially with our “egg master” Dhillon from Sri Lanka. We appreciate you remembering his name and mentioning him in particular. We all are very proud to be considered by your goodself “Quite possibly the best hotel I have experienced in about 8 years of traveling”.

Should the road bring you to Prague again, we will be happy to have you staying with us.

Warm regards,

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel exceeded our expectations. The service, especially the people in the executive lounge, went above and beyond. They kept bringing us drinks and made sure that we were satisfied. The only problem was that we had an early flight the day we were leaving. They said they open at 6:30 which is when we got there. They weren't open so we called downstairs and someone came. When we got to the hotel, a tour group was checking in but they had enough people at the front desk so the wait was short. Big bathrooms which are important to me.

The location is the best. Walking distance to almost all sites and restaurants including Old Town Square.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the nice review that you posted on this travellers’ platform.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed our central location and also our hotel facilities. We appreciate your comments on service received at the Executive lounge and Front desk. We are glad that your experience was satisfactory, even with a slight delay with the opening of the Executive lounge for which we most humbly apologise.

Whenever you decide to return back to Prague, we will look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Prague Old Town.

Warm regards,

St. John's, NL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Prague was the start of a 3 city visit to Europe. I went on the advice of a friend and was a little unsure (she will just as soon do hostiles or even better yet camping and I am the princess of the group of friends). She thought we would love the architecture and ambience of the city. A few days before the trip, we received an email from the concierge team offering the hotel taxi service, which was helpful and very much appreciated in light of the poor reputation of the Prague taxis. I was about to book a service through a taxi service I have used in Europe previously.

The location is perfect as you are within within walking distance of most of the major attractions of one of Europe's most beautiful cities (the beauty of old town Prague was a pleasant surprise), yet situated on a quiet street. A 20-25 minute walk takes you by the powder tower, Republicky Square, the astronomical clock, and over the Charles into the castle district. For the shopaholics among you, a major shopping center is a 3-5 minute walk from the hotel. Sorry can't tell much about the stores as I'm a photobug more than a shopper. There was a second major shopping area about 10 minutes walk as well as lots of shops throughout the area.

Now about the service and in particular the executive lounge staff. I am a Hilton Gold member with Hilton often being hotels of my choice for special occasions or in areas I don't know much about (I also use rentals). Adrianna and her team in the lounge have customer service down to a science (sorry I'm a scientist) and I believe they represent the best of their industry. Adrianna herself is worth so much to the Hilton chain, I do hope she is appreciated and as a manager (~25 years in management) she was the type of employee I searched for and rarely found.

Don't get me wrong most of the team at the Hilton were some of the best I have ever encountered in the hospitality industry. Kudos to the management of this Hilton hotel for putting together an excellent team. My impression was positive from the start with the young taxi driver (who practised his limited english but provided an enthusiastic introduction to Prague), the room service staff (who always had a smile and pleasant greeting for us), the executive lounge staff (already gushed about) and the helpful front desk and downstairs concierge staff. The only staff who did not reach the above standard (and yes the bar was set very high) was the restaurant and bar staff. Don't get me wrong they were not terrible but in light of the other service staff, they did not stand out.

The one negative was the bed had an extremely hard mattress and I had the bruises to prove it. A softer mattress topper would be beneficial.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are well worth the additional cost, the executive lounge is a definite bonus.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your kind and detailed feedback with fellow travelers. .

It was a pleasure to read that you liked our location and service provided by our team across the hotel. We appreciate you highlighting the pre-arrival care received from our concierge, and mentioning our Executive lounge team member Adriana. I will proudly share your words with the rest of the team and in particular with Adriana and members of the departments highlighted by your goodself. We are grateful for your review, which will serve to all of us as a great motivator.

On the other hand I very much regret to note you were not satisfied with the comfort of our bed. In general we receive positive feedback on comfort of our beds from our guests.

São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Could not be better located. Walking distance to almost all major attraction and yet situated in a very calm and quiet street. Services could be better. My wife and I came with a group but had reservations to stay two extra days. This was well explained at reception that confirmed all dates. However, the day the group left our room was not made (we had to wait in the lobby for one hour while they clened the room) and our Keys did not work. Both on the day the group left and the day I was supposed to leave, altough check out is at noo, at 8:00am the maid knocked on the door and one time opened it to see if we had left. Wi-Fi internet is free in the lobby but paid in the rooms and is very expensive. I really cannot understand this. Rooms do not have black-out curtains so, in the mornings the rooms will never be really dark

Room Tip: There is no great view from the hotel by rooms facing the back are very close to na office building...
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying in Hilton Prague Old Town and sharing your feedback with us.

I am happy to learn that our facilities overall met your expectations and you took advantage of our central location. Let me assure you that the mishap you experience with regards to your continuous reservation was an unfortunate error, which I sincerely apologize for. On daily basis we have number of guests with such reservations and we handle these cases without any discomfort to our guests. I do hope that you will look at this misunderstanding as a coincidence rather than our usual standard.

Due to our central location, we have the advantage of having some of our rooms facing the street as well as a courtyard between the hotel’s building and the buildings next door. I can assure you that both view type rooms are popular with our guests and actually I must share with you that the courtyard view rooms are more preferred as they are quieter.
As for your mention of blackout curtains, I wish to confirm that we do have these curtains in all of our rooms. I invite you to contact me directly on miroslav.pijak@hilton.com if you would like to share with me your room number so I could check the particular room you stayed in and rectify your comment.

In closing, I would like to once again thank you for taking the time and comment about our property, we appreciate your constructive input. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, ensuring you have the most enjoyable stay.

Kind regards,

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My usual taste in hotels, when traveling, are boutique-style places. I prefer to avoid homogenized chains. Why stay at some sanitized commercial hotel that is no different than hundreds of others just like it back home when I get a real feel for the culture of the place I'm visiting? Still, I had Hilton Honors points built up on my American Express card, so I figured it was time to use them.

My stay at the Hilton turned out to be one of the highlights of my trip. With Adrianna acting as my personal concierge, I was able to make the most of a visit that otherwise (if I were left to my own devices) might have been a bust. It rained during my three days there, but Adrianna made it seem almost like she could, on request, make the sun shine through. Whether it was food, drinks, reservations, currency exchange, or even an unanticipated anniversary gift for my wife, Adrianna was there to make sure we got what we wanted and needed. She is clearly an unconventional thinker; her solutions were very "outside the box" and frequently made me smile. No request was too small. Her sincerity was heartfelt.

If Adrianna lived in the United States I would honestly try to hire her away in a second. I don't know what the Hilton pays her, but I can safely say it isn't enough. It couldn't possibly be. She is an asset to the Hilton chain, giving both Hilton and American Express a great deal to brag about. This was more than just excellent customer service. This is the type of customer service that restores your faith in how the entire hotel system is supposed to work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your very nice feedback with fellow travelers, and giving us the chance to read about your experience.

With pleasure I noted that we exceeded your expectations although in general you prefer different style of hotels. I am also very pleased to learn you were satisfied our ‘superstar’ Adriana’s assistance.

I am looking forward to sharing your feedback with all of my colleagues.