“Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Prague Old Town

Save Saved
You added Hilton Prague Old Town to your Saves list
Hilton Prague Old Town
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   V Celnici 7 | Nove Mesto, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale From CZK 2311
Ranked #69 of 668 hotels in Prague
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Coveniently located. Supermarket just short walk opposite hotel. Easy stroll to main shopping area. Located just at the brink of old town area.

Room is a little small especially after adding an extra bed. Twin beds are the standard 3.5 feet.

• Stayed December 2012
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town for your vacation in the Czech Republic, and taking time to share your comments with us.

I am happy to read that you had a nice stay with us and you liked our convenient location in the city center.

The Team of the Hilton Prague Old Town look forward to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

1,335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We booked the Hilton Old Town for a weekend getaway to Prague to take in some Christmas atmosphere and hopefully see some snow. Happily the Hilton was available for a reasonable rate.

The hotel is 5-10 minute walk from both Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square, which is very convenient, even if not quite perfect. It is also about 10 minutes from the train station, and the tram stop is just a short walk away.

Check in was quick and staff throughout our stay was very helpful and professional, especially the concierge. Our room, while not too big, was clean and well equipped, with good lighting and a nice view to the quiet street below. Bed was very comfy and the bathroom was perfect with bathrobes and slippers for all of us. Breakfast was surely one of the best I've had in a European hotel.

It was disappointing to learn that there are still hotels out there where the business strategy includes outrageously overcharging for internet (24 Euros/day) and phone calls (over 2 Euros/minute(!) to Czech mobile numbers, fixed lines are about 40 cents/minute). Free internet in public areas is nice, and it worked well, but it's hardly the same thing and not good enough.

With the above being the only exception, the Hilton is an excellent choice at the center of Prague and we can definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for your stay and nice review about our hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our bedroom facilities exceeded your expectations, and that you found our breakfast quality and selection one of the best in Europe and the Front Desk and Concierge team helpful and Professional. Regarding the Internet, I have to confirm that as of January 2012 we provide complimentary Wi-Fi not only in our lobby (as well as two workstations), but also restaurant, bar, health club, as alternatives to the paid service in bedrooms. I would like to assure you, that our telephone and Internet prices are fully inline with the prices of these service in other Prague hotels of the same category.

I would like to thank you once again for such a nice review and I look forward to welcoming you back in our property in the near future.

Warm greetings and all the best for 2013 from the team at Hilton Prague Old Town,

Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Prague Old Town from Dec 28 - 30 2012. We booked the hotel through Hotwire for $96/night, and at that rate I couldn't fairly say a bad word about it. For less than $100 per night this hotel was fabulous. Had I paid full price I may have a few quibbles, but overall it was a great stay. The only reason I give it a 4/5 here is because it's advertised as a 5-star hotel. Perhaps it's 5-star in the Czech Republic, but by American standards I'd call it a good 4-star.

We arrived well early of checkin (about 10 am). The staff at the front desk were welcoming and all spoke English fluently as you'd expect from an international hotel chain such as Hilton. They were able to get us a room straight away and we were fortunate enough to be placed in an Executive Club corner room including access to the lounge.

As I said, we had a corner room. It was very spacious, including a very comfortable king bed, sofa, and a lounge chair. As you'd expect, there was a safe and a mini bar as well. Lounge access was a welcome surprise and included a full breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries, coffee etc.) in the morning and snacks and a full serve-yourself bar in the evening. Everyone who worked in the lounge was extremely friendly and willing to do just about anything to make the stay more pleasant. I got the impression from the few people I spoke to at the front desk that they were similarly accommodating.

The hotel was nicely located - not quite centrally - but just at the end of the Old Town area. There is a metro directly below the hotel and good tram connections out front. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to the main tourist areas, and there are quick connections to most of the city from right out front. The airport shuttle also stops directly in front of the hotel.

I was very hotel with this hotel overall, but have a few things that could be improved on. First, the bathroom design was a bit odd. The toilet was sort of jammed into the corner at the end of the tub and was in an extremely narrow space. The only other issue with the room I had was that it didn't have full blackout curtains, but as it wasn't really sunny any morning we were there that wasn't much of a problem. Also, on our last morning at 8 am - while we were still in bed - a woman from housekeeping tried to enter the room without knocking or announcing herself at all. She unlocked the door, opened it until it was stopped by the safety lock, and then promptly shut it. I'm not sure what she was doing as she didn't have a cart or anything in the hall when I went to look. Finally, I realize smoking indoors is still widely acceptable in the Czech Republic, but being a large chain such as Hilton, I'd love to see the entire lobby be a non-smoking area. Our room and floor were non-smoking and didn't smell of smoke at all, but it's a bit unpleasant to come into a smokey lobby off the street (making the elevators smell like smoke too).

All in all, this was a great stay for us and was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,
Let me thank you for staying at Hilton Prague Old Town and sharing your nice comments with us. It was very pleasant to read that, you were satisfied with the hotel and its location and facilities. I will be also very proud to share with the Front Office and Executive Lounge Team your comments about provided service. At the same time, I would like to apologize for the disturbance caused by our housekeeping and I would like to ensure you, that your feedback was followed up in order to prevent similar issues in the future.

We wish you great 2013 and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards from the golden city of Prague,

slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

spacious room, comfortable beds, nice clean bathroom, with superb location, walking distance to most points of interest. we stayed there around Christmas time and the decoration was wonderful.
they must have a very careful security service - the security guard found the door on our room open in the night while we were sleeping so they locked the room and they left a polite note. i truly appreciate that!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your nice review about the Hilton Prague Old Town Hotel.

I was very happy to read, that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you did like our facilities and the service provided by our Security Team and the Hotel our central location.

I will certainly share your feedback with the rest of our team and I look forward to welcome you back in our property in the future.

I wish you all the best for 2013 and stay with kindest regards,

bury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The hotel offers a warm welcome the moment you enter through its revolving doors, the staff greet you with friendly charm and ensure that all it well even before you have registered. Though it was the two days before Christmas they couldn't do enough for you, first they checked that all was well in the room and then rechecked that we were happy with the arrangements scheduled for our Christmas gourmet meal. We cannot praise the staff enough for the attentiveness they showed towards us for the 4 nights we stayed there. The room was immaculate, with crisp white bedding and quite large considering it was just a standard room, but there again the hotel had been completely renovated since Hilton took it over, and they have done an excellent job in all of the public rooms. The Zinc Restaruant must also be highly recommended not only for the presentation but also for the excellence of the food provided everything we had was beyond our expectation, and we left knowing that if asked we would have given it 10 out of 10.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your stay in Prague, and for sharing with us your very kind comments. It was great to read, that you were satisfied with the comfort and cleanliness of our bedroom, with the food and service of our Zinc restaurant and friendliness and warm welcome from our Team.

We wish you successful 2013 and are very much looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards from the golden city of Prague,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We spent 3 days in Prague just before xmas and I chose the Old Town Hilton based on the Location and familiarity with the Hilton brand.
Everything was very good and we had no problems at all. The location is perfect...in easy reach of the old town...and walking is the best option so you can see the architecture first hand.
The service from all hotel staff was very friendly..and we had no issues with checkin, check out or breakfast service.
Our room was a King..which was fine....slight noise issues from a neighbouring building but nothing too intrusive....and the only minor complaint was the bathroom sink seemed to drain rather slowly...but that is hardly likely to ruin a holiday. We were very comfortable the whole stay.
I will highly recommend this hotel as it gave us no worries at all and allowed us to enjoy the beautiful city of Prague.

One aside. We had the breakfast buffet during our stay which was excellent. However we did wonder why there didn't seem to be much of a "Czech" feel to it...ie some local dishes. It seemed to be a standard Hilton fare breakfast buffet (which to me is always good). As a tourist I often enjoy trying the local food....maybe breakfast in Prague is standard Western. We had to go to the xmas markets to try some more Czech feeling food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for your stay and your nice review about our hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our facilities and location met your expectations, and that you found our Team helpful and friendly.
Please, allow me to clarify that our breakfast selection is according to Hilton Breakfast standards with addition of several local items like: roasted Prague Ham, Czech round pastry "Kolace", Hermelin cheese.

I wish you joyful and successful 2013 and look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

Warm greetings from the Team at Hilton Prague Old Town,

Front Office Manager

Been to Hilton Prague Old Town? Share your experiences!