“Quaint, Beautiful and Gracious Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Paris Prague

You added Hotel Paris Prague to your Saves list
Hotel Paris Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   U Obecniho domu 1, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Formerly Hotel Pariz) (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #46 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Minooka, IL
“Quaint, Beautiful and Gracious Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

A must to stay in if you go to Prague. This hotel has the look and feel of an elegant hotel from the past, but with all the modern conviences. The hotel staff is most helpful and efficient and go out of their way to make you feel comforable. the rooms are clean and very tastefully decorated. Breakfast is included, and is like a five course meal. All the food is fresh and tastefully prepared. The location is next to the Powder Gate and within two minutes of a modern shopping center and five minutes of the Old Town Square.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
paris077, Director of Sales at Hotel Paris Prague, responded to this review, September 19, 2010
Dear guest, thank you very much for your comments. I will make sure all our team reads this. It is the best motivation & appreciation. Please enjoy your autumn & we will be happy to welcome you or your friends in the future. Zuzana Vincíková

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

ONE OF THE BEST HOTELS IN PRAGUE!!

My husband and I are seasoned travelers.. Europe, Asia, South America ..so were absolutely delighted when we arrived at Hotel Paris and found it far exceeded our expectations based on Trip Advisor reviews and various web photos We had become a bit jaded because we did not always arrive at a hotel to what was described! But since traveling is our passion we have learned to "go with the flow" and just be grateful for the opportunity to experience new things This said Hotel Paris is just fantastic! Our eventual goal was a 7 day Danube River Cruise which had a 3 day stay at a different hotel in Prague. Based on Trip Advisor opinions we switched our 3 day stay to Hotel Paris. Prague was such a beautiful city we crossed our fingers and ended up after many emails with a wonderful Reservationist, Ms. Mlejnska, booking for 9 nights! What a lucky decision! From the friendly efficient welcome at Reception Check In to the careful hustle of the Bellman to the GORGEOUS Art Nouveau .. SPACIOUS Room #307 with delightful balcony (that we were fortunate enough that Ms. Mlejnska had reserved for our wedding anniversary trip) .. we just cannot say enough good things!

Where do I start? VERY comfortable beds! We are currently on that River Cruise .. AND we MISS those beds! They were wonderful! Incredibly clean bathrooms, CNN International News Channel, free internet in a gorgeous comfy seating area Lobby .. bring your own laptop or they have one for guest use. (Internet in guest room for a charge which we did not use since the Lobby was so pleasant.) The hallways are filled with beautiful original artwork and lovely antiques as lovely as anything I've every seen in an antique shop! The elevator door handles alone are such works of art that I had to take a photo of one ., PLUS the stairway is absolutely breathtaking .. my photos just will not do it justice! We peeked into a few of the rooms as they were being cleaned .. and each was lovely .. but it appeared to me that just 4 rooms on the 3rd floor had balconies. If you have a longer stay as we did and need a day of rest ..we loved having a balcony! We faced a building that was an absolute work of art! It was like facing a museum .. we loved sitting on our (tiny) balcony watching the people go by or reading! Our room was very quiet (I'm a light sleeper) except for an occasional noisy motorcycle .. probably due to the lovely double doors on both exterior and interior. Spacious storage and good safe using your own personal credit card for access.

Probably our only negative would be is if you are a reader as we are .. the bedside lights are too dim! They need to increase the wattage .. strains the eyes!

Now to the food! I must say the breakfast buffet is absolutely one of the top buffets we have ever experienced all over the world! The quality, variety and quantity was unbelievable! We were astonished! Constant replenishing right up to 10 a.m. with fresh food .. just delicious! The fruit was fantastic, the cheeses, French toast or omelets made to order, sautéed mushrooms, various meats .. just on and on! I really miss those wonderful breakfasts! Cruises are KNOWN for the food .. and this cruise that we are currently on is certainly excellent .. but truthfully it does not hold a candle to Hotel Paris .. sorry Chef on the Cruise! Hotel Paris was the best ever!

One thing I would note on the Buffet service .. I had the pleasure of chatting with the Breakfast Buffet Manager .. I regret that I did not write down her name or get her business card .. but very professional and forward thinking, I had the sense that with Upper Management full support she has the ability to turn the room around .. possibly with some firing of current poorly motivated staff and hiring new blood that appreciate her higher standards of customer service! The Front Desk has achieved it through the efforts of the Manager, Ms. Roubalova, with her Staff. I think the Breakfast Buffet Service Manager can do it with hers! She seemed very aware in our chat of the necessity of improving "customer service" at the morning buffet to meet world traveler's expectations. Friendly smiles, efficient service, prompt attention, happy attitudes .. just basically "We're glad you're here ..we know without you we would not have a paycheck!" This Manager seemed in tune with the fact that with today's economic situation .. to attract travelers from all over the world .. you must give world class service. The world is changing and we must all change with it!

p.s. The Hotel Paris is so gorgeous you may not want to leave the premises .. as we sat on the balcony there was a constant stream of people taking photos of the exterior! .. AND they had not even seen the interior! One huge regret I have is not taking a video of the lovely restaurant and interior spaces. Photos just don't do it justice .. aah .. perhaps the only solution is another trip to Prague one day?!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear guests, thank you very much for an excellente review. It is the best praise to read such a nice texts. We went carefuly through all details of your comments & we will make sure to discuss all specific moments to improve our services. Thank you again & this review made my day more beautiful. Zuzana Vincíková
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We arrived after a trip down the Danube that included stops in Vienna and Budapest. The hotel offered unique rooms with many nice touches. The staff were very helpful and pleasant at all times. The food was excellent and we ate too much!
Situated in the old city, near the Powder Tower, it was never the less very modern in style and service. If you enjoy shopping, it is across the street from a major new shopping centre and only minutes from the boutiques of the old town.

Recommended.

Stayed August 2010
Dear guest, thank you very much for your nice review & your stay with u. It is very pleasant to hear these words. I will absolutely send it over to all my colleagues & our employees. Thank you again & take care. Zuzana Vincíková
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Overall my wife and I enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel. The rooms were very spacious and the bed and bathroom good. The reception was very friendly and helpful with information. My only gripe I had was with the breakfast... I did not find that this was 5 star quality service... I was very abruptly told to ''sit please'' on arrival. I had to get my own coffee whilst others around me got served coffee... One the next day when I asked for coffee (as one of the waiters was passing with a pot) I got a huge sigh and a face. The staff seemed to preoccupied with their own childish gossip and games amongst each other rather than looking after the guests... It really left a disappointing mark on our stay. I ordered a omelette with everything except onions and ham and got an omelette with only onions and ham... The amount of adequate English spoken at the hotel was not adequate for a first class hotel with 5 star status...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you for your review & I´m pleased to hear that your overall impression from our hotel is good. I´m sorry for you that your have not enjoyed our breakfast as other guests do. We would like to appologize that the breakfast servis during your stay was not according to your wishes. We will do our best to improve it as much as we can. I´m sure you will be satisfied during your next visit in our hotel. Thank you very much for your stay again. Zuzana Vincíková
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Hotel Paris was great. Location was excellent, the breakfast was wonderful. The staff helpful.
Only peeve would be the big old keys used for the doors... but no big deal.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear guest, thank you very much for your stay with us & for your time to write a review for our hotel. All informations from you are ery important for us to improve our services. Key form rooms belong to Art Nouveau tradition & should help to make historical impression of the hotel. Take care, Zuzana Vincíková
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

When I was in Prague the last time in 1994 I saw Hotel Paris and it was always my dream to be there when I'm in Prague, now this dream has come true and I can recommend the hotel to all of my friends. The ambiente, the art nouveau style, the Café de Paris, the rooms - all have a very special style. I like Hotel Paris.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
paris077, Director of Sales at Hotel Paris Prague, responded to this review, September 6, 2010
Dear guest, thank you very much for your review. This is very nice to read & your comments make our work more reasonable & our motivation grows.. please enjoy your autumn. Zuzana Vincíková
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Service at the Hotel Paris was first class and the staff were always ready to help.
The room was particularly comfortable with plenty of room. It was very tastefully decorated, with the use of quality furnishings.
It is centrally located and within easy walking distance of everything,.
It is an old world style Art Nouveau building which has been beautifully restored and is well cared for.
The breakfast was supurb, offering a huge selection.
What I liked most about this hotel was it offered pure class at an affordable price. The perfect location to relax and unwind.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear guest, thank you for your nice words. I will make sure to pass them to all our employees to give them results of their work. I´m sure this is the best benefit & support to all of us. This shows that all our effort makes sense... thank you, take care. Zuzana Vincíková