Had a 2 night stay here and was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews on here concerning staff and service. On arrival our greeting by Reception was pleasant but certainly not over the top. We were given a nice room with river view and it was certainly clean and had everything we needed. The Housekeepers are actually the most friendly people in the hotel and alway's welcome you with a greeting and smile- This is something the Reception team could learn. We used the hotels room service and it was fast and of good quality. The Gym and Pool is of a very high standard and well worth packing the swimmers. During our stay we had no problems with theft etc and felt very safe in and around the hotel. The hotel is in an excellent location to the city centre with it being about 4 blocks away. Catching the Bus and then Metro into town from the airport is easy and very very cheap. So we had had a pleasant stay until checkout when we had been charged for breakfast on one of the days when we didn't eat it. Someone had charged it to our room and also signed it with our name. We denied eating the meal and showed them our signatures we would have used and it felt like we were already in the dock waiting for sentencing. The scouring looks and interrogation we received from the Receptionist left us with that sour taste in our mouth when they finally let us off the charge. After reading earlier posts regarding this hotel it wouldn't suprise me if this was tried out on a regurlar basis- so be warned.
We would stay here again but it's alway a bit of a case of having your guard up in there thinking about what they might try and rip you off with next.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Praha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presiding regally above the hilly banks of the Vltava River, the InterContinental Prague is the landmark choice of Prague hotels, providing a sophisticated setting for all types of travel. Experience the City from its premier location - in the heart of the Prague’s historic Old Town. Magnificent accommodations provide the perfect base from which to explore the shops, restaurants, and architectural treasures that give the region its distinctive character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your InterContinental Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.