“Loved this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Prague

You added InterContinental Prague to your Saves list
InterContinental Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parizska 30, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #110 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Long Beach, Ca
“Loved this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

My husband and I just returned from the Intercontinental in Prague. I loved this hotel. They upgraded me to the club floor and it was huge with a really nice large bathroom. I found the people at front desk and bell desk to be so nice. Very helpful...Spa and pool area was wonderful and no extra cost..You are right in the middle of the old Jewish area and only a short walk to old town. I would say 10 mins at the most. So the hotel is in a great area. From my window I could see the river and Prague Castle it was beautiful. My most favorite city in Europe. Be sure and eat breakfast at this little cute place don't remember the name but it is located out the door of hotel turn right then turn right again and go across the street to bridge and take the steps down to the water where you catch the riverboats and there is a little outside cafe that has the best crepes, Salads and sandwiches. Really reasonable too.

So go to Prague stay at this great hotel and have a wonderful time. iF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS E-MAIL ME...[--]

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

We stayed in the InterContinental Praha in December. It was our first visit to Prague and it was probably the best time of the year. Weather was a little cold but the Christmas atmosphere made up for it.
The InterContinental is an Exellant Hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, the Staff were very friendly and helpful and the Breakfast was amazing (just what you would expect from this hotel) The only problem We had with the Hotel was the cost of Drinks in the Bar which strangly were even dearer than the Mini-Bar in the rooms.
The location of the Hotel could not have been better as it is within walking distance of the Old Town Square and a lot of other attractions ,shops and resturaunts.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2005
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

I started my trip to Europe this year in Prague, I had requested (through the hotel)that a driver pick us up at the airport upon arrival, he had me fill out a short form and on arrival at the hotel we were already checked in. This I thought was great. The hotel itself was nice but very ordinary, the room was clean and not a bad size by European standards. We were upgraded to a River view, again nice but not that big of a deal. The breakfast was quite nice, the staff always helpful. All in all a good visit but the next time I would stay at a hotel that was a little more interesting.

• Stayed March 2006
rochester, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2006

A very nice hotel and good service. I do appreciate a formal approach of czech personelle as opposed to friendly/intrusive attitude in the US. The decor is very cosmopolithan, no local flavor whatsoever, but of a very high quality. The breakfast buffet was nice, but overpriced. You will get a much better value if you cross the plaza in the back and go to a little coffee shop. Good location. Great health club, i especially enjoyed the sauna. swedish massage was also good. all in all i do not mind staying at this hotel, but for my next trip to prague i reserved a more atmospheric hotel. will let you knwo how it turn out.

• Stayed May 2001, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

The hotel is a refurbished and upgraded Intourist from the Communist era, hence the horrible monsteresque building. Those who care about style and design would stay clear of thise hotel - it's a fairly standard 4-star (pretending to be 5-) "chain" hotel - bland but comfortable enough.

As I travelled to Prague on business, and my business partner booked the hotel, it delivered what is promised - nothing more and nothing less.

The only issue I have with the hotel is the attitude of certain members of staff. Upon checking out (7.30 am) I was literally "attacked" by the bell boy wanting to help me with the luggage (i.e. collect his 5 euros). Fair enough, I'm not tight, but as I only had a small case I felt perfectly able to wheel it the 10 meters from the check-in (-out) desk to the cab waiting outside, so I politely declided the bell boy's offer. To my great astonishment he then went on to INSIST on giving me a hand with the luggage and I as I was in no mood for this sort of behaviour - especially not at that hour - I had to raise my voice and tell the guy that I needed no help "thank you very much!". The bell boy, point taken, cleared off - but the receptionist - having observed the short ordeal from a short distance - in what can only be seen as a move of solidarity with her colleague, she decided to just leave, having checked me out, without even saying goodbye. Extremely unprofessional and unecessary to say the least. After all it was the Bell boy who'd put me in the awkward situation in the first place. Next time I'll stay at the Radisson.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

The InterContinental is at a great location for seeing Prague by foot. Easy access to inexpensive trams (#17) just across the street. Easy walking to all sites in Prague. The hotel is modern, spacious, and clean. We had a very comfortable stay and would select this location again if we were to return. It is recommended that you avoid taxi's in Prague - the hotel car to the airport is about $30. Tourist note: On the palace side - trams #23 and 22 will get you up and down the road to the palace easily - buy a few passes.

• Stayed March 2006
Bellevue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2006

Great location, easy walk to Old Town Square, and shopping, shopping, shopping. Service was very good. Room amenities are wonderful. My only hesitation is breakfast buffet. At $25 per person, it's pricey (as is Internet in room service). but there are numerous cafes and internet businesses nearby which offer you a reasonable alternative.

All things considered, I'd return there in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business