“Excellent hotel with worst internet connectivity” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Prague

You added InterContinental Prague to your Saves list
InterContinental Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parizska 30, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #110 of 663 Hotels in Prague
Bonn, Germany
“Excellent hotel with worst internet connectivity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Good - I was on business trip in Prague and stayed at Intercontinental, Prague. I took limousine pick up from hotel because it was my first visit to Prague and I arrived on Sunday night. The check in and check out were quick. Breakfast was included in price and it was very good. I forgot to take toothpaste and asked for help and they came back to me in 5 minutes with a toothpaste. The gym was very well equipped and the staff at the gym were friendly.

Bad - The room I stayed has very poor internet connectivity and I heard that my colleagues had similar experience. The connection was very unstable and when I was able to connect it would disconnect every 5 minutes. The free service the hotel gives is I think 256kbps!.

Room Tip: Get a river view room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear NIR2013,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague and choose our property as your hotel of first visit in Prague. I do appreciate all your valuable comments and more than happy to read about your personal experiences especially regarding the friendliness of the staff and well equipped gym – thank you for sharing with us directly. It is disturbing to read about your disappointments regarding internet connectivity and I would like to assure you that we have already arranged all necessary steps to avoid similar scenarios in the future. Our standard speed of internet connection is 512KB. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My friend and I stayed here the weekend of 17th Jan 2014. We found the hotel to be excellent. It was tastefully furnished. The rooms were spotless and well furnished . The beds were very comfy and we had a great two nights sleep. The breakfast buffet in the morning was lovely. There was a great choice of hot foods as well as cold buffet style foods. The staff were very friendly and polite. Highly recommended. It was also very centrally based and not far from the main locations of the town centre.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Jamesmlevin,
It is my pleasure to thank you and your friend for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. This kind of positive feedback gives us clear message and best available information about our main focus, which is the customer satisfaction – thank you for sharing with us directly. I do appreciate your personal experiences sharing with us especially regarding our lovely breakfast and friendly and very polite staff – thank you very much. We are looking forward having you back with us in the future and make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one.
Guildford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is far from the best intercontinental I have stayed at. The location is wonderfully central and the rates are reasonable but the reception and bar lacked atmosphere and worst of all the rooms were rather hot and the air conditioning is apparently turned off in winter - at least this is the story I was given after complaining 3 times and following maintenance visiting my room and testing it !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Chesterdoggerel,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague in January 2014 and sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. It is disturbing to read about your disappointments regarding the atmosphere at our property especially regarding the air condition issue unit. I would appreciate receiving further more information concerning your particular inconveniences as satisfaction of our hotel guest is the most important focus for all of us. I am truly sorry for the fat that you were not feeling valued and appreciated - I would like to assure you that we will do our best to avoid any similar scenarios occurred to our hotel guests in the future. I still do hope having a chance welcoming you back and prove to you our commitment. Please let me know in advance and I will do my best to make your stay as much as possible memorable and enjoyable one.
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed in October. It was a great room with fabulous service. Not far from all the attractions. Our room was first rate. The hotel doesn't look great from the outside = kind of 70's style, but it was very nice on the inside with a lovely room and facilities. I recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ROBLongBeach_...,
Let me please first take this opportunity to thank you for your stay with us at InterContinental Prague in October 2013. I do appreciate your overall very nice feedback especially regarding our fabulous service providing at our property – thank you for sharing with us via tripadvisor. We are looking forward having you back with us in the future and make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly during your next time in Prague.
Clarksville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel is located on the river in the Jewish Quarter. I couldn't have asked for a better location to explore the city. I could walk or take public trans to every destination in the city. Ask for a room overlooking the river for great views of the boats going up and down and of the park on the other side. New Year's was a sight since I could see 6 fireworks displays at once from my room.
Excellent breakfast buffet with European and American tastes represented. Quiet rooms. Nice pool and spa. Friendly staff.
The only negative I can come up with is our room needed a complete dusting. The endtables were dusty and there was a big spiderweb that wasn't cleaned during our 4 night stay. I dropped something between the bed and table and it came up covered in dirt. But I didn't remove a star for this because overall I was very happy with the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the river have a nice view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear jss697,
It is my pleasure to thank you for your stay with us at InterContinental Prague during December 2013 and sharing with us your personal experiences. I do appreciate all your positive feedbacks especially related to our excellent location, lovely breakfast, nice pool and friendly staff – thank you for this kind of the best available award. I have already passed your uncomfortable experiences with my relevant colleagues to avoid any similar scenarios in the future. We are looking forward having you back with us in the future and make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly during your next time in Prague.
Folkest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The taxi fare to the hotel from the airport was 900Kc (about £35) and took half an hour on a Friday afternoon. The return fare was only 600Kc and took twenty minutes on a Sunday morning.

The hotel is located about a 5 minute walk from the old town. It’s on the street with all the brands on it such as Rolex, Cartier, Jimmy Choo etc. I think there are more names on this (fairly short) street than there are on the Champs Elysees.

The hotel is also right on the river, ideal if you intend to go on one of the many river trips that are available. The bus tour that we took drove past this hotel twice so that tells you how well located it is.

The hotel is clean and modern, and the staff are all polite and efficient. It has the unfortunate big chain corporate feel to it, especially in the bar/restaurant area, although there is a panoramic restaurant on the top floor that I didn’t use. I know it’s difficult to make large hotels feel ‘cosy’ but some manage it better than others - this one is just OK.

The TV had BBC1 and BBC2 as well as other English speaking channels and our room had a couple of chairs and a small table that we could use to watch the box with a glass of wine.

Our bed had two individual duvets on it, which I have never been able to master no matter how hard I try. I always seem to end up losing the battle of wits and being cold all night. Other good hotels that I’ve used have gone back to the big double duvets so I guess it’s a common issue.

The prices for drinks and food are quite reasonable – a two course dinner for two with one beer and a bottle of wine was 2200Kc (£85). The prices generally in Prague are very good, especially for the beautiful capital city that it is. I was paying about £2 for a pint of beer and about £3 for a spirit and mixer in the bars in old town.

Overall, I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: As it's on the river, ask for a riverside view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear shinyredcar,
Let me firstly take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague during January 2014 and sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. Your very detailed feedback and valuable comments are more than appreciated and welcomed for all of us as this is exactly what we are waiting for. Thank you for, and I am more than happy to read, your positive comments related to our cleanliness, polite and efficient staff – this is the best available award for all of us. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future during your next time in Prague. I wish you all the best in 2014.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Can't beat location. Walking distance to all major attractions. Hotel staff lovely. Helpful, warm and great English (and probably any other language you want). Hotel carpets looking slightly worn but all other fittings, linen, beds etc exactly what expect of 5 star hotel. Delicious extensive breakfast buffet. Amazing New Years Eve celebrations complete with the hotel's own firework show.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Carolyn W,
I am so pleased to read such wonderful feedback from your last stay at InterContinental Prague during January 2014. This kind of positive feedback gives us clear message and best available information about our main focus, which is the customer satisfaction – thank you for sharing with us directly. Your great comments related to our lovely staff, delicious breakfast are more than appreciated – thank you very much. It was our pleasure to having you here with us during New Years Eve and even more than happy to know you have enjoyed it – best available award fro all of us. We are looking forward welcoming you back again very soon and make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly during your next time in Prague. All the best in 2014.