“Great choice for Prague” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #105 of 668 hotels in Prague
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great choice for Prague”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Located just a block from the river and near many venues---this hotel is difficult to beat. All the usual InterContinental hallmarks: large rooms, comfy furnishings and very clean. Staff is top notch and aims to please.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Cerchier,
It is great to read such lovely comments – thank you for sharing with us and choose InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice. Your overall satisfaction with our property is more than appreciated and will be our pleasure welcoming you back at our hotel during your next time in Prague.

998 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Inter-Continental may have had an expensive upgrade, but it still feels like an Eastern Bloc faceless monolith. The common areas lack atmosphere, warmth and welcom, and the restaurants do not beckon. However the rooms are spacious, with very comfortable beds with good quality crisp bed-linen. We took the option of a top floor room with Club membership, which is a nice alternative , offering a changing menu during the day, if like me you prefer not to eat in a huge canteen of a breakfast room. But if you have specific dietary requirements eg no wheat, or no meat, then you might struggl, but that is the case almost everywhere in Prague- meat especially pork, and bread are the staples.
On the up-side there is a very good gym, and a salt water swimming pool,the location excellent and the staff are helpful and patient. but the whole experience lacks charm, and is not typical of the delights that Prague has to offer.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the river are best, but may cost you more. And the higher up you are, the bett...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jojojoy,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague and sharing with us your personal experiences via Tripadvisor directly. I do appreciate your very detailed feedback which will be certainly shared with my colleagues immediately as the satisfaction of our customers is actually our main focus. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me directly during your next time in Prague and I will do my best to make your stay as much as memorable and enjoyable one.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. It was super clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Maybe it's a European thing to put duvets on the beds. I like them for cleanliness but they get all twisted and uncomfortable during the night. However, this was a minor thing compared to all the pluses. We had a nice view of Prague, the square near the hotel was amazing. Staff was helpful.
The breakfast buffet was outstanding, very international. I do wish there had been better access to the internet. The hotel provided 60 minutes free but service was slow. I would think a hotel of this caliber could provide unlimited internet. Even so we were very pleased and would definitels try Intercontinental's again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Il63,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. It is lovely to read about your overall satisfaction particularly regarding our helpful staff and outstanding breakfast. Thank you for sharing with us your valuable comments and we are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had problems with getting the exact room we ordered, but we really enjoyed our stay here.
The great location makes it easy to walk to almost everywhere.
Rooms and bathrooms are beautiful, the staff and service are excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Shaul_halili,
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice and sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. We are here and doing our best for all of our customers so is lovely to read about your satisfaction especially regarding our hotel staff – great and thank you very much. According your pictures you were staying in one of the nicest and largest Executive Suite at our hotel so I am not sure which particular problem you have faced however I would like to assure you that during your next time with us we will do our best to keep your ordered room.
We are looking forward welcoming you back at InterContinental Prague and please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any further assistance requested.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

It is nice hotel in the meddle of city Centre, therefore it is surrounded by historical places, restaurants, theatres and the river.
The was with river view and well equipped, the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was delicious. All you need is within walking distance and we loved the city.

Room Tip: Rooms with river view at high floor highly recommended
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear harb_hany,
Thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague and sharing with us your personal experiences. I am so pleased to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding helpful staff, location and quality of breakfast – thank you very much for sharing with us via tripadvisor. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.
hotels234
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

It seemed as if I was a bother to all the front desk agents. I am a Platinum member, even though I am very young, they shouldn't look down upon me or serve other 'older' guests first -- Absolutely not OK.

Also, we ordered food late night, and the pizza was cold!

Rooms were nice, very well appointed. Bathrooms were very nice, but had a few hairs left over. Not the end of the world, but a hotel that cost 200Euros a night I would expect it to have been taken care of.

Food and service at the rooftop restaurant (can't remember the name) was very good and not bad in cost compared to other places of it's quality.

Would stay here again, based on the rooms and location, but definitely would complain if I felt unwelcomed at the desk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jh c,
First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. Please accept my apology for any difficulties and discomfort caused to you during your stay and I am truly sorry for the fact you were not feeling valued and appreciated. I will certainly discuss your valuable comments with my colleagues for further steps and actions to avoid any similar scenarios could cause to our hotel guests in the future. I do appreciate the fact and will be our pleasure welcoming you back at our property so please do not hesitate to contact me directly during your next time in Prague. I would like to also assure you that this kind of experiences do not reflect on our usual services and will do our best to make your stay more memorable and enjoyable one.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Wonderful 7th floor executive suite with a nice river view. Staff were extremely helpful and efficient. Room service is prompt and the rooms are clean. The hotel also has a lovely rooftop restaurant with a panoramic view of the city and great food. The hotel is situated at a extremely convenient location - 5 minutes walk to the old town square and around 15-20 minutes to the castle. Overall, the stay was pleasant and enjoyable.

Room Tip: room with river views are nice: )
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jh c,
Let me take this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. Your wonderful comments are more than appreciated and will be my utmost pleasure to share with my colleagues directly. I am able to tell you that exactly this kind of feedbacks, especially related to extremely helpful staff, prompt room service and great food are exactly the best award for all of us. When you have a plan travelling back to Prague, please contact us directly and will be our pleasure to arrange any of your preferences in advance. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property.
Front Office Manager

Been to InterContinental Prague? Share your experiences!