“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 662 Hotels in Prague
New Delhi, India
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel with a group of friends and the hotel was fantastic. The rooms were a little dated but very spacious for european standards. The location was absolutely great with all places of interest within walking distance. The concierge was superb worth mentioning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague.

• Stayed August 2013
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Vidhit T,
I am taking this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable and very nice feedback especially regarding our service and location – thank you very much. We will look forward welcoming you back at our property so please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Most reviewers talk about location and in my opinion this is the saving grace of this hotel.

The bad:

First of all, Hotel turns off A/C in the middle of the night and in general is underpowered. It is so easy to tell because room starts to get warmer around 1:00AM. Very cheap.

Sauna is ridiculous small for a hotel of this size and pool area is understaffed.

The restaurant at the top of the hotel is only good for the views. I would stay away if you are looking for value.

The good:

The bar and restaurant area near the lobby. Very good food and waiters here should be commended. Certainly a change from the normal czech waiters who act like they saved three baby whales before coming to work.

Breakfast is very good although worse than Berlin Intercontinental (which is one if the best).

Location. As others pointed out this is the strong point of this hotel. Hilton and Marriott are not so centrally located.

Parking is good and secure. This is important since parking in old town is problematic.

I would recommend researching other hotels before staying on this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear solCalifornia,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable and very detailed feedback which gives us clear message from the hotel guest and help us improving overall satisfaction of our customers. I will definitely share your concerns and comments with my colleagues directly and organize all necessary steps in areas which you have shared with us. In despite of some of your experiences I still do hope having a chance welcoming you back at our property in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the weekend during our trip to Prague and it was a great choice. It's located just 5 minutes walk to the Old Town Square, and right across the river from famous metronome (where Lenin's statue used to be). The room was spacious with all the necessary amenities (ironing board, mini bar, flat screen tv, safe etc...) and really clean. There is spa service available (massage) to loosen the tired muscles that comes in a dozen variety (Asian, Swedish etc massage). There is also a nice though small pool in a glass house with natural lighting and also a warm jacuzzi which can be used by all hotel guests. The gym is fully equipped with TechnoGym equipments to suit all the purpose and there is also an aerobic workout room as well. Usually, some hotels just provide a few machines with free weights in their gym but the gym facilities here are similar to those dedicated private gym studio outside. The breakfast spread was very good, with hot and cold cut sections, small Asian section and one of our favorite was the fresh fruits section where they are cut freshly the whole morning for guests. Two big thumbs up for sports/spa facilities and breakfast. The staff were helpful and friendly throughout our stay there. This is definitely a highly recommended place to stay especially for mid to long term travellers

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear alantoh2,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable and overall very positive feedback and I am more than happy to read about your satisfaction especially regarding our Health Club and Spa area, excellent breakfast and helpful staff – thank you very much for sharing with us directly. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested during your next time in Prague and certainly will be our utmost pleasure welcoming you back at our property in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for three nights, the location is amazing, very central and within walking distance of all the major attractions. Whilst this is not the prettiest of buildings, the location more than makes up for it. We had a good sized room overlooking the river on the 9th floor. Loved the individual blankets, no waking up cold because your spouse has stolen the covers. Staff helpful and all spoke reasonable English. We had dinner in the rooftop restaurant , a bit expensive but we had a magical night enjoying the fabulous views and watching the city as the sun went down. Great gym and pool which was great to come back to after a hot day sightseeing. The air conditioning in our room didn't work very well but we were transferred promptly to another room which we appreciated. Hotel is looking a little tired and in areas could do with a renovation to bring it up to scratch.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lesley B,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague during July 2013. I do appreciate your valuable and overall very positive feedback and I am more than happy to read about your satisfaction especially regarding our helpful staff, lovely roof top restaurant Zlata Praha, great gym and individual blankets solution – thank you very much. It is great that AC issue has been resolved immediately and you have been moved to different room - I have already shared this particular comment with engineering department to double check AC units in the guest rooms. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested during your next time in Prague and certainly will be our utmost pleasure welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Dallas, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

A very clean hotel located within walking distance of historical Prague.
The best local soup with cabbage is served here all day. Don't miss it.
The breakfast is not to be missed. There is something for every taste regardless of where you hail from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear SeamusOmaoflhbhail,
I am taking this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable feedback and I am more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding our cleanliness and lovely/memorable soup – I will definitely share with our Executive Chef - thank you very much. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested during your next time in Prague and will be our utmost pleasure welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here for 9 days with my son. The hotel was very clean, brilliant staff: very helpful! The hotel is in a perfect location for sight-seeing Prague. We felt very safe and nothing was too much trouble!! Will definitely return to beautiful Prague and this wonderful hotel!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear AMPUk,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your 9 nights stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your lovely feedback and I am more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding our very helpful staff, cleanliness and location – thank you very much. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested during your next time in Prague and we are already looking forward welcoming you and your son back at our property in the future.
Leo, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Awesome location, atmosphere, and service. Staff is wonderful, and the view from the terrace restaurant is breathtaking. Close to the Old town square, Charles bridge, and the Prague Castle. Nearby restaurants were excellent and reasonably priced. Hotel limo service is readily available to take you where you need to go. Make sure you negotiate price with the driver before you get in.
I took my family over there for a week and had a great time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sun P,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable feedback and I am more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding our hotel staff and roof top restaurant Zlata Praha – thank you very much. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested in the future and would be my utmost pleasure welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Front Office Manager

Been to InterContinental Prague? Share your experiences!