“Beautiful hotel. Great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Prague

You added InterContinental Prague to your Saves list
InterContinental Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parizska 30, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #103 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Beautiful hotel. Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I was here with a group of 135. We were finishing up a Bulgaria to Germany trip on the Danube. Perfect ending to a perfect trip.

We enjoyed breakfasts (buffet). Had some yummy meals in the bar area. The concierge desk was always helpful. Don't miss the Broadway Tunes show at an old monastery near the Astronomical Clock.

Prague was, by far, my fav city on the trip!

• Stayed October 2012
PRGHA, Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Jrhkingsmill,
thank you very much for your short and crisp feedback.
It was our great pleasure to be able to do our part that you feel that Prague was the best destination during your trip.
I hope you will have the opportunity to return and that you will choose again the InterContinental Prague as your preferred hotel.
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I will list my comments as points:-
1- Check-in was awful, the lady who checked me in was aggressive and has a poker face, she didn't even look at me when checked me in, she was like a robot and did it in 10 seconds and handed me the key without anything. She was rude, her name is EVE and also I asked for river view room she didn't explain that they don't have one she just handed me the key and when I told her is it riverview she said NO. Without any apology or even to explain, also she didn't ask if I need assistance with my bags.
2- room was fine, not a 5 star furniture and amenities, let's say 3 stars.
3- AC was on and was very noisy I had to switch it off at night
4- housekeeping ladies were nice and friendly
5- my cousin was staying with me at the hotel in a different room and she found blood on the sheets, she complained and they waived 50 euros from her bell. She was furious!!
6- toilet ceiling was dropping yellow coloured stain all the time, called and cleaned it and then it came back.
8- men at the hotel are much nicer than the women and I don't know why, they were helpful, check out was nice and the man who checked me was helpful and attentive.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear arabianman,
thank you very much for your honest and candid feedback. Actually I was really distressed to read all the issues you had during your stay. Each single one would have been already not acceptable, but even together I can understand you disappointment. This certainly this does not represent our standards you can expect and actually which you experienced already in the past, as I can see from your positive previous feedback on tripadvisor about our hotel.
Please accept my apologies and I can assure you that we will work your comments mentioned.
I really hope you will give us another chance in the future. In case you plan your next trip to Prague, please contact me in advance to make sure that we show you that we can do much better. My e-mail address is oliver.geyer@icprague.com.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel dates back 50 years, but the management is busy bringing it to contemporary standards. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Renovation is on-going, but they are very good at keeping the inconvenience minimized. We were amazed to see one corridor completely transformed from a 1960s style to 2012 style in two evenings. During the day, the parts under renovation were sealed off, there was no noise or dust at any time. Very impressive.

The breakfast was included, and is served in a bright solarium on the main level. Lots of choice, hot and cold selections, both in buffet style and with a quick order grill. Free Wi-fi was available in the lobby free of charge, and it was quite reliable. The concierge was highly efficient to get us alternate transportation to the airport when the pre-booked hotel-arranged limo failed to appear. The location is perfect - a five minute walk to the town square, with a huge choice of shopping and tourist attractions all within easy walk. And the food choices in Prague are terrific. Apart from the hotel's restaurant, which friends raved about, there are some very good 5-star restaurants all within 10 minutes of the front door.

One feature of Intercontinental Hotels is their pillow selection. If you don't like the pillow on your bed, there are 5 or 6 more choices you can call and ask to be brought up to your room. A nice touch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear communicator1598,
thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I am very happy to read that we could impress you with the way we changed our public area. You could have been also annoyed about this situation therefore I am even more thankful about your praise.
I think you should return and try our famous Zlata Praha restaurant on our top floor, which your friends recommended for you. It is really worth for the great food and service, but also because it has probably the best view in town.
See you soon !
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were at Prague from 28 Oct till 01 Nov. The hotel had everything needed to make a traveller feel at home, so far away from one country. We stayed at room 258 and Judita did an excellent work of keeping the room in shape. Check in and check out were painless and Jared was great during check out. The location of the hotel is brilliant as is the view of the city from the 9th floor. Breakfast was excellent and truly intercontinental, though missed a bit of Indian there. Also had a pillow menu, which was a first for us, Overall a great stay and a great hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is non smoking and clean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear w0rldt0urister,
thank you so much for your great comments. Especially that you mention our Housekeeping colleagues Judita is a great honor for her and we are proud to have her here.
Unfortunately my colleagues in housekeeping are not often enough aknowledged for their hard work every day. You feedback is a great help to motivate our staff and reaching our goals to become today better than yesterday.
I really hope to see you again in our wonderful city of Prague !
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here for a week. It has the best location, walking distance to most places, 5 minutes to old town square, 10 minutes nice river walk to Charles Bridge....
Exterior and interior of the hotel are outdated, but they try hard to maintain this old hotel. Room is nice, bed is very comfy, free Internet is convenient. Service is great, every staff is friendly. Especially concierges, they are very helpful and attentive!

We were happy with the hotel, until we got hit with huge phone charges when we checked out. We only made local calls to arrange tour-guide and local trips, US$3 a minute is outrageous, I have to say.

Our deal didn't come with breakfast, but there are plenty of nice charming cafes around.
There are two wonderful restaurants close by, within one block.
La Veranda is our favorite restaurant in Prague, their cuisine are more French and Italian, very delicate and delicious!
Les Moules is a Belgian restaurant serves great mussels and wide selection of beers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Frances Q,
thank you very much for taking you precious time to write your comments on tripadvisor.
I am glad to read that you were very satisfied with the services you received, especially our concierge service.
Regarding the phone charges I can assure you that we regulary compare our pricing with other hotels and we always make sure that we are rather on the lower side than higher. Still you are right that using the phone in any hotel is on the expensive side.
Still I hope to see you again in the InterContinental Prague.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 5 days. It was a great complement to our stay in lovely Prague. The room and amenities were excellent. We enjoyed having Wifi in the lobby and a smoking bar. The Zlata restaurant on the top has a superb view and excellent food and service. The staff in the reception were efficient although somewhat impersonal.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Yasmine B,
we would gladly host you again ! Thank you very much for your comments, especially about our restaurant Zlata Praha in the 9th Floor. I can assure you that we will work on our front desk staff to make sure you do not miss the personal touch there too !
Saskatoon, SK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

On a recent Mongrams tour of Europe we stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is excellently located, near to "old town" and within walking distance of most of the sites and attractions in this marvelously preserved city. The room we had lots of room, a very comfortable large bed, lots of storage space and an excellent bathroom. There was an ATM located within the hotel just off the lobby which made it easy to get cash rather than going out to find a bank nearby. Our package included a full buffet breakfast that was offered in a large and bright breakfast room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear freddie302,
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Prague. You are absolutely right, that our hotel is perfectly located for all sights of the city. Furthe it is great that you liked our breakfast restaurant. This restaurant was actually just refurbished and reopend this year in March along with a new buffet concept.
I hope the near future will bring you again to Prague.
Executive Assistant Manager

Been to InterContinental Prague? Share your experiences!