“Good Food and Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good Food and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I are from Southern California originally and we have a pretty severe addiction to Mexican food. We get our fix at El Paisa. The food is fresh, the tortillas are amazing, margaritas are good, the guacamole is the best in Prague and the staff is wonderful. When we first moved to Prague, the menu was fairly limited and I didn't like going to El Paisa because I am vegetarian. They've expanded the menu though and now there are plenty of vegetarian options. We love this place.

• Visited May 2013

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super restaurant in a pretty quarter of Prague”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I like Czech food but it's nice to have a change. Really fresh healthy food with attentive and friendly staff and a nice atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
“Nice food, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

After very bad experiences in a restaurant out of Prague this was exactly what I needed. Kind, attentive and profesional staff, welcoming atmosphere, quick service and very good food. I had a super taco al pastor which was delicious but for the price I expected a little bigger portion. Paying for the extra cheese was not a good choice as there was not much of it. I also had a lemon lemonade which was just great. As the location is not very convenient for me I will not be a regular guests but I will not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone or come back when I am nearby.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Prague, Czech Republic
“Authentic Mexican food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

There are places that make you want to come back because the food tastes great and you always have a great time. This has been my experience at El Paisa.
The restaurant has a great location (just downhill from Vysehrad Castle) and near to Vlatava river to make a great option for a sightseeing tour to be completed with a visit to the restaurant. When you come there expect great service from the owners, and authentic Mexican taste from the food.
My favorites are for starters: Topos con guacamole, followed by tacos al pastor (make sure to order 6 of them) authenitic tacos come in small tortillas, or order a burrito de carnitas (you´ll want to kiss the cook).. the drinks are amazing! you should definitely give Copa de Nada a try, end your meal with a trufito. =) I highly recommend this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Just like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a great option if you are looking for that delicious Mexican flavor. With a nice homemade style the tacos and gringas will make you go crazy and the drinks are amazing too! Beans, guacamole and the friendly service will make your dinner extra special. This is a must if you are a fan of Mexican food. Totally worth it !!!!

• Visited March 2013