“Definitely worth it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amazing Walks of Prague - Private Tours

Amazing Walks of Prague - Private Tours
Staromestske namesti 1, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
+420 777 069 685
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 274 Tours & Activities in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: Private walks by local history buff! Hi, my name is Roman Bily and I was born and raised in Prague.Since May 2004 I work as tour guide. I am informative, but not boring. I like my job and I'm proud of it. I'm here to make your stay in Prague a unique experience. People describe me as passionate and entertaining, but I'm not a stand-up comedian. I'm a family man (proud father of three boys) and I know how to attract and hold a kid's attention. Any extra time (If tour goes over appointed time) - is free of charge. So, I hope to see you on one of my walks. Have a pleasant stay in beautiful Prague! And remember, I'm the one who cares about your wishes! Due to the high demand is booking recommended. Contact me via email or phone. Hotel pick-up available or we can meet on the left side of the Astronomical Clock on the Old Town Square. Most of my tours are walking tours. But there is a chance to sit along the way - I like when my guests can sit ,relax and listen to my stories. Sometimes we'll use local transport : tram/streetcar. And yes, transportation (private vehicle) can be arranged upon request. Activity level of my walks is light and kid friendly. And sometimes parental guidance is recommended! Tour guide services/sample itinerary: 1/. PRAGUE OVERVIEW - Best of Prague (5-6 hours) 2/. COMMUNISM WALK - Life behind Iron Curtain (90 minutes) 3/. ASSASSINATION OF HEYDRICH - WW II history + Nazi occupation (2 hrs) 4/. OLD TOWN UNDERGROUND - Truth is down there (90 min) 5/. BEER TOUR - Pub + brewery visit + Czech dinner (3 hrs) 6/. MEDIEVAL TAVERN DINNER - Historical Fantasy Show + "all you can eat" menu (3,5 hrs) 7/. PRAGUE CASTLE WITH INTERIORS - Most sacred place (3 hrs) 8/. BOAT CRUISE + DINNER + LIVE MUSIC - Spectacular waterfront panorama of Prague with excellent "all you can eat" menu (3,5 hrs) 9/. JEWISH GHETTO - History of Czech Jews past and present (2,5 - 3 hrs) 10/.GHOST WALK - Hour of darkness (90 min) 11/.THERESIENSTADT EXCURSION - The only WW II concentration camp in the whole country 12/.KUTNA HORA TRIP - Unesco World Cultural Heritage Site
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Definitely worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We did the "free tour" (English speaking) with Sandemans through Prague. Our tour guide, Vivien, was passionate, knowledgeable and thouroughly entertaining. These tour guides work on tips only so leave a decent one.

Visited May 2014

Brookline, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Roman Bily's Prague Tours--Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Roman was the best guide I've had in a long career of travel. He's engaging, knowledgeable, funny, and resourceful. Not once did I sense he was tired of material he must have shared hundreds, if not thousands, of times. He loves his native city, Prague, and it shows. He is constantly studying, gaining new information to share with his clients. I recommend him heartily, without reservation. He is, simply, the best.

Roman is s also a genuinely, sincerely helpful man. Passports got inadvertently left behind in a Budapest hotel, and he spent hours helping us devise a strategy to recover them in time for a departure back to the States. He quickly became a friend in a distant land.

Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Roman is a fantastic guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Prague not expecting to be able to find a guide for a Christmas Eve tour at the last minute... however Roman was very quick to email us back, and he gained permission to add us on to a private tour he was already running. We spent several hours taking in key sites of Prague. Roman's knowledge, passion and energy made this a truly great day... his ability to inform on Czech history and politics in an engaging way and his attention to detail is impressive, and fun! Particularly loved the way he would point out something small like a doorway, architectural detail, street sign etc, and tell a story or explain its significance. Roman is very generous with his time and energy, and we highly recommend a tour with Amazing Walks, if you are interested in understanding (in a little more depth) the beautiful city of Prague. Thanks Roman! Jo and Todd, Melbourne Australia

Visited December 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Book with Roman Bily”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I could not speak more highly of my tours with Roman Bily. We booked the Jewish Ghetto Tour with him initially and after having such an enjoyable and educational experience, we booked him the following day for the Underground tour. He's a passionate storyteller and always ensure that you have breaks to sit and really take in all he has to say! I travelled through Prague, Budapest and Vienna, but when people ask me what my favorite part of the trip was, hands down it was my tours with Roman!

Visited August 2013
Harrison, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Roman is a wonderful guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We spent 2 days with Roman. City tour and Terezenstrat. He is not only knowledgeable and passionate about his city, but a real character as well. He is funny and entertaining. It was a treat to spend our time with him.

Visited September 2013