“Great Staff, Great Building, a little room to improve” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fusion Prague

You added Fusion Prague to your Saves list
Fusion Prague
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Panska 1308/9, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #118 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cologne, Germany
“Great Staff, Great Building, a little room to improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our booking was incorrectly made and our family of four was put into a six-bed dorm we were expected to share. The only way around this was to "upgrade" to the room type we had already booked by paying fifty Euro. The "family" room had a wardrobe-like structure that was easy to climb and easy to fall from-- kid bait if there ever was.
Room was a little chilly and heating was centrally adjusted. Needed more than one little duvet to stay cozy at night.
Great shower. Hair dryer provided.
Front desk staff was *excellent.* Location absolutely perfect right by everywhere.
Bar downstairs quite good as is the soup restaurant, which is handily right inside. Makes it easy to eat "out" with children.
Bathroom walls needed a good wipe. Fusion sort of bills itself as a "hostel" but there are no communal facilities like a kettle or microwave. Being able to heat a little snack is sort of essential when traveling with children, so we were lucky our friend had booked the penthouse apartment which had a microwave. Even so, and although it was 149 Euro/ night, it had only 4 teaspoons, two mugs, and no tea towels in the kitchen. Would not stay again and would have had an unpleasant stay we hadn't been able to use our friend's apartment. Bit of a mixed bag, Fusion Prague.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sandra R, General Manager at Fusion Prague, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear greengreenbugs,
thank you for your interesting opinion. I am very glad you enjoyed our soup in the city. This is exactly what we wanted to create - good and simple food available for reasonable value and quick service if you are in a hurry. If you have time, you can sit and relax but you can as well just grab something as a take-away.
I am very sorry to hear there was a problem with your booking initially but I hope that was just a missunderstanding while the booking process.
Let me inform you (for the next time) that the heating can be controlled by you directly in your room. We do not heat the rooms to 100% if they are empty just because according to our experience, our guests prefer to set up the temperature themselves. I believe the receptionists would have helped you with this easy problem.
I noticed your comments about the inventory for our fusion white room as well, much appreciated. Let me just explain that this space is often used as a meeting point as well when the kitchen is fully equiped. No problem to provide the same service to our guests on request.
I hope we will welcome you again soon and please do not feel shy to ask about anything! We are here for you.
Sandra Reptova, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Beautiful and very cool place, good vibe, great combo of style and some luxury with a range of prices. Expensive apartment with balcony (fusion white) is REALLY nice. A few things missing, such as: not enough towels, hot water ran out, dead pigeon on the balcony when we arrived… but overall a great place and well-priced.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sandra R, General Manager at Fusion Prague, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Sean,
thank you for your review. I am not sure if you knew about it when you were checked in but you were actually one of the first guests in our new FUSION WHITE. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay.
I am personally in love with this room and the possibility to play the old U2 and Police discs. I hope you enjoyed it too.
Thank you again and wish you a great day
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at Fusion from 20 - 24 December and overall our experience of this hotel was good. However I think it is important to note that I can completely understand why there is a mix of reviews on here.

Great points:
Location was key for a weekend city break and the hotel sits perfectly in the centre of the city. We only got the tram on one day when we went to the Castle/Palace. Other than that we walked everywhere. Being able to get the Airport Express for £2 each to less than a 10min walk from the hotel is perfect too.

Breakfast was good. Nice mix of food and always plenty of space.

We had a triple room: 3 x single beds. I was travelling with my mother and sister so this was perfect for us. Slightly quirky design but the whole hotel was like this.

Good power/waterfall shower which is key when you have three females wanting to wash their hair (daft but a key thing!).

Now the not such great points:
I recommend everyone takes eye masks if they are light sleepers. The blinds in the room don't do a great job at blocking out the light.

There are small rugs around the beds but the rest of the floor is concrete so I recommend something to keep your feet warm.

The bathroom door wasn't great at closing so perhaps something to take into consideration if travelling with a partner.

And that's about it for the bad points.
The staff were always friendly, we were able to store our luggage when we arrived too early for check in and also after we checked out so we could spend as much time as poss in the city before heading back to the airport.

The other thing I would mention about Prague is that there are a LOT of great local restaurants and I used my TripAdvisor app to find the ones nearest to us. (Free WIFI in the hotel helped with this). It meant we found some great restaurants to taste local food for about £7 a head for an evening meal. Quite a bargain we thought!

Also, LOTS of shopping in Prague. Something we weren't expecting. The main street for shopping is just off the road where the hotel and also Palladium Shopping Centre is very close. Great for when it got just too cold to be walking around.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear MullinsSE,
thank you for your realistic point of view. When reading through your review I absolutely understand what you meant. You loved the hotel but as fusion is still a new hotel, there are some little bits and pieces to be improved.
Thank you so much for your feedback, we will keep up the hard work.
Have a great day and best regards for your mother and sister
Thessaloniki, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We arrived in Prague accompanied by another friendly couple, we had reserved a room on the 27/12 that could accommodate 4 adults. At least, the pictures and the description were showing a comfy room that had enough space for all 4 of us.
Upon check in, we were oblidged to pay the full amount (usually abroad you have to prepay your reservation, that's fine so far) but when we received the keys and got into the room, we saw a tiny space that had one bed next to the other and by the time we left our lugggage the whole room was full.We were unable to sleep all 4 of us in such a room, since we were not a family, instead the men were 6 feet tall and we felt embarassed when we realized that we had to stay in a room that was described by the pictures as suitable for 4 adults.
We closed immediately the door and went back to the reception. This was the time when we were forced to face a totally rude and unacceptable behavior on behalf of the receptionist, named Victoria. Instead of trying to meet our expectations and at least offer us another solution, she behaved in a totally unacceptable manner, with RACIST comments regarding our origin. According to her, the problem was that we were from Greeece and this is a typical behavior of Greeks. She was completely unwilling to hear us, although we tried to explain that 4 adults could by no means fit in such a tiny space. Her name is Victoria, and in case the general manager reads these words, he/she for sure needs to take some serious action... After all, as she said, "I don't care about my job position, this job depresses me and I am tired of customers with complaints".
The best thing they could do for us, was to place us in a family room that had a double bed and a bunk bed even though we were two couples.
Overall, the hotel has smart decoration, perhaps ideal for youngsters who wish to stay in a stylish hotel, breakfast was exceptional with fast service, clean utensils, yet absence of cleaning ladies during the weekend, 10min walk from the historical centre of Prague (Astronomical Clock etc).
Room was very clean however it has dark walls and insufficient lightening, would not choose this hotel for a future stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Apostolos,

thank you for your review and please accept my apologies.
I must say that I really appreciate we were able to ex-change couple of emails and talk about your experience in details. Your feedback is very important for us because we can act accordingly and make everything to avoid this kind of service in the future. I can assure you that your experience was not anything usual for fusion hotel. We actually put so much stress on customer service because we believe its one of the most important things in hospitality..
Let me actually say a big thank you because you actually helped us to improve our service like this and I am also glad that despite the human factor, you were still happy about our style, design, fusion breakfast and other things.
All the best and for the future I only wish you lovely hotel stays.
If you ever decide to come back to Prague, I will be happy to meet you personally
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

When booking my trip to Prague the Fusion hotel had high ratings and was said to be fairly central. These reviews did not disappoint with the hotel being a very short walk to just about everything! From the first step into the hotel there were so many things to see and the overall decor was very intriguing particularly the dark halls with neon lighting where the rooms are. I was staying with my mum dad and sister and when I realised we were all in the same room I thought this may be a problem but it was totally fine. The room was cleaned to a very high standard and had a very good en suite bathroom. The staff at the hotel were extremely welcoming and a young blonde lady working at reception was particularly helpful in helping us book quite a few trips. The eating space was very pleasant to sit in and breakfast was well prepared with lots of variety. There was also free wifi available which had a very fast connection speed. I don't really have anything negative to say about Fusion and would highly recommend it for all groups of people. The only thing that bothered me while I was there was the room was very hot and that was without the heating on but you will be sure not to go cold :) Thankyou for a great experience!

• Stayed January 2014
Sandra R, General Manager at Fusion Prague, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Lgarrow,
thank you for your lovely words about fusion. Your opinion is actually one of the first ones for 2014 so I hope your positive energy will bring us good luck for the NEW YEAR 2014. I very much appreciate your feedback, we are happy to hear you enjoyed the special way fusion was designed.I hope you will have a fantastic year full of great travel experience.
Best regards from fusion, Sandra Reptova, GM
Karratha, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We loved the room, the decoration and the atmosphere. What an awesome place to stay! Nice staff too. Great breakfast. I squarely recommend this place, and if i where to come back, i would run back to the Fusion Hotel.

Room Tip: the classic double room was really comfy and well designed
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra R, General Manager at Fusion Prague, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Adeline,
thank you for your positive words. Its so great to hear you loved fusion. Come back soon!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Just returned after a lovely four nights at Fusion hotel Prague. Staff were very welcoming and helpful and our themed room was funky and extremely large. The 360 bar at the hotel was good and served local beer and cocktails. Breakfast was simple but tasty with a couple of hot choices as well as fresh pastries, cold meats and cereal etc. Location was good and within walking distance of everything you need. Felt safe walking around at all times and would not hesitate to stay at the hotel in the future

Stayed December 2013
Dear Stuebez,
thank you for your opinion about us and I hope you enjoyed lot of lovely moments. If you have any great pictures to share, feel free to join our facebook page. We are always happy to see fusion from the guest point of view :-)
Best regards
Sandra Reptova, GM

Been to Fusion Prague? Share your experiences!