“Lovely Overall Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cantinetta Fiorentina

Cantinetta Fiorentina
Parizska 98/17, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Josefov)
+420 222 326 203
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #892 of 4,271 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Josefov
Description: Cantinetta Fiorentina combines an cafe with a fine dining restaurant located on the most fashionable street of Prague's historic center -Parizska. Cantinetta Fiorentina features two floors, including a cafe and dessert bar, a wine cellar and private dining areas. Reservations are recommended.Our cuisine is italian (Tuscan) with a french touch, features traditional Tuscan recipes with an emphasis on simplicity and fine Italian ingredients - imported weekly directly for Cantinetta Fiorentina. All pastry is homemade . We use only natural ingredients. We specialize in serving certified Tuscan Chianina beef from a family farm Mattone Due Montaione , fish and seafood (Oysters,King crab, Gambero rosso etc.). .Special dietary requests (such as vegan, gluten free, etc.) Can usually be accommodated. Cantinetta Fiorentina is ideal for business lunches, a lively meal with a group of friends, a romantic dinner for two, or your next special celebration.Thursday,friday and saturday we provide a romantic live music. Our restaurant is non-smoking.
Houston, Texas
“Lovely Overall Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I came here for lunch after sightseeing...we were in the mood for some good Italian!! The interior is beautiful; elegant, classy and intimate. Our waiter was friendly and service was fast. We shared a delicious chicken caesar salad which had a rich, flavorful dressing and for my entree, I ordered the pappardelle with duck ragu and thoroughly enjoyed it!! The sauce was amazing and duck was moist. Would definitely recommend this place!

• Greek first
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Lovely Restaurant with Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I walked by this restaurant and were attracted by the appearance. It is a serious restaurant with great service and top drawer food. Our waiter Martin, very tall and handsome, spoke English (and many other languages). We ordered a light lunch of Minastrone soup and a chicken Caesar salad. Both servings were ample. The chicken Caesar was one of the best I have had. The restaurant wasn't cheap but a value because of the quality of food and service.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cantinetta Fiorentina, the best in Prague!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Applause for the Cantinetta Fiorentina!!!! I was recently in Prague for work but also for meet a fantastic and beautiful girl with whom I had dinner at the Cantinetta Fiorentina. A beautiful surprise!!! Cantinetta it's an absolutely amazing and luxurious place on the most fanciest street in Prague with an very excellent Italian chef. It was wonderful dinner here. it is a Italian restaurant with homemade pasta, fresh fish and seafood and super special Chianina (!!!) beef meat and a wine cellar with 250 wines and with a top service people. The next time I'm in Prague I will be back again, for sure!! Congratulations!!!!!!! The food, ambience and service is top class. Highly recomended. The way of perfection is very close...

roma
“excellent and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

you will never think to find a place such as the cantinetta fiorentina out of Italy!
best flavour, everything was great and fantastic..outstanding cuisine and incredible variet of wines..

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Way overpriced in the heart of Prague”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't believe the lack of value for the quality of food in this restaurant. I asked for an Italian recommendation in Prague from my business hotel and sent me to this lovely atmosphere but astronomically priced restaurant. Everything was a la carte including a basket of bread $7 (USD) and still water $10. My $35 entree of shrimp and black risotto consisted of 2 (TWO!) shrimp on a small plate of rice. I wouldn't have minded had the dish been outstanding, however is was not the case. The seafood was "fishy" and did not seem very fresh and it left the risotto tasting fishy as well rather than the "orange citrus" taste as advertised. My salad was fine- a caprase - but the tomatoes were not ripe - or heirloom- and certainly not worth the almost $20 price tag. The wine list, although a terrific selection of fine Italian wines, again was overpriced for the value of the wine. I understand that restaurants normally charge at least double to three times the value of a bottle, but it cost as much to get a single glass of wine a it would a bottle in a normal restaurant. Although the atmosphere and service was lovely, this "special evening" restaurant lacked the quality of food the check warranted. Go here if you want to impress your date with how much you spend on dinner, but don't go for the food.

Visited October 2013