“Excellent italian restaurant in Prague” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent italian restaurant in Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The restaurant Caffé Italia is situated at the corner of the Old Town Square and gives you the opportunity to eat superb food and watch the world go by at one of the nicest areas in Praque.

The food was so good the first time we ate there, that we went back again the following evening and were not disappointed. At each meal the ingredients were fresh and appetizing, served by nice friendly staff and good value for money. The meals at the restaurant Caffé Italia were the best meals of restaurants visited when we were in Prague.

I would suggest eating in the evening when the sun goes down and when the lights come on in the Town Square to the chiming of the Astronimical clock- you will be able the take some nice photos

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Wish I'd read the reviews!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

As you can see from my other reviews I'm not one to write a bad review but this is my honest opinion..

We were looking for a place to have a bite around the old town and saw this 'italian'. We stood and waited to be seated at the two seats in the sun. We stood for 5 long minutes and was not acknowledged - another couple went and sat in the seat without waiting to be seated. We then went and sat and waited another 5 minutes and my boyfriend eventually grabbed the waiters attention himself. I had the caprese at 170 Czech koruny = 5.29710465 British pounds. It was a tomato sliced with cheese put inbetween the slices. Not worth the money but that isn't only what spurred me to write this review. It was the service. When ordering the waiter seemed in a rush to get back in the back. While eating I realised I had forgot to put that days holiday money in. I called the waiter over and asked for the prices. He was very short tempered with me and said he didn't know until the end so I asked for a menu and he then decided to add it up and tell me the price. I literally just had enough money. At the end when I paid with the just enough money and left the tiny bit of change he started raising his voice 'what is this, wheres my service, what about my boss'. I was embarrassed as I'm not one for confrontation, my boyfriend stated 'we didn't have enough money and you get paid for your job'. We could have said your service was terrible but we are too polite to do that infront of the customers as he should have been. I'm not a huge tipper anyway if I like the food I'll say and I'll return. I work in the health service and keep people alive. No one tips me but thanks me with words and I don't doubt that they are grateful that I keep them alive.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Hmmmm!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Excellent location, terrible food....

Chicken Salad was as dry as a bone and looked like it had been made 10 hours previously!

Pasta dish was very basic and chicken was strange!

Would stay away and never recommend if you have taste buds!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great position, food good service good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 via mobile

Just reading some previous reviews. Have always used trip advisor and am now going to actively contribute so we can all help each other. I went there alone and often solo diners get cast aside, however the waiter was attentive and the food was good. Could get the same for cheaper away from the square, but you're paying for the location. Nice spot to eat if you're passing through. Great to soak up the atmosphere and people watch. Dinner and a bottle of wine ( able to take home leftover wine) was $50US.

Zurich, Switzerland
“STAY AWAY: Rude service, will try to overcharge you - check your bill!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

On the positive side, we managed to get a table in the sun and could enjoy the view of the old town square.
But that's about the only nice thing I have to say:
We were three persons on a sunny afternoon and were completely ignored by the waiters.
After 20 min, one finally came to our table, and before we could order drinks, he had run off to get menus although we had said we just wanted drinks.
It was another 5 min before he came back.
We order a beer, a glass of prosecco, a coke, and a coffeee, which took their time to get to our table.
When we wanted to pay, we also had to wait quite a while to get the attention from waiters and when we asked for the bill, we clearly indicated that we wanted to pay by credit card.
I checked the bill, and realised we had been overcharged by 360 CZK (total bill should have been 504 CZK so quite an "error" - the prosecco had been charged to 510 instead of 150..."ooops"). When I addressed it, the waiter never apologized but was rather pissed off that I caught his scam.

He went to change the bill, and suddenly I could no longer pay by credit card, he kept saying that the transaction was annuled - I am definitely checking my bank statements.
I then paid 510 in cash and was never given the change; at this point I had no intention of tipping this guy.

A Czech colleague passed by and overheard me talking to the waiter, and he then addressed my colleague in Czech and was apparently keeping up his rude behaviour. My colleague and her lunch party decided to go elsewhere after this.

My only recommendation is to STAY AWAY!

• Visited March 2012