“You just wouldn't expect this....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bohe(my)a Lounge & Grill Bar

Bohe(my)a Lounge & Grill Bar
Narodni 26, Prague, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,783 of 4,195 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: International
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
London, United Kingdom
“You just wouldn't expect this....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Don't look away. This is a bar/grill on the top floor of a Tesco store. It's independently run and is in fact an open air space on a terrace. If, like my, you are a fan of city rooftop views it's compelling. You reach it by getting to the top floor of My (Tesco) , appropriately passing through the kitchen/household department. I really was surprised to find a large outdoor terrace.

The food is a combination of tapas and the more substantial such as kebabs and cheeseburgers, modern European sums it up. There is a full bar menu, wine, beer and soft drinks. Service is friendly and enthusiastic, sometimes with the odd mistake but it had just opened the first time I visited. At that time, the menu was divided into breakfast, lunch and later but the kitchen staff seemed happy to compromise on this.

I recommend this place because it is just such an unusual find - being outdoors, it is also weather dependent so will be closed in the event of heavy rain.

• Visited June 2011