“One of the best places I've ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars

Charles Bridge Economic Hostel
Mostecka 4/53 | Mala Strana, Prague 118 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #6 of 420 Specialty Lodging in Prague
New York City, New York
“One of the best places I've ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

These guys really know how to run a hostel. You're offered coffee/tea whenever and as much as you want during the day, a free bottle of water daily, discounts on tours, and all the information on Prague you could ask for. They even give you guidebooks to borrow. On top of all of this helpfulness, the location and dorms are outstanding. We stayed in the 6 bed room on the second floor. There was wifi throughout, a common area and a kitchen. We also had a nice view onto the foot traffic coming off of Charles Bridge, which is literally right outside the door. There are also a bunch of restaurants nearby, AND a supermarket right across the street. I really can't see myself recommending any other place to stay when in Prague and I can't wait to visit this place again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was travelling alone for the first time so I was quite nervous but I have to say this is one of the most stress-free, easy going vacations I have been on, and a lot of it comes down to this hostel.
The hostel itself is in an unbeatable location - you are within walking distance of most sights, right next to the Charles Bridge, have restaurants, supermarkets and coffee shops nearby and tram/bus/metro stops/stations also nearby.
I stayed in a female dorm which beds seven. At first there were only two of us which increased to four on my last night. The beds were very comfortable and I was able to sleep well - which is rare for me in any bed but my own and when with other people as I am a light sleeper. The bedspread was pretty, you have a lockable cupboard to keep your possessions in, a toilet, sink and shower along with a hairdryer and towel rack (you were provided with a towel).
I had access to a lounge area on the floor I was staying in which boasted a television and computer with internet, and those sofas were seriously comfortable. There was also a kitchen with everything I needed - four hobs, saucepans, frying pans, utensils, cutlery, plates, glasses, mugs, microwave and sink. Excellent facilities.
In addition to these excellent facilities I received excellent service from the staff who were all so friendly and helpful that it really relaxed me. When I first arrived, they were very welcoming, explained about the hostel, it's location, some of the tours they offer (some of which are free), said that I could grab water out of the cooler at anytime for free and use the wifi or the computers down in the tourist information centre. I realised that online information I had read (elsewhere on google) was incorrect and my plug wasn't the right sort and so they kindly lent me an appropriate plug, lent me a lock and key as I hadn't my own, and lent me a guide book of Prague.
When I was not sure about where to go they gave me a map and explained how I get to each place, with good instructions that were easy to follow.
I went to Prague zoo one day and this required me to catch transportation. The information I got was very helpful (I was nervous about using public transport), and incredibly easy to follow and I got there and back with no problem, in fact it was an enjoyable journey.
On my last day, I was in and out, sometimes coming in from the cold to sit on the sofa in the music tour part and play with the cute cat, Wifi, who was playing with my camera strap. While I was waiting for my pick up the staff were incredibly hospitable, talking to me and offering me mulled wine, tea, coffee, insisting I at least had water, offering me use of the computers or television or to wake up the cat.
From start to finish I was ecstatic with both the hostel itself - the facilities, location, etc, and the staff who were all so welcoming, kind and friendly. It really made my already happy visit all the more enjoyable and stress-free!
Thank You all so much I will definitely be returning some time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is the best hostel we stayed at. The staff were fabulous right from the beginning and it offers free wifi, tea, coffee etc. the rooms, linen and amenities were really well equips and clean. The best of all, though, is its location. It is on a gorgeous street in Prague, with a supermarket, good exchange offices, ATM and cheap places to eat across the road. We loved it

Room Tip: We stayed in the private rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Great hostel in an amazing location, nice rooms and good staff.

The hostel is truly in an amazing location right on the tip of the Charles bridge. You can walk to most of te city easily and there's a tram stop within 100m, and a metro station within a km.

The staff were very friendly. On arrival we were given a smorgasbord of useful information, and we could always ask downstairs if we needed to.

The rooms were nice if basic, and the commons rooms were real nice. One day the showers didn't have hot water, but nothing too much to worry about.

Great place,
I recommend.

• Stayed November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was probably the best hostel I stayed in during my trip to Europe. The rooms were clean and we had single beds each with our own lockers. There is a little common room on each floor for guests to mingle and the location was right at the start of Charles Bridge. The staff were excellent, funny and very helpful. You even get great discounts on tours through the hostel. I would recommend the free walking tours and the night time tour as this gives you a better appreciation of the city. Breakfast is not provided however they do offer a discount voucher for a cafe just around the corner which had great food. Everything is so cheap in Prague that this was not a problem. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I decided to go to Prague by myself as part of my bucketlist. I chose Charles bridge Economic hostel precisely because it is situated right beside Charles Bridge. Knowing I was by myself, the staff paid extra attention to my needs-- giving me advice on where to go (and places to avoid), helping me arrange airport transfers, tour guide options, and food choices. The rooms are clean and beautiful and it's a stone's throw away from Charles bridge and other beautiful sights. I truly fell in love with the place and will definitely stay here again the next time I go back to Prague. :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

This hostel is run by a tourist bureau that operate on the ground floor. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The shared female room and mixed dorm are spacious, comfortable and clean with single beds and a decent sized locker for each person. Each shared room has access to a bathroom, spare toilet, free computer and well equipped kitchen and big fridge. Everything you want is included in the price including towel, lock if you need it, a washing machine, map, bottled water, Wifi and great nespresso coffee! I went on several free tours offered by the tourist centre including the walking tour with Lenka (she was very informative and fun) and a ghost tour (also very entertaining). I also went on the half price segway tour with Christian which was also lots of fun. There is a kitten called Wifi available for hugs and play. They can also book cheap taxis which I'd recommend you ask them to arrange if you want private transport.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Charles Bridge Economic Hostel? Share your experiences!