“Nice Ambiance with Decent Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amade Restaurant

Amade Restaurant
Karoliny Svetle 34 | Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace, Prague, Czech Republic (Praha 1)
+420 230 234 316
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #137 of 4,247 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, Central European, International, Café
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining
Neighborhood: Praha 1
Description: Amade is in the heart of the old city of Prague in a superbly renovated baroque "Pachta" palace. The restaurant's name suggests a connection to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Amade being his nickname), who used to spent time in this palace during his visits to Prague. The Amade cuisine is as intriguing and unique as Mozart's music.Visit us for an impressive culinary experience, be it a multi course meal or just a coffee and an amazing plum pie. You can enjoy a beautiful view of the Charles Bridge in a private setting, whether you come for a VIP business lunch or a candlelit romantic dinner. To complement our a la carte menu, we also offer breakfasts and daily lunch menus for a very modest price.Contact us if you would like to book the restaurant for private parties, catering or gift certificates.
Newport Beach, California
“Nice Ambiance with Decent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We came across this restaurant by chance when we were taking our laundry to a laundromat. We walked in because of the tripadvisor rating. The ambiance was nice. The service was great. The food is nothing to rave about; it was decent. The only gripe: we were given only one menu, even though there were two of us.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
East Anglia
“A really good expereince”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went here on 1st January 2014. We had not booked and it was quite late in the evening to be looking for somewhere to eat! I saw the "Trip Advisor" certificate in the window so my husband and I went in. The staff were lovely. They were also knowledgeable about the menu. I chose the two types of pate to start with and followed this with the pork, ginger and honey. Extremely unusually, as I rarely drink beer, I had a draft pilsner with this - it went superbly with each course much to my surprise!!

The pate was simply delicious. The portion was generous ..... and you must ask for the bread to go with it as it does not seem to be presented with bread normally!

The pork .... oh, if only I could replicate this!! It was lovely.

I had a couple of spoonfuls of my husbands desert(!), which was the hot raspberry coulis with homemade ice-cream. I would have had my own portion, had I known it was so good.

The staff were really good. They were attentive and interested in their customers.

I would return here if I visit Prague again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food in Prague”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived without a reservation but early (7.30pm) so easily found a table. The restaurant is in an old palace where Mozart stayed. The menu was interesting with several things that tempted us. I had Foie Gras for starters and Venison for main. My husband had a Parsley Soup for starters and Stuffed Chicken with Mushrooms for main. We drank local white and red wine but skipped dessert.

The food was lovely and service good. The only criticism would be the lack of atmosphere. There were no candles on the tables (the lights were fairly low) and it was pretty empty. If we had arrived at 9pm it would probably have been more lively.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great location and value for money for devine food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I just so happened to come across this restaurant by chance, walking near Charles bridge! The food and ambience of this restaurant was amazing at fair prices! Very friendly and helpful staff! If you were to book a table near the window you'd appreciate the view overlooking the river and the Prague castle! I would come back again for sure!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Widnes, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had two perfectly soft boiled eggs while my bloke had the American breakfast which were both perfectly cooked. There was a slight delay after a mix up with our order, but the waitress brought us complementary fresh fruit pancakes to apologise - completely unnecessary but very welcome!

Visited December 2013