“No way.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jazz Republic

Jazz Republic
28. rijna Street - 1, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
(00420) 224 282 235
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 1,243 things to do in Prague
Prague, Czech Republic
“No way.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you're hungry, stay away. The place looks nice, and I guess all the good reviews come from people who were only there for drinks and/or concerts, and that's okay. But - look at the food photos on their webpage, and in front of the entrance. Looks fresh and good, right? Well, sure, false advertising is a great thing. What you actually get, when you order a "Cheeseburger menu" for 200CZK, is a cheeseburger worth 20CZK, a small muffin, disgusting fries, and a small salad, altogether worth something around 75CZK. Same goes for all the other burgers. How do I know this? Because I would know the taste of Burger King food anywhere. Yeah, that's right. They buy it in the Burger King across the street (check the map, it's literally 10 meters away) for less than a third of the price, and sell it to people for 200CZK as "their" food. Oh, and the pizza? Same deal. There's a fast-food pizza joint like twenty meters away (across from the BK). They buy the pizza there for like 60CZK, and sell it to you for 150CZK. They don't even bother with heating it, so it's cold as balls. Also, they're not very secretive about this. My girlfriend actually saw one of the staff walking in with a pizza box (she just assumed it was for the waiters, but we later realized it was actually for us, since we, as locals, know the taste). This is one of the most disgusting false advertising bs things I've ever come across. I'm going there again, taking pictures (going to post them here with food bought at BK and the pizza joint as proof), and filing a false advertising complaint with the CTIA. Don't be fooled by the nice food pictures.

Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
San Jose, Costa Rica
22 attraction reviews
“Sounds like Jazz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place was better than I expected. It's fairly new and in the underground. It was a little difficult to find because of some construction work, but if you ask around, people can help you find it.

There wasn't a cover charge and in one of the reviews I read that you had to pay for a seat, but I didn't see that. I also saw food there, mostly finger food and pizza. The drinks were a bit expensive, but not over priced. I'd also recommend tipping in this place if you want good service. I got to the bar first, however, two men came in after me and got waited on first. It was mostly women working behind the bar. So, guys you'll love this place. I wasn't upset about it, it was just a little funny (tables turned sort of thing). I didn't have to wait too long.

The staff spoke English and were friendly. The music was fairly good. It was kind of like pop and jazz mixed, but they have different bands playing throughout the week. I'll probably go back again to see the other bands. They have a regular line up for the month, so if you like one band, you have a chance to see them again.

It was little smoky in the place, but I've heard that there will soon be a ban on smoking in public areas in Prague. The other thing I wasn't crazy about was one guy kept whistling when he liked a song. It was that loud, blow through your fingers, outdoor whistle. This place is a little upscale for something like that, and I wished someone would have said something to him about it. It got annoying after awhile.

Other than that, I think I would recommend this to couples, friends, and even a nice place to be after work. It had a bit of an older crowd. I didn't see a lot of people under the age of 20 that night. And it had a full bar, which also had a nice size photo of the owner (I'm assuming) hanging up over it.

Visited February 2013
CRAWLEY
3 attraction reviews
“Amzing hidden little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stumbled on this place while drunk and cold! We went back every night as every night you get a different quality musician. Billiant jazz singers and thier bands.
Cant speak highly enough of this friendly place - great beers here too! Even thier own brew!

Visited January 2013
Bucharest, Romania
4 attraction reviews
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Probably the best thing about Jazz Republic is that there is no entrance fee for the concerts. The drinks are a little more expensive, though (comparing to other blues/jazz clubs I've visited). A big room with a small stage and really nice music. The place is crowded with both locals and tourists of all ages. It's a nice place to have a drink and enjoy some good music.

Visited October 2012
Jerusalem, Israel
“Good jazz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

After getting used to the smoke, enjoyed the selection of beer and good jazz / blues. Good place to spend after dinner elsewhere. No cover charge for music and no food served here other than simple snacks. Band of about 8 played some big-band brass and blues. Lots of fun - worth visiting.

Visited October 2012