“This is the best way to see & experience Prague” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 281 Activities in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: The most popular Prague tour is the private overview tour. You see most of the beautiful sights in just a half a day, leaving the other half to explore on your own or go inside a place you especially liked such as the Jewish Quarter sites or the Prague Castle Royal Palace. There are lots of tours I offer though, just go to my website and choose. I have lived and worked in the USA, Germany. Sweden and now live in Prague. This has given me a great opportunity to understand other cultures and people. Prague is a beautiful, historical city and it will be a great pleasure for me to show it to you.
Easton, CT USA
“This is the best way to see & experience Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am so happy I read all the previous reviews on Trip Advisor regarding Prague Private Overview Tours and took their advise and booked a private tour with Hana. While all the other tourists were in huge lines with a guide out in front trying to scream loud enought to be heard by the group, my husband and I were the only people with our tour guide Hana. It is simply the only way to see the city and learn about it's fascinating histroy. Hana was professional, interesting, and very pleasant to spend two day's with. She was so informative about the history of Prague and all the best sites to visit. I highly recommend that you spend a bit more to do this private tour. You won't be sorry!

Visited July 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Private tour of Prague by Ivana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Ivana guided our group on a three day tour of Prague and surrounding areas over a three day period. We always use a guide in a first time city. We found her to be among the best we have ever worked with. She speaks English, Spanish and Czech. Her contact information is ivana_k@volny.cz.

Visited May 2013
Manila, Philippines
35 attraction reviews
“Great tour with Blanka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My family and I booked a private tour with Prague PG and Blanka, our tour guide, was informative and helpful. We booked a 1-day tour from Prague to Kutna Hora where we visited the Konopiste Castle, St. Barbara's Cathedral, The Italian Court, and The Ossuary. We also like how her English was easier to understand since she grew up in the US before moving back to the Czech Republic. I wouldn't go into too many details but we will definitely recommend this tour to or family and friends who will be visiting Prague.

Visited May 2013
Waterford, Ireland
24 attraction reviews
“2 tours were the highlight of visit to Prague!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Booked two tours with Prague Private guides on our visit to Prague: the Terezin Day Tour and the Group Segway tour.

The Group Segway tour took 3 hours and was with Martin. We could not have asked for a more fantastic tour guide: he was so nice and friendly, had perfect English, so knowledgable, he adapted the tour to suit what we had already seen in Prague and despite the freezing cold weather he never let his patience, enthusiasm and kindness falter. It was a group tour we booked but we were actually the only 2 on it, which was great for us!

The Segways did not take long to get used to, we practised for a few minutes in the tour departure point while Martin explained safety and practical info to us. We had so much fun on the Segways and we made various stops all over the city covering far more ground in 3 hours than would be possible on foot from John Lennon Memorial, Old Town, Petrin Hill, Wenclesas Square and Jewish Quarter and other places we would not have got to on our own!!

Segway Tour was definitely the highlight of our Prague trip, well worth the 59 euros and we would like to thank Martin for making this so!

The Terezin Tour was also excellent, of course in a different way. Although booked with this website, they sub-contract it to another group which Blanka explained in her correspondance to me. This was no problem: The Martin tour bus collected us at our hotel and brought us to both Terezin camps, Jewish Ghetto Museum and to Jewish cemetery. It is about an hours drive away and our guide Michelle was great. I think it was very convenient to do it as part of a guided tour as all of the places are quite a bit of distance apart would have been difficult to figure out where to go and and it was great to have the guide to tell us information too as otherwise wouldnt really have known what were looking at. There was 4 of us in the mini bus. The tour left at 9:30 and returned at 2.

Terezin is not a death camp like Auschwitz, but a ghetto where 150,000 Jews were imprisoned before they were transferred to concentration camps elsewhere. It is an eerie and harrowing place to visit.

Visited March 2013
Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Will ALWAYS book a private tour in a new foreign city after this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

On the recommendation of a friend who traveled to Prague two weeks before us, we contacted Blanka to arrange our own private overview tour. She was delightful! Blanka arrived at our hotel while we were still having breakfast and joined us for a cup of coffee. We shared with her our intersts and what we hoped to see and she made it happen.

One of the best things about a guide from the city you are visiting is the orientation to the transit system. Blanka explained how to purchase tickets for the trams, subways and busses. We traveled by tram to St. Stephen's Cathedral and arrived in time to see the beginning of a ceremony to beatify six Polish martyrs. We would have had NO IDEA what was going on if not for Blanka and her ability to speak German, Czhech and some Polish.

Four hours flew by--Blanka has a delightful personality; fluently speaks English (lived in California for a while); and made some wonderful recommendations for restaurants. We were in Prague for such a short time we would have missed SO much without spending time with Blanka. I cannot recommend her highly enough. In fact, the experience was so great, I asked if she knew of anyone in Budapest that provided a similar service. Her recommendation for that city was ALMOST as good as her!

Visited October 2012

Been to Prague Private Overview Tour? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Prague Private Overview Tour, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.