“Great Prague Castle tour experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caput Regni Private Tours

Caput Regni Private Tours
Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 275 Tours & Activities in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: Private guided tours run by Caput Regni team of fully-licensed, enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgeable Czech guides. Apart of General sightseeing tours around the city to discover the most famous Prague sights, we also specialize on popular Off-the-beaten track tours (Zizkov quarter, Vysehrad fortress, Troja chateau) and/or tours focused on a special topic (Jewish Museum tour, Architecture and contemporary street art tour, Communist legacy tour, Czech culture and Czech cuisine tour...etc). We focus on Tailor-made entertaining tours for families with children and young adults, too. We also arrange: Private day trips outside Prague. Private car/minivan transfers to European cities. Languages of tours: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
Dayton, Ohio
“Great Prague Castle tour experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I visited Prague in Jan 2014 as part of a group of 6 travelers. The 6 of us did a 3 hour private tour of Prague Castle with Marketa. Overall, the tour was definitely a great experience. Marketa is a very knowledgeable and friendly tour guide and had lots to tell us on our 3 hour tour of the castle complex. Her English was great--we had no problems understanding her at any point during the tour.

Booking the tour was very quick and easy. Marketa was very quick to respond to emails throughout the booking process. She was also very flexible and willing to accommodate my travel group throughout both the booking process and the tour itself. She met us in our hotel lobby for the start of the tour.

At the end of the tour, Marketa suggested a restaurant near the Charles Bridge for lunch. She offered to take us there, and when we arrived at the restaurant, she spent a good 15 minutes giving us recommendations for restaurants, bars, and attractions and marking them on our map before she left. We really appreciated this, especially since I think our tour was technically over at that point. The food at the restaurant was very good and relatively cheap as well.

Overall, I think that our tour was excellent and of great value--the hourly rate for a 6 person private tour was very reasonable. If I ever come back to Prague, I would take another tour with Marketa. I would recommend Caput Regni and especially Marketa to anyone visiting Prague.

Visited January 2014

Prague, Czech Republic
“Literary Prague with an amazing guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had a great Sunday afternoon led by Marketa on the streets of Prague full of stories and legends. Marketa is an amazing person, very knowledgeable and insightful. She covered excellently the literary part of the tour talking about the brightest personalities of Czech, but she also provided further hints into beautiful places worth visiting. As part of the tour we also went to a literary Café where we treated ourselves with some delicious tea and listened to stories of Peter Sis. At the end, Marketa provided us with brochures and flyers to different interesting places in Prague and also suggestion on what souvenirs we could bring home.

Thank you very much, Marketa.

Visited January 2014
“Anazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My partner and I used Marketa for a private walking tour of the city.
What an amazing guide and now also friend for life.
Great knowledge of the city.
Tour was very personal and customised to our needs. Showed us all the places off the beaten track. Also had a great lunch with her.
A must when visiting my most favorite city in Europe.

Visited May 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My family have hired Marketa for a tour around the Jewish quarter in Prague however we have no Jewish origin. My family is Czech and my Mum and Dad are very keen in history. Unfortunately, during the Communist regime, some historical facts were not interpreted in a correct way and we haven't studied much about the history of Jewish people living in Central Europe. Marketa took us around 5 synagogues where exhibitions were displayed about the history of the Medieval Jewish settlement, Jewish traditions, famous Jewish culture personalities etc. We have also visited the ancient Old New Synagogue which is in service until today and the Old Jewish cemetery which is a unique preserved sight in Prague. Marketa was a great guide, she adjusted the tour to our needs and interests and recommended a nice local restaurant at the end of the tour as we aren't locals in Prague and were visiting this wonderful city just for one day.

Visited October 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Brilliant tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

On 19 September 2013, my friend and I arrived in Prague. We had a tour booked with Marketa and we had a wonderful experience. She is so knowledgable and really have a tour tailor made to fit our requirements. Before we knew it , it was sadly time to say goodbye. Marketa introduced us to the best Prague has to offer and it was wonderful to explore the city on foot. We thoroughly enjoyed it and i can truly recommend Marketa

Visited September 2013