“Enjoying your trip more, with a good local guide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caput Regni Private Tours

Caput Regni Private Tours
Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 243 Tours & Activities in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Private guided tours run by Caput Regni team of fully-licensed, enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgeable Czech guides. Apart of General sightseeing tours around the city to discover the most famous Prague sights, we also specialize on popular Off-the-beaten track tours (Zizkov quarter, Vysehrad fortress, Troja chateau) and/or tours focused on a special topic (Jewish Museum tour, Architecture and contemporary street art tour, Communist legacy tour, Czech culture and Czech cuisine tour...etc). We focus on Tailor-made entertaining tours for families with children and young adults, too. We also arrange: Private day trips outside Prague. Private car/minivan transfers to European cities. Languages of tours: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
San Jose, California
“Enjoying your trip more, with a good local guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

36 hours in Prague is not much time, especially if it's your first time, you don't speak Czech, and you don't want to spend your day hoping your guidebook is good enough. You'll probably have fun, sure, but will it be worth the trip?

This was the case for me, as Prague was a brief excursion on a multi-city trip thru western Europe. And having spent more time in other cities on the trip, I can honestly say that I saw much more of Prague, than I did in other cities, even having spent 2-3x as long in those places.

Marketa is the person behind Caput Regni Private Tours, and I don't see a single positive comment that I'd disagree with; she's incredibly responsive, helpful, and simply runs an excellent business. Likewise, the guides who work with her, seem to deserve their positive reviews. My tour (a 6hr day) was with Lea, and clearly enjoyed being there to provide a tour, and amongst our informal discussion, was very complimentary of Marketa.

Is it worth it? Well, it's not cheap, but it depends what you want to get out of Prague. For me, yes, it was. It would've been a rather boring detour with cheap beer; instead, I listed my goals, we did a fairly expansive tour, and enjoyed the conversation in between. Had a good time all around, and would do it again.

Bottom line, if you think a local guide - and not just a "hop on / hop off bus" - will be a benefit, then I have no hesitation in saying, talk to Marketa, and know that you'll have a much better time in Prague.

Prescott, Arizona, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Get to know the real Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you really want to see the real Prague, you should hire Marketa. For two days she took my wife and I around the City. She arranged for us to have a private tour into the Strahov Monastery library and see thousands of first edition books some of them handwritten before the printing press was invented. Did you know that some of the older statues in Prague have been stored away in a tunnel underneath the Peter & Paul Cathedral to preserve them? She incorporated legends and history of all the sites she took us to. My wife is especially interested in art & architecture which is plentiful in Prague. These are just a few of the places we explored with Marketa which helped make this visit a memorable one. Marketa is college educated, friendly, enthusiastic, speaks perfect English and really knows her city and its history.

Valkeakoski, Finland
“Castle tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were heading to Prague once again, this time with our two friends. As the friends were first timers in Prague I was thinking they would need at least a proper tour in the Prague Castle. The provider would be "Caput Regni" for sure because of my previous experience. Such professional and personal touch you cannot find in one of those run of the mill tour companies you usually bump into in brochures at the hotel receptions.
Marketa took us from the hotel to the Castle premises by tram. My favourite tour guide explained historical details and facts to our newbies in our short tram ride.
We went to the St Vitus Cathedral, the Old Royal palace, and the St Georges basilica, including a coffee break in a local cafe. After a while I realized that three hours had gone! Although it was my third visit (at least) to the Prague castle, I was so charmed by the interesting tour and by our excellent guide Marketa! Our friends were more than happy about the tour, afterwards they gave me even some recognition for arranging the tour. I think they did not believe there is such a pleasant and professional but yet very personal tour guide to exist! How wrong they were... :)

Visited March 2013
Waterloo, Belgium
“3 hour Prague Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with EVA from Caput Regni Private Tours. She was super knowledgeable and great with our little ones. We only did a 3 hour tour, but I felt we got to see quite a bit and learned a great deal even in that amount of time. If we didn't have two little ones in tow then we would have loved to do a longer tour that visited the castle district. We would highly recommend this tour group and their services to ANYONE! Thanks, Eva for a lovely tour and outing...even when our little ones became restless :)

West Hartford, Connecticut
“A wonderful guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent two mornings with Marketa, one in the Old Town and Jewish Quarter, and another in the Castle District. She is very smart, charming and informative. She speaks excellent English. Our tour included so much more than just the expected sites and information - she really provided a window into life in 21st century Prague. We are very grateful to her. We recommend her to others without qualification.

Visited March 2013

Been to Caput Regni Private Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Caput Regni Private Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.