“Interactive dance and folk music show with dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #458 of 4,243 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Porto Alegre, RS
“Interactive dance and folk music show with dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

First of all, let me justify why I gave four stars instead of five for U Marcanu.

Maybe (probably) it was not their fault, but we bought a dinner with a folk show, and that was our expectation. What we got was the other way round.

What really happens is a folk show with a three-course meal (starter, hot dish and dessert) and free beer (non-alcoholic, I presume), Becherovka (great), soft drinks, water, wine, champagne and coffee. The meal itself was very good, but not outstanding. That, in itself, is no problem at all, but I'd rather have it advertised as a folk music and dance show with a meal and free beverages.

The place is great, service is very good, the folk band, singers and dancers are fantastic. If you are into traditional music and dance shows, this is the place for you. If you like interactive shows, where the singers and dancers pull people on stage, by all means, go for it :)

Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person that likes to watch shows, but not to participate. I would be very glad if there was a polite way to say "no, thank you, I don't do dances".

The audience is composed of people from various countries, and that makes the experience even more fascinating. The band leader is an extremely gifted musician, and she knows how to communicate with each group in its own language.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Romania
“The best Xmas party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I was here on Xmas Eve and it was just great. Nice atmosphere, good serving, tasty traditional food. These fetive dinners are mainly organized for tourist so don't expect to meet locals but the staff do their best to enetertain you. they have everything: good Czech music, great singers/dancers and a folk band. They amazed us with their skills of playing various, strange musical instruments but they also had an interactive part where tourists learned to dance. It was so much fun, I really liked it and it was worth every penny (we paid about 57 euros/person, including the commission of our travel agency).
So if you want to have fun and taste the Czech cuisine, this is the perfect place!
Congrats everybody for he great job you did!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“A fun night!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

While in Prague we were fortunate to enjoy a traditional CZECH NIght at this restaurant.

The food was wonderful, the entertainment very refreshing and fun and all the wine and beer you wished was included. We booked our reservation thru "Prague Experience" and they picked us up at the hotel. It truly was a high point of our time in Prague!!! I would certainly recommend this as a fun night while in Prague!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere