“Probably the best food I had in Prague” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #229 of 2,849 restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Probably the best food I had in Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I hunted this place out after seeing it on TripAdvisor. Being veggie, I had to pancake stuffed with spinach and onion (with generous amounts of garlic as it turned out), baked with cheese. What I dreaded getting was a sloppy canelloni-style dish with more sauce than pancake. Oh I was so wrong! The cheese was genuinely baked on top and the filling was incredible. I don't know how they made spinach taste THAT good! Having tried other dishes elsewhere, even in a vegetarian restaurant, I think this was the best dish I had all trip. My husband had the Goulash and I think he probably agrees. Wish we'd gone back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere was quite and cozy, the food was was great (I had the goulash), and the service was fantastic. This was a great place to eat lunch and I'm certain dinner as well, a great find, a perfect conclusion to our visit to the castle.

Cunha
“Nice option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This restaurant is close to Prague Castle. The food is good and the menu is presented in multiple languages​​. The graçons speak good English. The service was fast and we did not have to wait long for the meal. Good Czech cuisine

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great Czech Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We had the Prague Ham and sausage to start with the Bohemian Plate to share for main. Washed down with plenty of pilsner and frankovka. Only downfall was that we were the only diners but they couldn't do more to accommodate us and we didn't feel pressured at any time. Food was great and the beers were cold. All in all a great place for traditional Czech food!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best restaurant in Prague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

U Labuti is the Best Restaurant in Prague!
The meals are excellent taste, food is prepared from fresh quality ingrediends and their chef is the God!!! I ate in many places in Prague, but U Labuti is my number one, because of the tasty food, excellent wine, very reasonable prices, professional service, beautiful stylish interriors and great location next to the castle!If u r visiting Prague you have to eat in this place to find out how delicious czech traditional food is!!! What ever I had tasted there ( Svickova, gulash, duck, fish, mushrooms with gnocky ) I loved it! So often I get so full so I missed the desert, but if u go there you really should try it!!! Appelstrudel is simply so amazing...Restaurant is on front of Prague castle so after visiting castle is so convenient to go there.And despite of the fancy location of this place prices are for local people!!! So good for the value!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere