“great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rudolfinum

Rudolfinum
Alsovo Nabrezi 12 | Prague 1, Prague 110 01, Czech Republic (Praha 1)
(+420) 227 059 227
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$34*
and up
Ranked #21 of 277 Attractions in Prague
Type: Art Galleries, Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Symphonies, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Cultural
Surabaya, Indonesia
19 attraction reviews
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my first classical concert experience and I am glad I decided to go.
There were people handing out flyers as I walked to have breakfast around Jewish Quarter. Took one and had a glance at the programme, not bad selection so I went inside to enquire about ticket prices. There are 3 different prices, the cheapest one was 700 Kr. However, the lady explained that if we purchase before 11am, we will get discount of 200 Kr. The concert lasted roughly 80 minutes so it was worth it. The seating area is not elevated so if you choose to sit at the back then you won't be able to see the performance unless you are really tall.
Acoustic was amazing and I thorougly enjoyed it. They may have more performances in the Spring/Summer period but when I was there, it was only weekend (winter).
Location is very close to Staromestska train station and there are also tram number 17, 18 and 53 that stops nearby.

Seattle, Washington
“Great Concert hall; lots of blocked views...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a great place to listen and see a concert. A beautiful old concert hall from the Habsburg era. Lovely acoustics, which is nice if you've got one of the fair number of (very cheap) seats with blocked views due to interesting placement of gorgeous columns in the hall.

sfo
10 attraction reviews
“Go to the main hall - great acoustics, beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very glad I attended a concert in the main hall; I also went to peek into the second hall (where they had a tourist concert) and there was no comparison. Everything was better about the main hall. It's beautiful and the acoustics was great. Bonus was that checking items into the cloakroom was free and they have programs in English.

Two reasons I didn't give it 5 stars. Felt tourists were singled out to check items into the cloakroom. I saw a tourist asked to have her purse, which was normal-sized, checked in while I saw other ladies able to carry their giant purses in. I, as well as a few other tourists, was forced to have jackets checked in; I ended up freezing in the concert hall. I do not normally carry a purse so I had to carry everything by hand (passport, money, cards, etc). Yes, they have posted rules but many other people were allowed to wear their jackets into the hall. Rules for the Opera House was more lenient.

Secondly, I went there early. I'm used to concert halls opening their doors at least an hour before the performance. A couple people were quite rude to me because of this. Simply telling me when the doors would open would have sufficed instead of snapping at me and giving me dirty looks.

London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Impressive concert hall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Sadly, we weren't able to attend a concert here and so didn't see inside the building. However, the outside is very impressive.

Visited February 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
80 attraction reviews
“Great sound and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

You will enjoy the musical performanced to maximum in this place with undescribable magic and acoustic. If you come by subway, use Staromestska station. There is also good parking place -=right underneath the square. Dont miss the Prague Spring festival - each year in May also in Rudolfinum

Visited November 2012