“Below average food and terrible cocktails” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Italiano Buschetto

Ristorante Italiano Buschetto
Vaclavske namesti 39 110 00, Prague, Czech Republic (Praha 1)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #953 of 4,245 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Praha 1
Description: In the middle of St Wenceslas Square
“Below average food and terrible cocktails”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Two cocktails ordered which should be avoided: Mojito and Bloody Mary. The Mojito contained two limes, no sugar and was extremely sour. I returned it (first time ever I return a drink, but the restaurant must have done a mistake). The waiter was friendly and replaced the drink without any fuss. The replacement tasted much better although it now all of a sudden contained some cola or pepsi. Drinkable though.The Bloody Mary tasted wrong so my husband did not finish it (has never happend before).
The Pasta Carbonara was below average - not fresh at all and it took some effort to chew it. Gnocci was tasteless and disgusting - not appetizing at all. Totally overprized food and drinks. Servants were polite and prompt - the only positive thing to say about this restaurant.

• Slovak first
  • Turkish first
“Excellent for the price ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Sympathetic welcome by a waiter in pirate disguise.
Nice place well situated.
Excellent food.
Good service.
And all of that for a reasonable price.

ΑΘΗΝΑ
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I was meaning to go somewhere else but we step on this place and we decided to tried it. it looked ok so we took the risk. we ate a pizza a salad and gnockey. we also ordered some wine 0,5lt from their own. the food came on the right time and the pizza was very good and also the gnockeys.the place was also full with a lot of people and many more were coming all the time and the music was ok. generally the atmosphere was nice. the girl also in the front welcomed us with a big smile. she was very friendly at all times and both she and the waitor asked how was the food. the thing that i didnt like at all and is the reason not to go there again was that i was charged for the wine about 20 euros! it was not a bottle of wine just a half litter from the house wine. usually in Greece this costs around 5 euro.didnt say anything but when it was the time to pay the waitor asked me for a tip. I tried to leave him 25 Kc. when he saw the money he told me it is only 1 euro! and then of course i told him about the price of the wine which i found it unacceptable and more unacceptable was that he asked me for a tip and much much more that he had an opinion of how much the tip should be.of course at the end he didnt get anything. i am from greece and these things never happen. u leave whatever u have as a tip or nothing and nobody will say anything or ask you for a tip. and i was wondering all that time in the restaraunt that everything were going very well in comparison to the things i am reading for czech people and generally the service at the restaurants here in Prague. the waitor there reminded me that i am in Czech where a lot of people dont know how to behave to foreigners and they dont know what hospitality means. i would suggest him to come in greece and see what this word means.if u go there just get a pizza. the place is nice but not something special

Dublin
“TOP RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were very impressed with this restaraunt and couldn't fault it for value, service and of course the lovely food!

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Buschetto is a warm, friendly place to enjoy a meal. The service was good and the food was enjoyable; it was just lacking that little 'something' that I can't put my finger on. My girlfriend and I had a pizza each which we both enjoyed. We went at about 9pm after the opera and all in all, I'd say it was a good meal that I'd recommend as a quick bite to eat but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit for a romantic meal if it's the focal point of your evening.

I would say that Buschetto is better than average but not quite very good. I didn't want to give it a four for 'very good' but I feel a little harsh rating it a three so we'll say this is more a 3.5/5.

• Visited December 2012