“Don't expect service any time soon” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kamenny Stul

Kamenny Stul
Staromestske 17/551, 18/550, Prague, Czech Republic (Praha 1)
+420 224 234 265
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,447 of 4,245 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Praha 1
San Antonio, Texas
“Don't expect service any time soon”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Good view on the square but also the WORST restaurant on the square. I sat down and was completely ignored by the wait staff. After 30 minutes they finally decided to give me a menu after I asked numerous times. 30 minutes later I finally got my beer and another 30 minutes later came my simple appetizer. The all male waiters spent more time eating, smoking and drinking their beer than waiting on customers. They even paid more attention to the very terrible and drunk local doing an "American Indian" dance. This place sets a new low for European dining service. There is a reason why there were so many empty seats here compared to the full tables at the other restaurants. Simply AVOID. Go to the restaurants next to them. Much better service and food!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great view...and that's about it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We just pulled into town and were starving so we stopped by here for lunch since it was nice out and had a great view of the old town. That's about the end of the good. Initially service was great, 3 different servers asked for drink orders and food but once we ordered we pretty much were left alone until the food and drink was dry. The food btw was average and overpriced. We had to ask for the check 3 times before I finally walked over to the servers station to get it. What did I leave for a tip? Nothing, they took care of that for me by adding a 19% service charge.

If you just want a lazy beer with a killer view of the square...go for it. Otherwise avoid avoid avoid.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Perfect Venue for People Watching”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Prices will be a little higher in any of the main square outdoor cafes. With this in mind we had a front row outdoor table which was excellent for people watching. The service was very good as was the food. We had sausage and cabbage salad, caesar salad with chicken and a basket of bread, a large beer and sparkling water for $35 including tip. We would recommend this cafe especially for first time visitors..

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Malmo, Sweden
“Survives becuse superior position”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Located in Old Town in Prague, one of the most beautiful places we might have in Europe.
We chose to eat our last meal on holiday in Prague in the Old Town Square, and we chose Kamenny Stul was mostly a coincidence.
We chose all three a piece of meat with French fries.
Unfortunately, we were disappointed with what we had hoped would be the culinary highlight of dinner in Prague.
I chose "well done" on my piece of meat, yet it was bloody in the middle. It's not something you expect when you put out some extra money for good food.

Staff were friendly.
The toilets were clean.

But my advice is to eat something good anywhere else in Prague and then maybe visit Kamenny Stul for a beer. For beer and other alchohol the restaurant have ok prices, a 40 cl Budvar for 40kc, 33 cl Heineken in the bottle for 75kc. Sure there are cheaper in town, but hardly with such breathtaking views offered here.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty good food, great locale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Prague and wanted to try a restaurant located right on Old Town Square, and just wandered in to the Kamenny Stul.

It wasn't very busy so getting a table right at the window was a snap and the waiter arrived right away to provide prompt, courteous service. We ordered meals from the very reasonably priced indoor menu, and the food was served in a timely fashion.

The atmosphere wasn't bad, and it was beautiful to be able to look out on the fabulous square. The food was pretty good, and for the price I don't think we could have done better.

Not sure what the other reviewers had, but our experience was a pretty pleasant one, other than the smoker outside of the window whose cigarette smoke kept wafting in, but that's not the restaurant's fault. Worth dining at.

• Visited March 2012