“Great experience in Prague..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Rainer Maria Rilke

Restaurant Rainer Maria Rilke
Karoliny Svetle 25, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
+420 222 221 414
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 4,195 Restaurants in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
“Great experience in Prague..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Me and my boyfriend had a dinner at this restaurant.We chose this place according to trip advisor's high ratings..and we really enjoyed it!It felt really cosy from the first moment.The food was more than good according to our taste.We had for appetizer the roasted goat cheese with vegetables(great,great,great!),the mushroom soup(just perfect!)and the chicken soup(delicious!)..Our main course was yummy as well..For dessert I truly recommend the lemon handmade sorbet..At last I have to say that the service was absolutely PERFECT.The waiter made us feel welcome from our first strep into that place.His service was really(and I mean REALLY)fast but not in an anxious way although there were a lot of other costumers(they looked more than satisfied too!)..Simply,a very positive and caring person.The price was normal by the way.More value than money,to be honest!See you soon..Best regards..

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Finger Lakes
“So Nice, We Ate There Twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was right next to The Hotel Leonardo, where we stayed for a week in January. It was recommended by the hotel staff for authentic Czech food, and I also confirmed that on Tripadvisor before we went over. The food, atmosphere and service were excellent, and the prices are very reasonable. I do suggest getting reservations, as it is small, and all the tables seemed to have "Reserved" signs on them. I highly recommend R.M. Rilke's.

Visited January 2014
“Delicious food, cosy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

It's a wonderful traditional restaurant with a friendly staff and delicious food. The goulash and the chicken filled with salmon in a mango sauce were excellent! The interior is beautiful, especially old paintings on the walls. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Best dining experience in Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

What a lovely place. We enjoyed our first experience so much we went again the second night and I've never done that before. The restaurant inside is lovely, dimly lit, not too many tables, very warming.The Goulash, Duck and the Deer was excellent so too was the bottle of red we managed to get through.

I would highly recommend you give all the restaurants in the Old Town Square a miss and go here - booking essential. A stones throw from Charles Bridge. This place was mine and my wife's favourite in Prague.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Prague, Czech Republic
“Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

It's a lovely restaurant in a quaint location. And the service was superb. The house wine also. And I can't fault the food....but it was unmemorable and average. The starters of smoked salmon & cheese were uninspiring. The portion of goulash was small whereas my husbands duck was huge! The meat in both was delicious but both dishes were served with identical reheated dumplings and overall gave the impression of being "fast food". As I say, not a bad meal at all but have had better in Prague & wouldn't rush back.