“Great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plzenska Restaurace The Municipal House

Plzenska Restaurace The Municipal House
Namesti Republiky 5, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
+420 222 002 770
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #791 of 4,196 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Located in the cellar of the Municipal house, we love the food in this restaurant so left it to our last night to go there as our treat night. Showed up and it was closed for a private party. What a heart sinking moment. Then we realised that they had set up temporary in another hall on the other side of the american bar. Not the same atmosphere and no live music, but the food was just the same excellent Czech food as always. From the Prague ham, the goulash, to the beef and dumplings in sauce. Brilliant. Would recommend you try it if looking to sample authentic Czech food and beer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
Centurion
“Beautiful surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

A beautiful restaurant close to Palladium. Live music when we were there, quite good. They didn't have my favorite beer, but the pilsner more than compensated. As a little group we had quite a variety of dishes - all were very good. A little on the pricey side compared to others, but to be expected due to its location I suppose. The one thing that was a little irritating was the waiter offering Becherovka & slivovitz at least 5 times during the meal. All in all we had a very pleasant evening. Having someone who speaks Czech in the group was a definite plus!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Northwich
“A must Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was our second visit to the Plzenska. the setting is superb with interesting decor The food is a mixture of traditional and simple cooking with pictures of most dishes in the Menu, it id excellently cooked and well presented at a reasonable price. The staff are friendly, helpful and have a sense of humour with our lack of their language and customs . We would not visit Prague without eating here.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Huge beer hall in splendid surroundings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We met some friends at the beer hall - the food was okay, the service was okay, nothing special - I prefer the Kolkova group's pubs.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
“Beautiful, fun and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

When visiting Prague the Municipal house is a beautiful piece of architecture and therefore it's very cool to eat inside and find one the most AMAZING beer halls I have ever seen! The art nouveau is just fantastically beautiful. I visited with a group of students who are all studying abroad and our tour guide agreed it is one of his favorite places to eat while in Prague. Being a student, I have a certain expectation of low prices and while the place wasn't cheap (certainly not for Prague) I was also not upset with the prices and every bite that I had from my plate or a friends seemed worth the value. Again, I am a student, so maybe I don't have the highest standards of eating but I thought the food was delicious and the portion sizes were great! The place was not busy and there was live music which was a lot of fun. The only slight downside was our waiter was a bit grumpy but other tables did not run into this issue.
If you are in Prague I would definitely recommend going!

• Visited November 2013