“fantastic place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of U Sedmi Svabu

U Sedmi Svabu
Janksy Vrsek 14 | Mala Strana, Prague, Czech Republic (Praha 1)
Website
Neighborhood: Praha 1
La Linea de la Concepcion, Spain
“fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We found this place accidently and got interested by the medieval atmosphere and music. We liked the place, the beer and service. All the personal was very friendly and helpful. We also were lucky to see the dance show, which was amazing! The food was tasty too.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
“Great Food, Cold Beer and what an environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

You'll eat well here, there is plenty of selection no matter what your taste - if you're the 'when in Rome type - the goulash was the best we found. The restaurant itself is beautiful, you've pretty much stepped back 400 years when you walk in the door.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Try the roasted goose livers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

So my Cousin took me here for the first time in the summer of 2012 and we just had a few beers and some Pork Lard and also some Liver Pate that each came with Rye bread to spread it on. Both are very rich but great for drinking. He likes the place but it's not his favorite so I am usually by myself when I go there now. I love the atmosphere of this place. It has very low lighting as it is lit primarily by candles and the walls are adorned with hops and barley. I was there in March of this year kicking it solo, it was just below freezing and I had been doing some pub hopping around the castle area so I went in for a little snack and a warm up. Most seats were taken so I sat down on one of the tables with a group of people which is a pretty common thing to do in most Czech restaurants so don't feel as if you are intruding. Just ask permission first. The roasted Goose Livers here are amazing, I can seriously eat plate after plate of these things, So amazing to have them served like this, It's basically a main course. The Cabbage soup really hits the spot and warms you up but I have to go back for those dang Goose Livers. Very nice waitress and folks are friendly. I have to admit I have never ordered a main course, I usually just get a 2 or 3 appetizers and a bowl of soup with some bread, and beer of course. A word of advice, it tends to get busy at night during the tourist season so you may not find a seat but lunch time until 4 o'clock you should have no trouble finding a table. The front door is also a little tricky so you will have to use some force to make sure it closes securely. Fair prices as well.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Uppsala, Sweden
“Tasty gulash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

A good rustic restaurant with traditional czech food. The gulash was tasty and the interior was quite cool with medieval theme.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Because our hotel was just around the corner we ate here 3 times. Each time the food was excellent and the staff very friendly. The atmosphere is also great. Highly recommended. The roast suck with dumplings, as well as the dessert fruit dumplings were to die for.