“horrible place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Mucha

Restaurant Mucha
Melantrichova 5, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
420 224 225 045
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,312 of 4,272 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Wroclaw, Poland
“horrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were invited by waitres standing in front of the reastaurant. The table wasn't covered and there weren't cutlery. We ordered soup, main dish and dessert. Mucha wasn't crowded and we could get our order so fast but...After sth about 20 minutes we got just a main dish without soup! When we've already eaten, the waiter aproached us asking about dessert and giving (again) Menu. Disapointed we again ordered the dessert (the same) and suddelny it turned out that our previously dessert is ready!... So we didn't get neither soup nore dessert. We were ironed with that situation so we wanted to pay without eating our dessert. The waitres said loud to her manager that we want to leave.After waiting 20 minutes she gived us bill. She brought us the rest laying it with huge crack! Wow! The services so rude and lazy, inside no atmosphere, and there was no care about your comfort. I'm afraid, but i don't recommend Mucha to anyone. What a pitty - i would like to be everything perfect in Prague.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Prague, Czech Republic
“got cheated by the waiter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

i went for dinner with my family today. when we were looking at the menu which displayed at the outside of the restaurant, a waiter came approached and explained, saying that they are having promotion now, 1 menu for 2 person which including 2 sets of each dish. it sounds very big portion. and i have 5 people with me. therefore, i asked the waiter if we can have it like 1 menu for 5 people. there was another waiter said that's impossible. when we were about to leave, the waiter who approached me kept saying: don't worry, it's not a problem, come, just follow me. and i repeated to him that i just want 1 menu.

everything went smooth, services were fine.

but when the bill came, it's double of the price! when i asked the waiter, he said that i ordered 2 menus. and saying that's impossible 1 menu for 5 people. but i only ordered 1 menu!!

when i asked the waiter who said that's no problem etc.. he kept denied on what he had said!

be aware with the waiters people! they can just persuade u in and put the different orders.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“hidden gem near the old town square”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I know this place has had mixed reviews and at times I can see why. We have eaten here every time we have been in Prague and never been disappointed. There's no doubt in the last seven years things have changed, this year there was no elderly lady taking coats for a small cost and the service just isn't as it was. In saying that the food was as delicious as always, reasonable and the service still very good and friendly. I find that the menu descriptions never do justice to what arrives in front of you which adds even more to my enjoyment of everything I've ever had in this place! I doubt I'll never be in Prague and not eat here, I look forward to it every trip.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asker, Norway
“timetravel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We had a wonderful experience eating at the Mucha! Time stand still, and you are back in the old days. Why does reviewers complain about old furniture and stuffy feeling. This restaurant has kept its charm and old elegance. Close your eyes and imagine Mucha sitting by a table, long dresses and gentlemen dining! I am so happy that not everyone redecorate and makes the world look alike all over. This place has style, and the food and service and price is also excellent. Went in there knowing nothing about Mucha, came out as a Mucha-fan! Thanks for keeping this place old!!!!

• Visited November 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Andover, United Kingdom
“still waiting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

We had seen other reviews about the Mucha and thought we would give it a go.. the Gentleman on the door showed us in and then gestured to us to take any table
3 tables were in use and about 12 were empty. One table was having is order taken as we arrived and the other two were eating.
After waiting what seemed like ages we were asked if we would like to order, we ordered our drinks and when the finaly arrived my wife ordered beef sirloin fillit of steak in a pepper sauce and chips and I had the pork Knee.
Some 40min after ordering our food turned up the pork Knee was just that, with a small bowl of horseradish and mustard to small gurkins and 2 cherry tomatoes.
My wife's meal had dumplings and no chips and the wrong sauce.
The waitress appoligized for the mistake and returned it to the kitchen came back out and told her that it was a gift. she was sent back to the kitchen to get the correct order we were told it would take 20 min.
My wife had another glass of wine(free) whist I ate my dinner and once I had finished and the 20min had elapsed we enquired about my wife's meal
At this point a large group of about 30 turned up and the waitress was now dealing with them. At this point we asked for the manager and the bill we had been in the restaurant for over an hour and my wife was still waiting....so we went to the Dubliner for a stake sandwich

• Visited February 2011