“Lovely posh food at reasonable prices” 5 of 5 stars
Review of School Restaurant and Lounge

School Restaurant and Lounge
Smetanovo nabrezi 22, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
+420 222 222 173
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #155 of 4,271 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: International, Czech
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Explore mysterious nooks and crannies of the world of delicious gastronomic specialties and uncommon culinary experiences. Discover unexpected taste variations and experience eating with all the senses. Visit a convivial venue where time is hidden in the mist of a magic gourmet spell. Welcome to the School restaurant & lounge.
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Lovely posh food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking to have a 'posh' meal while we were in Prague and School did not disappoint! I was spoiled for choice with the menu and could have happily eaten all of it. Food tasted like we had paid a fortune we had three courses each, 1 soft drink, 1 beer and 1 glass of wine for £66 including a tip. Excellent value I thought.

All the food was cooked perfectly (although meat is served, what I would guess as, medium rare (which was perfect for me) unless you ask otherwise). There was a fussy couple next to us and the waiter did all he could to accommodate their needs which I thought was nice. Our service was a bit slow but the atmosphere was lovely but we didn't really notice until the waiter offered us free coffees as an apology.

It is an excellent location right by the base of Charles Bridge. I would recommend booking in advance for dinner as it was very busy, but very tasty.

• Visited March 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Teesside, England
“Great service and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Walked past here on out visit in October but had already eaten and planned to return the following day before our flight home.
On our return over Christmas we called in late afternoon/early evening on the chance of getting a table, luckily we did. Had starters and mains. Garlic soup was a little bit too strong but still nice. Both soups came with a assortment of croutons etc. Pike perch was nice, well cooked and a very large piece of fish. The pork dish just melted. The wine choice was good and had two good bottles of Pinot Grigio. Liqueur coffees after which where good too.
Staff where very attentive but not too much and the food excellent. Would recommend booking as it did get busy.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ondrej_rous, Manager at School Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hallo,
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you have a good time with us.

Boston, MA
“Delicious Food, Excellent Service, Great Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We dined at School because of its proximity to our hotel, Pachtuv Palace, and it certainly lived up to the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. Our waiter was fantastic - friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive without being bothersome. I enjoyed the duck and my fiance found the salmon to be a nice reprieve from the pork and dumpling heavy local fare. The decor is modern and tasteful, although the down-tempo electronic music was on loop and became a bit annoying after awhile. I believe there is a separate lounge/hookah bar area, which may explain the "loungey" music. Otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service. Plus, you can't beat the views of Charles Bridge, the Prague Castle, and river. For two soups, entrees, a bottle of wine, two deserts, and two lattes we paid about $80USD, a pretty amazing deal for the excellent quality.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ondrej_rous, Manager at School Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hallo,
we are sorry for the music. We trying to find optimal solutions of music for the mood of our guests, unfortunately, not everyone's a perfect fit. I hope your next visit will be with better music...... :-)

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Again picked on recommendation of trip advisor, Well worth it.Gourmet food and service for NOT Gourmet prices. Paid approx £50 for Four glasses of wine, two starters, two mains two coffees and a tip. My husband had the beef tartar which he said was excellent, and then the rabbit which was so tender and well cooked. I had the pea soup, again it was beautiful and if that was all I was going to have it would have left me very happy. I had pork tenderloin for my main which although a little bloody for me, was cooked perfectly, I am sure if I had asked them to cook it a bit more it would not have been a problem, but as usual did not think at the time. Excellent and attentive service, nothing too much trouble. Again you would probably need to book in buisier months.

Visited March 2013
Hallo,
thank you for nice review. It is nice to hear such great comments. We are very grateful that you have chosen our restaurant and you had such a nice experience.

Thank you very much!

“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Having looked around for a nice restaurant we found this lovely place. I am milk intolerant and they offered to change any dish to non-dairy. The service was excellent and the feel was fantastic.
It did cost a bit dear but definitely worth going if you want somewhere snazzy.

Would recommend to anyone!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear "jusclack",
thank you for your review. We try our food made ​​from the highest quality ingredients, unfortunately, those are not the cheapest, which must be reflected in the final price of the meal.

Thank you again and we look forward to another visit.