“Average meal” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ceska Hospudka Na Radnici

Ceska Hospudka Na Radnici
Sokolovska 324/14, Prague 190 49, Czech Republic (Praha 7)
+420 725 708 050
Neighborhood: Praha 7
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Average meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We arrived in Prague with the hockey team and had a restaurant reservation at this place. The restaurant was tiny, very warm to the point of wanting to stay outside on the sidewalk since it was so warm in there. The food was ok but nothing to rave about. The bar service was exceptionally slow and difficult to understand the waiter.

• Visited August 2013

Belgrade, Serbia
“Excelent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Pleasant restaurant, good atmosphere
and service, tasty Czech food, dark beer,
cheaper than in the city center.
I'd like to come back again :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prague, Czech Republic
“Excellent food for great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been going to this restaurant for the last five years or so, and was always amazed by the quality of food - indeed, even the lunch menu (varies from 99 CZK - 149 CZK) is prepared and served as if it was a special dish (no wonder this place is crowded during lunchtime). The cuisine is mainly Czech, however, you will always find "international" items like pasta, sandwiches, salads etc on the menu.
The staff is friendly and professional, and has no problems with English, however, especially while rush hours, they might give you less attention than usual, which is perfectly normal.
The restaurant is child-friendly, and has a large outdoors seating area (open only in summer).
The smoking and non-smoking sections are clearly marked and separated, the non-smoking section is more quiet as there are no TV's installed, and is recommended for families; the smoking section has the bar installed and several TV's with sports programs.
I can only recommend this place.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Teesside, England
“Great place. Good service. Visit even if your a tourist.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Visited here twice while staying at Clarion Congress next door. The food was really good and a even better price with big servings. The beer is good too. Gets very busy and mainly seems to be a local crowd. Service was very good and as soon as our drinks where empty we where asked if we wanted more. The staff are very honest. At the end of the first night I gave our server a tip and he said it was too much and gave me change, on the second visit our server did not expect a tip either and went to give us change. Can highly recommend for service, food and atmosphere. We had a half hour conversation wit two Czech guys who could not speak English and we don't speak Czech!!! Very welcoming. See photos for the size of food servings. Beef carpachio and pork spread starters. Pasta and rabbit with potato knochie with dumplings Has a separate non smoking area too.

• Visited October 2012
Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
“1 bad incidence kills it all.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am a doctor working in Czech and I know Czech service industry is not known for its greatness but there is a limit to everything. I have been to this restaurant many times, especially during lunch hours where they serve you great food. I love the food here but today, 25.7.2012 when I was walking out through the door after finishing my meal a waitress who was carrying a tray of drinks just walked passed us (my friend and I) and she bumped my shoulder and dropped a bottle of coke on the floor. She started screaming despite all the tables being full of guests, demanding us to pay in a very rude way, blaming us like we are some low life creatures. First of all, we are the customers, I just gave them a very handsome tip for such a non-existent service because I understand their 'suffering' but to be yelled at for such a matter is seriously ridiculous. Second of all, I do not mind paying her 30 Krown for the coke had she asked us politely. There is no need for yelling and being rude, really. My friend and I just left feeling rather sad because we will never return to this restaurant again even though we really love the food they serve.

• Visited July 2012