“Hearty Czech fare at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ceska Hospudka Na Radnici

Ceska Hospudka Na Radnici
Sokolovska 324/14, Prague 190 49, Czech Republic (Praha 7)
+420 725 708 050
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 7
london
“Hearty Czech fare at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We discovered this restaurant by accident exploring the area behind the Clarion Congress Hotel. I can confirm previous poster's experience of a warm welcome, of separate smoking and non-smoking seated areas and menus in English. They also had promotional weekend menus, although only in Czech.

We returned three times, and would recommend booking, as they were always busy (mainly locals and hotel guests) and were unable to find a table on a fourth visit about 18.00 hours! Our bill for three with drinks averaged 800-850 CK, and the food was delicious, and in typically large portions with many side dishes available, in particular very tasty green beans with English (!) bacon and Gratin potatoes... We can particularly recommend the boneless pork knuckle basted in mustard for 189 CK (only for a hungry carnivore as it comprises 600g of meat), chicken wing platter and the Prawn Fettuchini. Many Czech dishes are served including fried cheeses, rabbit (in Juniper sauce, very nice!) and steak dishes, as well as various pastas.They served well kept draught Pilsner Urqual (37CK for 0.5L), Gambrinus (25CK for 0.5L) & Kozel (sorry can't remember price, but reasonable) and pitchers of different flavoured iced tea as an alternative to fizzy soft drinks. My only (minor) criticism would be you have to give 24 hours notice if you want roast duck, and we found the Bavarian grilled sausages undercooked for our taste, (after extensive prior research in Germany!)

It is easy to locate, up a sloped road (Sokolovska) from Tram 15 stop at Vysocanska, or turn left from Vysocanska metro (line B, direction Cerny Most) and round the corner and up the slope. Alternatively from the shopping centre the middle ground floor exit next to Office Shoes, and down the slope on the right. I would heartily recommend this as an alternative to more expensive central restaurants, and it is easily accessible, being only 9 minutes on the metro from Mustek.

• Visited April 2012

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Czech republic
“One of The Best Restaurants/Pubs in Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Some reviewer says this is typical Czech pub. Hmm, being Czech myself I wish most pubs were like this one! If you are a tourist who wants to try Czech cuisine at its best but yet for affordable price, this restaurant is a must. We have been there numerous times, the meals are always very good, the staff is verry effecient and friendly, good beer. Both smoking and non-smoking rooms available. Just go and see for yourself how should look Czech pub at its best.
When planning evening visit make a reservation. Dont worry about the location, it is just 10minutes from center of Prague.

• Visited November 2011
Beaverton, Oregon
“So good went back a second night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

This was close to the conference hotel, within walking distance. The pub was clean and the food was good. Many people, but not too crowded. Some but not too many smokers.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
vienna
“You want a classical bohemian dinner? Thats your place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

When I was planning our trip to Prague, a classical bohemian meal was a “must do” in our schedule. But when we explored the historical centre of the city, we found restaurants who offered various cousins but nothing reached my admittedly high expectations, because I refused to enter a restaurant which solely caters to tourists since a bad experience years ago in Rome.
After I nearly abandoned the hope to found what I was looking for, I decided to consult tripadvisor to find something near our hotel (we stayed at Clarion Congress Hotel Prague).
So we found “Na Radnici” which was in the building next to our hotel and we were more than satisfied!
When you enter the restaurant you will be immediately welcomed by friendly, attentive and English speaking staff, you can choose in which of the three rooms (one smoker with sport tv and two non smoking rooms) you want to dine and you can select from a wide range of different dishes (menu card is in English too). The food and service was excellent and very reasonable priced (we paid under 20 Euros for two main courses plus drinks)!
I can highly recommend this restaurant to everybody! You get really value for money and I will definitely return on my next trip to Prague!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamburg, Germany
“Our great party in this typical Czech pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We´ve spent a great evening party in this typical Czech pub. Just 100 m from our hotel Clarion Congress. A wide selection of Czech food and drinks. I´ve chosen excellent baked pork knee. We all enjoyed fantastic Pilsner Urquiel beer! Very special is Becherovka – Czech liqueur from herbs. All prices are very friendly in this restaurant! I can only recommend this pub!

• Visited December 2010