“Little Venice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pizzeria Ristorante Giovanni

Pizzeria Ristorante Giovanni
Kozna 11 | Praha 1, Prague, Czech Republic (Praha 1)
+420 221 632 605
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 2,849 restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta, Grill
Good for: Romance
Neighborhood: Praha 1
Description: Our restaurant is characterised by the quality of its Italian and international food, taking care to use the best Italian products. We offer a wide range of quality wines from various regions of Italy on our wine list.Our pizzas use typical Neapolitan dough prepared from select Italian flour, fresh mozzarella and conserved Neapolitan tomatoes, our pasta is cooked 'al dente', and our vegetables, meat and fish are always fresh and of the highest quality. In preparing our food, we only use extra virgin olive oil in accordance with Italian tradition.
San Jose, California
“Little Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

What a surprise to find this gem on the back streets of old Prague. We had a nice bottle of wine suggested by the waiter and very tasty pasta dishes. Made us feel like we were in Venice. Almost did not go in because the sign said pizza.

• Visited April 2013

89% Recommend
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Tired of traditional Prague Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had lunch there and was very good, had the Penne pasta, others had pizza and salad. Good service, pasta was cooked just right. No glitches, no issues. I would return

• Visited April 2013
Skipton
“5 Star Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant so much we ate there on three occasions.There are two restaurants the one we visited was the one that is pictured in the man body of Trip Advisor.
Highly recommended were the Tomato soup, fresh salads, risotto and the pizzas were huge.
If you have room the deserts especially the cheesecake were fresh and superb.
Our bill was always under £30.
All staff were very efficient and friendly. The location is just behind the Old Town Square. If visiting Prague eat here you will not be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Pizza in Prague and very reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice ambience with old style decor, very friendly and attentive staff.
Delicious authentic homemade pizza and easy drinking house wine too.
Separate smoking and non-smoking areas which is always good.
Only issue is that they don't have ketchup in the restaurant so BYOK.

• Visited March 2013
Netherlands
“Decent Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Actually I wanted to go to Ambiente Pasta Fresca. I had this as an alternative. I was not disappointed. A very decent Italian. I certainly have had better, but clearly above average. Especially the pasta(although not fresca) was very well made with a good taste. I had a small problem as my waiter had misunderstood my order, but he quickly corrected it after my complaint and I also got an espresso for free (I returned the favor by tipping extra). Overall, with a starter, a pasta, and two glasses of wine, I paid a little over 500 Kroner, which is very decent. So, I can recommend this restaurant!

Visited April 2013