“Never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sprint Penzion

Sprint Penzion
You added Sprint Penzion to your Saves list
Sprint Penzion
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Cukrovarnicka 64, Prague 162 00, Czech Republic (Praha 6)   |
Ranked #194 of 348 Prague B&B and Inns
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

Absolutly the worst pension! We went to prague for weekend. After we came to pension sprint we decided to phone to another hotel and immediatelly leave. The room was stinking. Dust everywhere. Dirty bathroom, wifi wasnt working. The worst thing was lots of nails on the carpet. Never again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

What can I say? The hotel is located far from the city center in Prague 6 and using the underground tube/metro system in Prague takes a lot of time than you would expect simply because the stations are located so far beneath the ground that it literally takes about 10 minutes just to reach the platform where the train stops once you're in the station. Add to that the time it takes to wait for the train and the time it takes to figure out which way to go and another 10-15 minutes to get out of your arrival station, and you can imagine just how surprisingly too much time it actually takes to get from one part of the city to another. So my tip is to either choose another more centrally located hotel/hostel or find other means of traveling within the city.

The tram (which is different from the underground tube) is pretty efficient and convenient, but it is somewhat slower than the underground tube. At least you will get nice views of the city and you will be more oriented with the cityscape. It is also worth mentioning that it is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Anyway, about the hotel, I arrived at 5:30 am and had to knock on the door of the entrance because it was locked, and there was nobody available to meet me, which was not a big deal because in less than a minute, I could hear someone coming and I knew they were coming for me. It turned out to be the receptionist (whom I later discovered was actually also the owner of the establishment), whom I had just awoken from his sleep. I didn't know how to react because I didn't expect to be welcomed this way, and there is no need to mention the appearance (since I obviously awoke him from his sleep), which is natural I guess.

Anyway, moving on to my room, I was escorted by a lady who did not speak any English, but had everything explained to her by the hotel manager who welcomed me (same guy). She showed me my room which I was surprised to find that it was actually a bunk room with 4 beds. I tried to explain to her that I booked a single room not a dorm bed, but she tried to explain to me that they didn't have any single rooms at the moment and that was the only room available, and that they were giving it to me as a single room, which basically means I had the whole room to myself. Because I was so tired and dying to sleep, I thought there was no point trying to change the room since there weren't any other rooms available anyway.

The next day I had the same story explained to me by the hotel owner, and since I was only staying there 2 days, I figured it shouldn't be a big deal. However, the bed wasn't very comfortable as there was only one very very flat pillow which was almost as thin as the duvet and I had to take another pillow from one of the other beds and fold it in half to make it thicker and fuller and put it on top of the other pillow beneath in order to make it comfortable! Also, I noticed some dust particles flying every time I moved something in the room so the room was not the cleanest that I would imagine, but overall it was fine.

There was no computer available to use as the only one available was not working as explained to me the next day by the hotel owner who was also managing the reception because he didn't want to have any staff during the winter/low season. He did offer me to use his computer which he was also using in the reception to manage reservations, but I refused because it was mounted on the reception and using it meant I had to be standing inside the reception like a staff member, not to mention that I wanted to access some personal information on the computer and I wasn't sure if this information would be accessible after I leave the hotel or not.

There was wifi surprisingly which I used to access the internet on my smartphone and that was the only advantage I received regarding the use of computers and internet.

As for the breakfast, it was quite good noting the size of this hotel/pension as it actually is. Cereals, milk, varieties of teas and coffees, toast, cheese, jam, butter, and different types of ham made it quite a good breakfast along with 2 different kinds of juice--an open buffet for about 3.5 euros (originally 4 euros), but I was offered 0.5 euros discount which I can't remember exactly was a compensation for my room or for something else.

Another good thing is the hotel manager is pretty fluent in English and you can speak with him with no problem, and he is also a very friendly and nice person.

Hope that helps with all the details. Of course needless to mention my room had a shared bathroom, but it was fine since I knew that when I did my booking anyway.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

There is something you ought to know about the employees of Penzion Sprint, - they are all quite mad! The place is also really really dirty, dusty, awful, and grim. There is an old-fashioned TV camera from the 1980's recording your every move downstairs. If you are brave enough to mention anything wrong with your room to the reception they will make the rest of your stay extremely unpleasant. Saying that my five stay at Penzion was much worse than an episode of Fawlty Towers doesn't do it justice!!

OK - Be warned and be careful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have to say this was one of the worst places I've ever stayed at. My main feeling was that I didn't want to touch anything because it looks like cleanliness is not the main priority.

But let's go in stages:
- On arrival we were asked to pay, which was ok. Be prepared for this and take money with you, otherwise you'll have to get it from an ATM quite far from the pension as they don't accept cards;
- We booked two rooms, both with bathroom. They tried to give us one room without bathroom, for the same price. We had to argue to get the price corrected to a room without bathroom;
- The place doesn't look as neat as in the photos. I avoided touching stuff in the bathroom because it doesn't look to be very clean;
- The breakfast is served at the door. It was better than I expected. Enough quantity, ok bread, terrible juice.
- The pension is located in a residential area. We did see some embassies close by, therefore it can be considered to be in the embassy area. It takes you around 20 minutes by foot to get to the castle, which is perfectly doable, and it's also a nice walk in between villa's and trees. You can also take tram 18, which is a 5 minute walk from the pension and it stops in the city center;
- There are no supermarkets or acceptable restaurants in the surroundings, make sure you eat in the city center or take food back with you;
- The people spoke English and were nice;
- We made reservations for 155 euros, but when we checked our bank account they charged 165. Make sure the price they give you in the invoice (Czech crowns) converts to the price that was mentioned to you in the reservation!
- The noise was terrible. You hear everything and during the all night. People walking and talking, running water, people doing their business in other rooms, people outside. If you have a light sleep, stay away;
- The bathroom of the room was just like the one in a train or airplane, but with a shower. And it smelled.

In summary, I wouldn't stay there again. I would prefer to pay a bit more and stay in a nicer place.

Room Tip: The rooms in the "basement" are probably better than in the main floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel is located in a quiet area, but not as it has been said by the administration in the diplomatic area. Just be sure to get back with day light, since in the evening the area is quite dark. The administration does not respect bookings or pre-paid reservations, and ask extra money. Besides, as it has been said by other people who had the bad luck to end here, usually clients are charged more money than their reservation. If you want to be in a far away place from the city center, get cheap accomodation, and be cheated, this is the perfect place to be.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dijon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We spent there 4 nights with a friend. Chose this pension for its very cheep price (I mean really cheap) and we weren´t excepting much.. Facilities in our room were very simple, with small bathroom - accurate for the price. It was really clean I must say...No prob with this..
Didn´t try breakfast, we always ate in the city. Language skills of staff were good.
We were little surprised by paying an extra accomodation tax (not much money), but it was explained to us, anyway it would maybe look better if it was included in the price from the begining, real budget travellers might really disagree.
It is located in quiet area, there isn´t much to do around, we saw it as an advantage - no brawlers/ troublemakers nearby.
We fonud it nice to have the Casle in walking distance; we were given first ticket for public transport, bough 24h tickets when we got to the city.

We only used the pension for sleeping, taking shower - rest a little, you know... and ENJOYED the city - food, monuments, night life, shopping..
If you want the same as we did - spend your money for having pleasure from the city and have cheap and simple place to lay your had at night - you might find it just the right place for you.

Room Tip: If you travel as a bunch of friends and don´t mind sleeping together, take the dormitory room - this...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Avoid this hotel. First of all it can easily happened to anyone thgat you made a reservation for a certain price, or you paid in advance for certain room, and once you arrive they tell you that your room has been taken by someone else, and that you have to pay much more money if you want to stay (this happened to me). They take advantage of this, especially during high season, once you arrive and do not have much idea of where else to go. Actualy they tried to charge me 6 times more the price I pre-paid. Second, people who run this hotel, especially the owner is very rude, and does not care at all about customers. He is just interested in getting paid. Beisdes, do not be surprised if you will be asked more money for some "extra" services, which are normally included in the price. Third, it is located in a very bad area, far away from the center, where there is literally nothing around, but some houses. Although the nearest tram station is like 600 meters from the hotel, this area could be dangerous at night, since it is obscure, and as I said you wont find restaurants or shops nearby. For all people who might consider of coming to this place, forget about it. There are hundreds of hotels, hostals and pensions in Prague which are by far much better than this pension in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
penzionsprint, Manager at Sprint Penzion, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello, Thanks for your rating. Our guesthouse has 20 rooms. If you had a room with someone, then you've paid the cheapest dormitory type accommodation. You can not make you pay more than you have specified. Outside the resort fee is not included in the price. The owner of the guest house is not a man but a woman, you probably have a problem with the reception. When asked for payment and you are here at the time of the New Year, so appointed should fully occupied and is payable upon arrival.
Pension is situated in a quiet part of Prague diplomatic, some clients choose him for the position. The city center is 20 minutes. We are sorry that you were unhappy, your comments will be taken into account. reception

Been to Sprint Penzion? Share your experiences!