“Straight ahead Italian food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of la primavera

la primavera
na porici 13, Prague, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,515 of 4,195 Restaurants in Prague
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Ontario
“Straight ahead Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We liked this unpretentious little Italian restaurant so much that we ate there twice during our stay. We found the pasta dishes to be hearty and delicious (the penne with tuna is particularly good) and the minestrone soup was first class. The service was very friendly and efficient, and the atmosphere is fun. Given its proximity to the Municipal House and some very upmarket hotels, the prices are amazing.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Prague, Czech Republic
“Horible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Me and my girlfriend had two pizzas from this restaurant. First of all the pizzas were very small, second of all they were very bad (good ingredients, but executions was horribly), second of all I dont know why but both of us got sick after eating those pizzas. So if you wanna pay extra for nothing good then this is the right place. Well I have to say that the staff was really friendly and helpful.

• Visited March 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Italians would kill themselves and turn in their own graves.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Just ate here mailny because it was just around the corner. Not many reviews posted on this site so here's mine.
The last time I ate such bad pasta was in Cuba and that was the worst pasta of my life. I plead with you to avoid this place if you have any self respect for the god of pasta making.
I've had better meals out of a packet.
The sauce of my chicken was supposed to be fresh tomato with chicken. The chicken looked like it had been minced and the sauce was tasteless, worst of all the pasta was severely overcooked. more Al Capone than Al dente. I left most of it on the plate.
I asked for focaccia with my meal and got some cooked pizza base. I asked for parmesan and was served some out of a packet stuff circa 1984.
I was charged an extra 40Kr for the parmesan. What Italian restaurant charges for parmesan???
I complained to the very nice waitress who was actually sympathetic and removed the pasta from my bill. After a conversation she told me that no-one had ever complained about the pasta before and this is how Czech people like it. The chef is some 20 year old kid I found out , who has never looked at Italy on a map never mind respect it's cuisine.
Rarely am I so annoyed about the desecration of pasta but on this occassion I will make an exception.
It's your choice but I would leave this scandalous type of cooking to Czech people who don't know any better and go to McDonalds for a more authentic Italian meal.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“cheated on bill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

I recently had dinner here with my wife.I ordered a sirloin steak, on their menu it said the steak came with onions,peppers,sausage and potatoes.I asked the waitress what are the choices of potatoes.I ordered french fries which was one that she mentioned. When I received the bill there was two additional items added to the bill,I asked the waiter are the two additional at first he said one was bread(we did not have any bread). Then the waitress who took our order told me that one add-on was for the french fries and the second was for ketchup. Stay clear of this resturant .
Robert. NJ

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Carrión de los Condes
“Great service and tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

We stumbled upon this pizzeria on our way back to the hotel and had a pizza and a rice plate with chicken, vegetables and gratinated cheese. It was delicious. They offer cheap lunch menu but we were there for dinner and ordered off the menu. The service was great. The waitress spoke very good English and was very kind. The only downside was the closing time (11 pm).

• 4 of 5 stars Food