“Excellent experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Augustine Hotel Prague

Save Saved
You added The Augustine Hotel Prague to your Saves list
The Augustine Hotel Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Letenska 12/33 | Lesser Town, Prague 11800, Czech Republic   |
Special Offer
Stay 3 pay 2
Ranked #32 of 668 hotels in Prague
Lima, Peru
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at the hotel on vacation. The hotel is beautiful has great service. My first visit to Prague, the hotel is perfectly located. Nearby metro and bus station. Minutes away from the famous Charles Bridge. Excellent breakfast selection, peacocks on the terrace. The interior has a very clean, elegant decoration. Spacious rooms, very comfortable, top quality!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Augustine and organized a conference there. The service is outstanding, the hotel beautiful with quality in every little detail and staff charming and helpful. If you want to have a centrally located hotel for a weekend getaway or are organizing a corporate event you will not go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Buenos AIres
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Did not stay in the hotel, but tried the Litchfield restaurant on a Friday evening.

The interior is simple but elegant. Not all details of the design are my cup of tea but all in it is a pleasant place.

Service is very friendly. From the moment when entering the restaurant until leaving it, all staff is very attentative.

Tableware, cutlery, glassware...all is top quality.

The food was delicious, the wine list offers a decent choice of Czech and international wines. Prices for wines were actually below the level compared to other Prague hotels which was a nice surprise.

I will certainly be back to this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Augustine attending a conference our company organized in Prague. The hotel is truly a hidden gem. Just a minute away from the Charles Bridge, un-assuming from the outside, but what a beauty. Very large and stylish room, lovely bathroom, dressoit, free and fast wifi, good bar, terrace, breakfast, but above all, very kind and helpful staff. I travelled for business and privately to many hotels, but the Augustine makes it in my top 5. Seems te
Hey are leaving the Rocco Forte group of hotels and will become agin independent.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We pulled up to the Augustine (which is definitely hidden) and they immediately knew our name. Check-in was a breeze. The room was prepared with a welcome cookie for my son.

The room was beautiful. Reading literature on the hotel, the style is Czech cubism. There was ample seating, a huge bed, and many books to look through. The bathroom was very large with a separate shower and bathtub and two sinks. All of the details were very impressive.

The location was perfect. Just a short walk to restaurants, shops, and public transport. Within five minutes we were at the Charles Bridge.

We had breakfast at the hotel every morning of our stay. The staff there was especially accommodating and friendly. The food was delicious. I really enjoyed the Swiss Muesli so much that I have started making that part of my regular breakfast. The staff provided children's plates, cups and silverware which was a really nice touch.

I think families will enjoy how insulated the rooms were. I never heard any noise in the hallways, and the only noise I heard from the street were from the trams, which was ok since my son loved them.

My only complaint is a small one. Upon check-out we were charged for two items from the mini-bar. We did not take any items, and they quickly settled it without any issue. It is, however, the first time in my hotel experience that I've ever been charged for mini-bar items I did not take.

The valet/greeter was really friendly and nice to my kids. Upon our departure they had our car ready to go. We talked to him a bit before we left and he left us with a good final impression of the hotel and the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Healdsburg, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was our second time in Prague and we had passed this hotel a couple of times without know it. Our son rides a tram by a few times a week and he didn't know it was there. Once inside the courtyard you are transported to an elegant space with a great staff at your service. Our room was tucked into one of the seven, I think, buildings that were once a monastary. It was wonderfully decorated and comfortable, though the closet was small.
The bar and restaurant maintain the same high level of service and the house beer & restaurant food were outstanding.
Finally, the location is terrific for sight seeing. We walked all over "Lesser Town" and caught the tram if we needed to go further.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Augustine Hotel Prague? Share your experiences!