“No SPG recognition” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

You added Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zitna 561/8 | P.O. Box 756, Prague 1, 111 21, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #205 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“No SPG recognition”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My room was really small. Funny part - during check in I was told that I will get a suite. It was not true. The room was located at the SPG floor but was really, really small. It was not only a suite but according to the information from my SPG account I received the room of the lowest category offered at this hotel.
I do not understand why I was mislead, but when I spoke later with the same person, she was not surprised at all. Simply told me that the hotel is full. That's all. I do not know if this is the true, because the bellhop told me earlier that the hotel is almost empty. Anyway I was dissatisfied and disappointed. Next time I will stay at other hotel in Prague. Sad because I am a loyal SPG Platinum member since 2007.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Greek first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Reached Prague by bus from Vienna. From the bus stop I took the underground metro to Karlovo Namesti; from where the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

I had booked a Deluxe King Smoking room from the hotels website. Upon arrival I was informed by the friendly receptionist that it's a non-smoking hotel; but to compensate for the misinformation on the website she offered me free in-room WiFi.

The staff at the hotel are very sweet and helpful, with a concierge desk who provided me with maps, directions and even a travel plug!

The loveliest part of the hotel was the smoking terrace they had which almost overlooked the southern part of Praha. The terrace has a bar as well; totally meant for people with their books. smokes and drinks.

The Astronomical Clock tower is a ten minute walk, which is basically the city centre. From the city centre armed with the map, I pretty much made my way through to Charles bridge, Powder gate etc.

The housekeeping was upto the mark, prompt in-room service, fast check out process. Didn't avail the restaurant facilities, as I was always eating out.

The hotel has small bars and restaurants around it, in case one is in the mood for a short walk eatery place.

Would definitely recommend the hotel for a short stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on points and used suite upgrades. Hotel is well run and staff are really friendly and helpful. When I arrived several staff were dressed as pirates for their staff Christmas party which made for a fun atmosphere. My suite was on the second floor on the road. I asked for quieter suite and it was done immediately without any fuss. The club lounge is small and cozy and incredibly well run. The staff member in charge there could not.be more helpful. He has pride in his drinks and the food he serves and is a credit to Starwoods group. The hotel.is not in thecentre but a short walk to the Staromeska Sq and Wenceleslas Sq is 5min walk. There are some nice cafes and coffee shops close by and cafe Modi was excellent too. This hotel.does have a feel.of a building in faded grandure but I like its style.

Room Tip: Avoid road side rooms. They are double glazed but you can hear traffic but this is only a problem i...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
5Andrew, Director of Sales at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Glabal131313,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion. I am delighted that Sheraton Prague Charles Square hotel also met your expectations and there were so many things you were satisfied with.
I appreciate you also enjoyed our staff costumes corresponding with our Christams party theme - Pirates. Special thanks for drawing attention to our associates and level of service we provide.

I hope to be standing at your disposal at your future visit as well.

With best regards.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is ideally located. It is within walking distance to many attractions. The Charles Bridge is maybe a 20 minute walk.

As a platinum guest I had a suite. It was nice. The shower was wonderful because it was a walk in shower with a rain shower.

The club lounge was small maybe 10 tables.

I had breakfast in the restaurant on my last day. It was a traditional European breakfast. This consisted of bread, cheese, cold cuts, juices and cake.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. This hotel did not have a pool.

I had free wifi. I am not sure if other guests have to pay for it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear karol452,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I greatly appreciate you taking your time to bring your experiences to our attention. I am glad you enjoyed location of the hotel and shower in the room.
We are now in the process of new wifi system installation therefore all the guests will have free wifi in rooms.

I hope that there is the possibility that we can welcome you back to the Sheraton Prague Charles Square in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Sheraton in Prague was one of the best that I've had. The friendly receptionist checked me in and Informative about where to go in the city. The location is a good walking distance to old town about 10 minutes.

Service: 9/10
Room: 8/10
Bathroom: 7/10
Location 8/10

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear ricky_kw,

Thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to read reviews like yours which show that we are doing the right things to create memorable experiences. I am glad that you enjoyed location of the hotel.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a couple of days in November. Although it was cold outside, this hotel is located in a very good area near to the city center. By foot you can reach in 30-40 minutes the Charles Bridge trough the most important locations in Prague's City center. Nice and pleasant people at the reception, good English knowledge. For the location, quality and money its a very good choice. The Rooms are clean, spacious, modern and comfortable. Nice breakfast with various and fresh products. It is a perfect hotel for a city trip, near to center side with easy walking access to the old city town.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear M G,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am truly delighted to learn that the team made such a great impression and that hotel facilities and location of the hotel met your expectations. I will forward you compliments to our teams and look forward to your future stays.

Budapest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a lifetime platinum member with Starwood - so loyal and have seen lots of their properties.

This was a shocker. I booked it as it was relatively new (±5 years) but the building is a hopeless structure (hard to make anything good with it), poorly refurbished (loose floor tiles in my suite, worst and cheapest materials, looked like the builders worked without an architect, my suite - one of the best I was told - was a duplex practically without windows) and located in the heart of the red light district (not ideal for most travellers).

The icing on the cake was the club lounge: full of set tables (no proper seating/relaxation area) but providing practically nothing to munch on.

Staff meet normal Sheraton standards - so I must say I felt bad telling them how bad their hotel is.

Anyway a big shame for Starwood, they entered the Czech Republic very late in the game just to open a shabby, soviet looking hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Fedele_DM,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square hotel and for drawing our attention to an aspect of our property. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to live up to your expectations. We value our SPG members and therefore I would like to take the opportunity and thank you for your loyalty.
Hotel Sheraton Prague was open 5 years ago in a historical building from late 19th Century. It gives the building its specific unique character difficult to compare with other Starwood hotels all around the world. Smaller size of the hotel allows us to focus on our customers and quality of the service we provide.
Prague comparing other European cities does not have „Red light district“ as you mentioned. There is just limited number of night clubs spread all over the city. Naturally some of them are located in a city centre.

I sincerely hope that your future trips will involve less hassle and more positive experiences.

Director of Sales

Been to Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel? Share your experiences!