“Good hotel for a business traveller” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

You added Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zitna 561/8 | P.O. Box 756, Prague 1, 111 21, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #201 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel for a business traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I found this hotel to be very good - nothing too fancy but fits the bill perfectly. Convenient to old city location, polite and efficient staff, good food both for dinner and breakfast, nice rooms with complimentary coffee/water etc and good wifi. My boss didn't like "seedy" location, but I didn't find it to be so at all, I think he made a wrong turn over his first evening in the city. I do not grade it as 5 star for a) ridiculous deposit taken for an electricity adaptor b) slight smell in my non smoking room and c) confusing layout of rooms (probably it is a converted apartment building). But those are really minor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Barsuchok,

Let me thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is placed in an historical building, which went through a deep reconstruction and renovation. As for that reason, hotel gives a unique tint of history blended with a modern design following Sheraton Brand guidelines.

Our concierge provides electricity adapters, umbrellas and other additional equipment, while there is a courtesy deposit reversed just at a moment of returning such item.

With the warmest regards,

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel three years ago and was really impressed with the high level of service and cleanliness. On this occasion partway into our seven day stay I was unexpectedly admitted to hospital for three days and during my absence all the staff at the hotel really fussed over my wife and looked after her especially in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner where the food is excellent, nothing was too much. We travel a lot and can say without hesitation that the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is the best all-round hotel we have stayed in. The location is good with a five minute walk to trams and 20 minutes to the town center. We will stay here next time we visit Prague.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James E,

What a wonderful feedback! Thank you very much for staying loyal to Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

I felt terrible when I was informed you must have gone to hospital. As we understood this must be especially hard when someone is traveling, we provided the best care of your wife, while you were recovering.

I wish you all the best, strong health and see you soon on your next trip to Prague.

Yours Sincerely,

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here recently for 5 nights ... note; we are both SPG platinum members are stayed on points (this is the only SPG hotel in town).
The location is interesting .. in the new town with yes, a strip club/night club next door. This was not an issue though .. I would say the park a block away was more of an issue as they seemed to be quite a bit of action here throughout of visit .. nothing that made us feel un-safe, just on guard at times. I do think for a tourist visiting Prague, staying in the old town might be better.
Service was good throughout .. .friendly and efficient check-in. We were upgraded to a deluxe two level suite which was quite nice. Only service issue we had was in the club lounge for breakfast ... trying to get a coffee was much harder than it should have been at breakfast.
Overall a very good visit .. we would consider staying here again on our next Prague visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear darrennelson,

thank you for staying with us and posting your review online.

It is always a great pleasure to have Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) member at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel as they are the most loyal guests and I would like to express my cordial appreciations for staying loyal when planning your trip to Prague.

I regret to get to know you might have experienced some inconveniences getting your coffee, however, I hope this aspect did not overshadow your overall good impression.

I would be honored to welcome you back on your next stay with us.

Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The complet staff in this hotel was very sympathetic specialy to the reception .
The room was clean.
The Sheraton Prague Charles Square was one off the best in Europe
The room service was excellent as a restaurent

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Bergamo B,

Thank you for taking time to write and post your review on TripAdvisor.

It is always a great pleasure to assist our valuable guests to an amazing experience in Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Hope to see you back soon.

General Manger
Orleans, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I frankly wasn't too thrilled about staying at a Sheraton but we were very pleasantly surprised. Everyone was great to us. Loved the restaurant. Enjoyed the view from the bar on the roof. Walked from the hotel to old town, etc. The concierge was a delight. Front desk friendly and helpful. It was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Emerson7,

What a great review you bestowed us upon. Thank you very much.

Let me take the opportunity to share your kind praises with Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel associates.

Best regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived in Prague tired, hungry and with no luggage since the airlines lost our bags. The hotel staff was so kind and sympathetic towards helping us locate our bags when the airlines told us they were "somewhere in Europe". Our room was very clean and they quickly brought us an extra bed, pillows and towels since there were 3 of us in the room. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The service was excellent, especially Slava at the front desk.
The location of the hotel was ok - we walked to all the major sights in Prague in about 15-20 minutes.
I would recommend this hotel when visiting Prague.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear J W,

I would like to express my deepest appreciations for your great review.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel associates deeply focus on meeting all guest expectations and I am happy we arranged for yourself and your family an exceptional stay.

Yours sincerely,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

For someone who has traveled the world a few times I have become unimpressed with the Sheraton brand. Because of this I had my doubts when traveling to Prague, but The Sheraton Prague Charles Square has made me a believer. You get large brand hotel with a boutique feel, the staff was amazing, my room was beautiful and the location is spot on for someone who wants to be close to all the action but not right in it. The food and drink are something to brag about, but the service was second to none. They made you feel welcome, and acctually where interested in helping you see there beautiful city for all it is. I will be staying there again and again when I travel through in the future.

Room Tip: Starwood Perfered Guest Is the only way to go!