“Really nice hotel near the very center of Prague” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

You added Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zitna 561/8 | P.O. Box 756, Prague 1, 111 21, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #201 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice hotel near the very center of Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Been here recently twice. Once got upgraded to duplex which was really nice except I didn't have much time to enjoy due to short stay:) location is within walking distance from Vaclavske nam. only pity is a nightclub next to the hotel although I never had unpleasant experience walking by. Rooms are nice and quiet. Breakfast is good also with chef ready to make you a fresh omelette.

• Stayed August 2013
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Marsio,

Thank you for your continuous loyalty and also taking time to write the review.

I truly hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous two and that you might have a bit more time to enjoy all the exceptional services Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel provides.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hitel situated in nice but busy street. Room was quiet as all the doors were towards backyard. Inside everything as in every 4 stars hotel, so from this perspective 5 star rating is not easy to understand. Morning service was great and breakfast was served in a very professional way. Upon the regular breakfast menu you can have a glass of champagne what is good specially after a long night :). Reception desk service great and very client orientated.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joanna S,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is composed of 4 buildings, each having rooms facing different direction.

I am glad you found our Food and Beverage and Front Office service great and welcoming. After all – it is our associates and the service that create a 5 star experience.

Wish you an amazing day,

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We arrived in the evening around 5pm. Checkin was quick, we were provided adjoining rooms. The bellboy showed us to our room. The smell of smoke permeated from the room. We returned to the front desk to advise that we had requested non smoking rooms. She advised us that they weren't I then asked why there were empty ashtrays supplied in both bathrooms. She checked her computer again and then proceeded to advise us that the hotel was at capacity. We begrudgingly returned to room. When trying to get information from the concierge we waited while the concierge step off to the side to talk on his cell phone for several minutes, he didn't even acknowledge or sign to us in any way, frustrated we walked away.

The rooftop terrace is amazing and a must while staying here. The bar service was excellent the waitress was very helpful and always served us with a smile despite it being extremely hot throughout our stay.

The room itself was fairly new, high ceilings which was nice, the bathroom was clean and well appointed. The beds are the typical heavenly beds which is the main reason why continuously choose this hotel chain.

I would have given this hotel a better rating if it wasn't for the front end staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CanSunSeeker,

First of all, I would like to thank you for providing us your feedback and your continuous loyalty to Starwood.

I was shocked to read you might have been allocated a smoking room. This is definitely not a standard occurrence and I will take further steps to investigate on the details.

On the same note, please accept my apology for the concierge not being available for you just at the time you needed the service.

I am glad you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bad – a brand concept mattress, specially designed for the most amazing sleep imaginable.

I will personally make sure your future stay will be spotless.

Have a wonderful day,

Orlando, FL.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel for five days in August and had a great stay. The location of the hotel is near Charles Square, and regardless of what you read in other reviews, the area is perfectly fine and completely safe at night. I have been visiting Prague for years and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Charles Square area. With a normal walking pace, the hotel is approximately a 10 minute walk to Wenceslas Square, a 20 minute walk to Old Town Square, and a 10 minute walk to the National Theater. It is also very close to the hip and trendy Vinohrady neighborhood with its many cafes and bars. If you do not feel like walking, simply take the Charles Square metro locaed just a couple of minutes away from the hotel. The rooms were beautiful with a great entry area (closet, shelves, etc.), beautiful bathrooms, and an oversized sleeping area (I am a platinum Starwood member so my room was upgraded). The rooms were cleaned in a timely manner and I never had to worry about coming back to the hotel in the late afternoon and the room not being made up. The Club room was a little bit small and the evening snacks were a little disappointing but the breakfast was awesome. The staff that worked the breakfast shift were excellent and very attentive to everybody's needs. It would just be nice to get a few more food choices in the evening for snacks. Finally, the bar on the top of the hotel is wonderful and offers great views of Prague. I would definitely recommend a drink during your stay. Overall a great choice in a central location.

Room Tip: My room faced Zitna street which isn't much to look at so I'm not sure if there are better v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear chriswick614,

It is a great comment of yours and I would like to thank you for that.

As mentioned in couple of previous reviews, the hotel is located in a safe area. Let me mention that guests security is absolutely essential for us.

Your feedback on a Club Lounge has a great value as well and I will pass this to Food and Beverage managers to see what can be improved to provide even more amazing experience.

I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back soon.

All the best,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We're a little late on this, but better late than never. This place was exceptional. Initially, we we're worried about the post mentioning the strip club a couple places down, but it was a danty place with no impact on the surrounding areas. The staff we're also warm and welcoming. It is in a good location for walking as well. We didn't take any tours, but we will next time we go back and stay on the same place.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chad M,

Thank you for your nice feedback.

I am happy you enjoyed the stay to the fullest.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you for your next visit.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Sheraton is close the main station and has great service. The accommodations were great and staff were very nice. They even brought my children milk and cookies the first night. Upgraded us to a suite which was very nice for the kids. Location is about 10 min walk from central square which is great since it located near many local restaurants and away from all the tourists. Provided late checkout which was convenient. As a SPG Platinum they took care of us and the kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear tvterror,

Thank you for this amazing review on Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

I am really glad we met and exceeded your expectations and – hopefully – created an unforgettable experience.

Wish you a wondeful day,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is beautiful with a really fun bar and great restaurant BUT the best feature is the excellent staff! The entire hotel staff: Club Lounge, Restaurants, Bell Desk, Car Service, Laundry, Front Office and especially the concierge provided wonderful, attentive customer service and hospitality during our stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Each time we asked for assistance or advice we had friendly and helpful staff provide great support right away. I hosted a dinner for 8 at the hotel restaurant and the dinner was delicious and the service provided by Tomas, our waiter, was perfect.

I have been very lucky to travel so some of the world's most beautiful cities, such as London, Hong Kong, Zurich, Paris, Rome, Montreal, Florence, New Delhi, Madrid, Sydney, Copenhagen, Cairo, New York and San Francisco and I have to say that I have a new favorite city: Prague. The beautiful sights, proud history and friendly people exceeded my expectations in every way and I have been telling everyone who I meet these days how wonderful Prague is and that they MUST visit and stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mary S,

I don´t think I could be more thankful for this review.

We deeply focus on a continuous development and all of our team members are regularly going through a Service Culture trainings to make sure to provide the same level of service our guests are used to from all over the World.

We believe it is our associates who make all the difference.

Let me take this opportunity to share your feedback with involved associates´ managers.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Been to Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel? Share your experiences!