“Great time, great room, great service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

You added Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zitna 561/8 | P.O. Box 756, Prague 1, 111 21, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #205 of 662 Hotels in Prague
vicksburg, mississippi
“Great time, great room, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from great stay at this hotel. They cannot do enough for you there!! Bathroom was glorious! The club room was awesome from the breakfasts to the attendant who was so friendly. The view from the rooftop bar has to be one of the best in town. The "brothel" next door was nothing more than a fun place to take a picture..never saw or heard anything from it and we stayed a week. Great location outside of old town. Easy walk and metro very close. Also recommend the jazz river cruise and dont miss a bar called tynska bar and books off old town square down tynska street to the left of tyn church!!

Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear dawnmeeks,

I would like to take this as an opportunity to thank you not only for staying at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square hotel, but also for posting this amazing review.

We are all glad we made your stay an exceptional one.

Feel free to e-mail me when you are returning to Prague, I would be happy to welcome you back.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Greek first
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton in Prague with my husband last week and although I liked the hotel itself, I realy disliked the location. It is true the "red pussy cat" strip club is just next door, but this did not bother me as it was quiet and I did not see any movement. What really did bother me was the location of the hotel. There is nothing really close by and anything you want to do requires a 15 minutes walk. It would be very nice to be close to the historic atractions. For that reason only, I would not recomend this hotel to other travellers. Why Sheraton has a hotel in such a location is still a mistery to me. Pitty...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear shs_orlando,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to express my appreciations for commenting on hotel stay.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is located in a very center of a new part of Prague, which gives our guests an opportunity to reach all attractions within just few minutes.

Let us know, if your travels bring you back to Prague.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton and I can honestly say it's a great hotel and believe me I'm hard to please.

Checking into the hotel was a breeze it took 5 minutes, and our room was ready even through it was only 1130 when we arrived. Our room was very clean, and comfortable. We had a room in the inner courtyard and it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well.

In previous reviews negative comments were made about the club next door. This club is not an issue, no noise, no posters etc. You wouldn't even know it was there if the name wasn't on the window, so don't be put off.

The breakfast was good and the chef will make you an omelette to your requirements. Restaurant staff were very helpful as well staff in reception.

The hotel is located by a park in Charles square and yes a few homeless people hang over there but if you go to any park in the Prague homeless people hang out so it's no big problem. They leave you alone unlike other countries.

It's an easy 15 minute walk into the city centre where you will find all the tourist spots, good restaurants nearby, good transport links either by tram, bus or metro which are within 5 minutes of the hotel. You can buy a 30 minute transport ticket from the hotel or walk to the tobacconist shop near the tram stop and get a day ticket which covers all transport.

Thank you so much we had a very relaxing stay at your hotel, each and every member of staff looks after you, great team work. If I ever visit Prague again I will book the Sheraton

Room Tip: Inner Courtyard was quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear L T,

I can´t thank you enough for the amazing review you have posted.

Let me take the liberty of sharing your kind words and praises with all associates and their managers.

Make sure to keep me updated of your future stay, so we can arrange another wonderful stay in Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night following a wedding, and after walking for 30 minutes along cobbled streets found the hotel very welcoming- ignoring the fact that right next door is a strip club called "red pussy cat" which offer a whole variety of wonders from the signs. Families with impressionable family members need not worry, as there are only drawings of a cat-woman type woman and no nudity.
The hotel staff are very welcoming, and are very helpful, even bartering with taxi drivers for us.
The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable, with pillows that were the most comfortable i'd had in a long while.
The only downside to our room (314) was that the shower/bath setting had come away from the wall, but after a few tweaks, it worked fine.
The continental breakfast was around £9 for us as we had a discount card, and the buffet was £13 each. Although there didnt seem to be anyone paying attention to who was taking the buffet.
The buffet included cold meats, full-english, cheeses, many different honeys, yoghurt, breads, cereals, and a menu of cooked plates.
The jacuzzi was at a cost of 900czk per 55mins but didnt seem worth it upon inspection.
The sauna and plunge pool on the other hand was free, and very good, although it was a sheet only spa, no swim trunks allowed.
The reception staff we great- allowing us to use the computers to print off our boarding passes for our flight, all free of charge.
All in all this was a very good hotel if you can forgive the area, and with only a 15 min walk in to town, it was all we needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear IanRossiter,

Please accept my appreciations for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad you and your family enjoyed the stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

It is wonderful you mentioned two of our Sheraton Brand concepts:
Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bad, which is a specially designed mattress, including covers, down feather and anti-allergic pillows, which our guests find the most comfortable, and Link@Sheraton. Brand concept social hub to provide guests with free computers, internet and printer to use to connect, because as we believe – out of town doesn’t mean out of home.

I highly value your comment on the area. The bar in building on a street has never been cause of any issues and as you mentioned, there is nothing to be offended about.

Once again, thank you for your comment and if life brings you back to Prague, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I were in this hotel two months ago.- We are SPG members as we like the comfort that these hotels bring to his guests.- As in almost all Sheratons do not expect a warm and special treatment (I have to recognize that the staff is well trained) but you can bet that the rooms (and the beds) are above the average.- The hotel is not in the middle of downtown but is very near and at walking distance you can reach the principal points of the city except the Prague Castle that a 15 minutes ride on the 22 tram will leave you at the very door of the Castle (a real "must" of Prague).- This have nothing to do with the hotel but it takes my attention the quantity of prostitution that are in this city.-

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Mr.RR

Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback on TripAdvisor and for being loyal to Starwood Hotels.

As you mentioned in your review, the hotel is conveniently located in a very centre of a new part of Prague – not too far from all attractions, but spared from the biggest touristy crowds.

We, as all other Sheraton Hotels worldwide are proud providers of Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds – a branded mattresses concept specially designed for our guests comfort.

I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you once again soon.

With the best regards,

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice stay at the Prague Sheraton last weekend. It was our first time in Prague so we didn't know that the location was a little suspect, but it turned out to be fine. A quick walk through a park that we dubbed "crack head park" and we were at the Metro stop. Prague is an easy city to get around in, too bad we seemed to know more than the concierege at the hotel. Either way, aside from the location (right next to a brothel and afore mentioned drug Disneyland), and the unhelpful concierge, the rooms were nice, the bed was big and the shower was awesome. We'll likely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear MikeMikeWilson,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It makes me glad you had a nice stay in Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

As in any major cities, you can find all different sorts of people, however the Charles Square Park was never cause of any troubles or security issues.

Let me also thank for a comment on our concierge. I will pass this to the relevant manager to take appropriate steps.

Wish you a great day,

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square property, centrally located in a safe part of the city. One can walk comfortably to most attractions and sights within a fifteen minute radius from the hotel. My impressions were definitely warm and inviting and the front-of-house staff cordial and hospitable. Mary Klemsa was one of the Reception staff. I found her to be charming and professional. She always had a warm smile and provided invaluable assistance to ally my questions on the city and/or the hotel.

Try the Buffet Breakfast, located off the lobby. Delicious and fulfilling!

And, last but not least, this Sheraton like all Starwood properties encourages customers like me to stay at one of the many properties worldwide for free future night stays and upgrades with the enrolled Starwood Preferred Guest program! I, for one, am glad I joined this rewards-program.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mike902,

I can´t thank you enough for this amazing review you have posted!

I feel so thrilled to get to know we are doing a right thing. I will definitely pass Ms. Mary Klemsa and her manager, as well as the Breakfast associates pass your praises.

If your trips bring you back to Prague, we will be happy to welcome you back.

And by the way – Welcome to SPG program. We are proud to have another loyal customer.

Best regards,

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Been to Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel? Share your experiences!