“Not worth for money. Don't come. ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Svejk Restaurant

Svejk Restaurant
ul 28 rijna 378 | Praha 1, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Praha 1)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,541 of 4,243 Restaurants in Prague
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Praha 1
“Not worth for money. Don't come. ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I should have read review before went in. The food was just average and very expensive. Some staffs are not nice as well. Moreover, they charge for service like othe said 100 CZK. We order just little but some up to be almost 900 CZK. Dont come to this restaurant.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“I should have checked trip advisor!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

All the stories are true. They charge for pretzels on the tables, they give you a 100czk service charge per diner, food is very average. Also, I was down to my last 600czk when I went in, but I wasn't worried because I saw a Visa sign in the door. I gave them my card when I was presented with the bill, and they said they don't accept credit cards. My total came to 890 ill-spent crowns, and it wasn't until I showed them that I didn't have the cash that they accepted my card. Total rip-off, I hope you see this before you stop in!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Gives Czech Restaurants a Bad Name”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stopped here as we were very hungry, it was bitterly cold and we wanted soup. We told the Maitre De that we just wanted soup. After being seated and told there was a 40 minute wait we were promptly served with drinks. When the waiter returned to take our food order we were told that none of the multiple soups on the menu were available. I ended up having a baguette and my wife nothing. When the bill came and the waiter realised that I was paying with cash he decided not to show me the receipt. Whilst the baguette didn't leave a bad taste everything else did.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

STAY AWAY! Total tourist trap. They charge for the pretzels on the tables. You pay a high rate for everything, including water. Food is very poor; definitely over-priced. Our worst meal during our trip to Europe, by far. Do not get caught by this tourist trap.

Visited August 2012
“100 czk cover charge per person + 98 czk for a soft drink (coke or ginger ale)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

+ 50 czk for a small prezle

You all find all of this @ the end of the meal. Waiters are rude. We feel like we've been robbed by con-artist on the street, except this is legit restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere